Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 07:34 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
`Well that's kind of a deep subject because there are options now for people with vision problems. She definitely wore them when she was young, but was it for distance or close up, or both? That's hard to say.

I think she did wear contacts at some point. I wore contacts myself for several years and I recognize some signs where she reached for her eyes that to me indicated they were either bothering her or slipping out of position.
Oh so it is true that she wore contact lenses for some years. Do you remember when? I mean, in her 20s or when she was a teenager...?

Quote:
He told me about a cop who was on a swat team who had it done that way. He wanted good distant vision for aiming his weapon, then good close up vision for reloading it. He said later this cop wanted the other eye done too, when he joined the sniper team.
I find this story really interesting. It's as though that guy is kind of a super soldier, who improve his military powers thanks to microscopic engineering: Robocop. Lol

Quote:
I'll tell you what has gone on with my vision over the years.

Still, my vision for driving purposes of which I recently took a test, is still considered 20/20.
I see. I knew that distant and close up vision could even improve or "switch" as happened to you over time but I think this is something so personal that every person gets a different situation. Anyway, I have an uncle who had an operation for his eyes (don't know what kind) and now he doesn't need glasses. But from what he told me, these kinds of operations can be very dangerous. So I hope everything went good with you.

Quote:
I just hope if Alizee has problems with her close up vision, that Greg leaves the seat down.
Ahahahah he seems to be a gentleman, so there shouldn't be any problem eh eh

Anyway, it seems that now she needs glasses only for close up vision (even though I think it is not that serious). What do you say? I guess it is difficult to be sure of that because most of what we see from Alizée is photos while she is wearing sunglasses or while she's dancing (or stuff like that). And it's almost impossible to tell if also her sunglasses help her vision (hope you understand because I don't know how you call lenses that help you to see better)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
`He recommended only doing one eye. That way you have good distant vision in one eye and good close up vision in the other.
Oh let me ask you a question: did this affect your way to see? I mean, did you have to close one eye when for example you looked at something far (as the cop that uses one eye for aiming)?

Oh anyway, changing the subject, recently I have taken a look at your YouTube channel and there is a lot of interesting stuff (even though, from what I read in some past threads, you had to remove some videos). So, thank you!
I'm telling you this here because I have a different username on YouTube

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-25-2019 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-26-2019, 12:03 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Does Alizée need to wear contact lenses/glasses?
I think the answer is yes--- she needs glasses or contacts. (That of course, assumes that she hasn't had laser surgery.)

She wore weird blue contacts in one of the En Concert concerts. (Does anyone have a photo?) This implies that she was used to wearing contacts.

Look at the following picture; look at her right eye.

There's quite a bit of refraction-- the glasses seem to make her eye appear "closer." This means she is nearsighted-- if I understand optics correctly. (But maybe the photo is misleading?)

18489693_10158705467640574_7634113498925270855_o -cr1.jpg

18489693_10158705467640574_7634113498925270855_o -cr2.jpg

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 08-26-2019 at 12:56 AM..
Old 08-26-2019, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post

There's quite a bit of refraction-- the glasses seem to make her eye appear "closer." This means she is nearsighted-- if I understand optics correctly. (But maybe the photo is misleading?)
Oh I see. And does this mean that she needs to wear them every moment? Because from what my oculist told me, there are people who have to wear glasses always and so can wear lenses; and other people that can't wear glasses always because that could damage their eyes. But I can't remember if he was talking about nearsighted or other stuff

Quote:
She wore weird blue contacts in one of the En Concert concerts. (Does anyone have a photo?) This implies that she was used to wearing contacts.
This photo should be in this very forum! I saw it a few days ago but didn't download it because I thought it was photoshopped. So I don't know where I saw it (probably here anyway) . I think people said that she wore them because of Halloween. If it is true, probably she wore them because she was already used to do it.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:36 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:

This photo should be in this very forum! I saw it a few days ago but didn't download it because I thought it was photoshopped. So I don't know where I saw it (probably here anyway) . I think people said that she wore them because of Halloween. If it is true, probably she wore them because she was already used to do it.

Last edited by kulli; 08-26-2019 at 12:39 PM..
Old 08-26-2019, 01:19 PM

Exactly! Thanks, kulli
Old 08-26-2019, 03:20 PM

Thank you Kulli!!

Do you have more pics of the weird eyes?
Old 08-26-2019, 03:59 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Thank you Kulli!!

Do you have more pics of the weird eyes?
I believe i have seen 2 or 3 different photos on a website, but i can't find it anymore.
It was the Concert at the "Parc des Expositions" at Reims, date 20.12.2003
Old 08-27-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Oh I see. And does this mean that she needs to wear them every moment? Because from what my oculist told me, there are people who have to wear glasses always and so can wear lenses; and other people that can't wear glasses always because that could damage their eyes. But I can't remember if he was talking about nearsighted or other stuff
If she's nearsighted, then she needs them for distance. Unless she has had laser surgery, I'd assume that she wears contacts every day.

Some people can't wear contact lenses (I'm not sure why.)
Christopher Lambert--- the actor in "Highlander"--- is extremely nearsighted, but he can't wear contact lenses (he can only wear eyeglasses.) So when he is acting, he is practically blind--- if you look at his eyes, you can tell that he can't see very good.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:37 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think this is an Alizee picture. I'll have to do an earring check. If it is, it doesn't look to be a very strong prescription.
These might have been glasses they put on her to obtain a certain look.

Alizee glasses 5.jpg

12734141_1686024268333486_218535294182929675_n.jpg

Edit:

I finally found a picture I was looking for. It was taken in her apartment (condo?) in Paris. I was wrong on two counts. She wasn't wearing glasses and I thought the monitor had an Apple logo on the back.

The second picture is from her 'Excite' trip to Japan video. In it, she gingerly looks to be touching her eye. From experience, that looks to me like something you do when your contact is bothering you or maybe slipping out of place. I could be wrong about that too.

Alizee at window resized.jpg

alizee contacts.jpg

Edit:

A member of our forum said at the concert show he was at, she wore a lot of glitter on her face. I'll have to see if I can find that text, though I don't think there's a good picture of it.

Edit:

A member of our forum said at the concert show he was at, she wore a lot of glitter on her face. I'll have to see if I can find that text, though I don't think there's a good picture of it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-27-2019 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-27-2019, 11:34 PM

While we're on the subject...

newglasses.jpg

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline