Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-28-2007, 12:31 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Call me a pessimist but I don't even see a chance of Alizée visiting Canada until at least a year after the initial release of the new album, and only if it does very well in France. And a concert tour being even less likely and further down the road as she doesn't even have plans for a European concert tour yet. Certainly as long as the French music networks in Canada, like Musique Plus, yield zero results for Alizée the chances are slim to none at best. You can always hope the new single when made into a video might show up on Musimax's French Connexion or C'est Neuf but that usually only happens months after it's released in France and usually only if it is popular and the label is interested in promoting the album here. But as said before the Québec media is very protective of Québec artist's and don't usually support artists from France without some sort of public demand. And it is hard to get most of the public to demand something that is not already mass marketed to them. The Fifty-Sixty promo fits with the other videos they play so hopefully once a video is made the label and media have enough interest to air it (but again so does a lot of other music out of France which is never aired here). It isn't a concert but at least it's a step in the right direction, which is what is needed if Alizée is ever going to visit in an official capacity and not just for another vacation. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of in person interview and/or performance in Montreal at one of the French music stations though, but that will only happen if her videos get put into regular rotation and do well enough for them to think it is worthwhile.

PS: Just for the record Liberia and Malaysia also have flags similar to that of the US (my Larousse has most of the national flags displayed inside its cover), but the story confirms it was a US flag thrown on stage.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Well i did sign the papers for my passport and i will get it in like 6 to 9 weeks, then i am going to see if i can get a oneway flight to France to see her in a consert, then return home. i hope
Old 08-28-2007, 12:39 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
If I'm reading things right, it's likely to be a couple of years before Alizée does another concert tour even in Europe, let alone North America. I'm basing this on the assumption that she no longer wants to perform the songs from the Gourmandises/MCE era. She'll need two albums worth of material to do a concert, and as of this year she'll only have one.

A lot can happen in two years. Wait and see what develops, and don't get a false sense of urgency because there's really no hurry.
Y'know, she said that early on in an interview, but I remember going to a perfectly beautiful Debbie Gibson concert back in the days when she only had one album. She performed maybe 3 songs off her upcoming 2nd album, and an Elton John cover, on top of her existing album's songs, and it was plenty. And until we see the album, we have no way of knowing how bad she wants to sever ties with the past. It's one thing if she pulls an Alanis or a Tori and totally distances herself from her old image. But if not, I don't see why she should necessarily refuse to perform all her old stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentFox View Post
Well i did sign the papers for my passport and i will get it in like 6 to 9 weeks, then i am going to see if i can get a oneway flight to France to see her in a consert, then return home. i hope
Good luck....passport backlog is the worst it's ever been. But it'll at least be next year, so no rush.
BTW, why one-way, if you're coming back?

Last edited by fsquared; 08-28-2007 at 12:41 AM..
Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Y'know, she said that early on in an interview, but I remember going to a perfectly beautiful Debbie Gibson concert back in the days when she only had one album. She performed maybe 3 songs off her upcoming 2nd album, and an Elton John cover, on top of her existing album's songs, and it was plenty. And until we see the album, we have no way of knowing how bad she wants to sever ties with the past. It's one thing if she pulls an Alanis or a Tori and totally distances herself from her old image. But if not, I don't see why she should necessarily refuse to perform all her old stuff.
Yeah. I went and saw Maroon 5 in 2005 and they only had one album. I think they played some new stuff - that didn't show up until their new album this year. Also, they performed other artists' stuff, classics and so forth. They were awesome - really great rock and roll performers! I'm not making any assumptions at this time, though yes, it's probably true that a concert won't be for quite a while yet. I don't want to be caught unprepared, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Anyone interested in the Flag story can check out these concert reports.

http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/page.p...id=212&lang=gb

http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/page.p...id=214&lang=gb

http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/page.p...about_riccardo

I found them enjoyable reading.
Well, I read that first one. Yes, I can definitely imagine how depressing it would be to leave there, but at least he got to be there. That's something that will never happen quite like that again. Sad for those of us who missed it. Reading that sort of thing fuels one's determination at least. Heaven on earth - can exist for a short time?

Merci Fanny
Old 08-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post

Good luck....passport backlog is the worst it's ever been. But it'll at least be next year, so no rush.
BTW, why one-way, if you're coming back?
would be cheaper for me just to do a oneway, my bestfriends mom is a travel agent and then i can stay for like a week and then call to get a plane back in like a day or 2, even cheaper for me she said so, but i would not blame her almost 2 gs just to fly there and back for like 4 days.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it would be a life time of memories to see Alizee. Think about this, when was the last time any of us left the country to go see a musician perform?

I'd be happy to see her in Canada for sure. Going to France would be icing on the cake

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

Wlll if i went to Frence to see Alizée play in a consert live it would be my first.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm basing this on the assumption that she no longer wants to perform the songs from the Gourmandises/MCE era.
I highly doubt that. We don't even know what Alizée thinks of Mylène, and even if she is actually angry at her, she wouldn't stop liking at least some of the work. The songs are beautifully written, even more beautifully composed. Nobody can deny their awesomeness.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Espire, you misunderstood. I'm not saying she's mad at Mylène, I'm saying she wants to redefine herself musically. That might or might not mean she will stick exclusively to the new stuff for concerts, but either way it has nothing to do with either Mylène or the songs themselves being bad.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Espire, you misunderstood. I'm not saying she's mad at Mylène, I'm saying she wants to redefine herself musically. That might or might not mean she will stick exclusively to the new stuff for concerts, but either way it has nothing to do with either Mylène or the songs themselves being bad.
I know that she wants to change her image, but it's hard to turn down the amazing things that have been produced. Artists often sing very old songs at concerts, even if their image has radically changed.