Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-21-2013, 05:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Someone, I believe ALS mentioned the burnout factor and I believe that's the same thing I refer to as that proverbial wall we all run into where it's just not quite the same anymore. For some it comes much quicker than others. I used to stay up most of the night (when I wasn't working) watching her videos, creating videos of my own, commenting on everything that was said in here.

Now only once in a while do I stay up for hours watching her videos, but when ever I listen to music which is just about every day, I still just listen to her. I was working on another video, but because of a major timing issue, I have to wait til fall to finish it. As far as commenting on all posts, that's something I don't often do unless it's something of a meaningful nature. We've talked about her style, her eyes, her legs so many times, like someone else says, for those of us who have been here for years, it's seems redundant.

Now Aaronius31 was mentioned in here as to how active he used to be. Now a lot has changed for him from when he first started. I remember a story that I hope he wont mind me telling. It sounded like he had very strict parents. It was after one of my trips to Paris, I dediced to send him a poster I had picked up in Paris. I would have loved to have hung it up myself, but people tend to look at you funny when someone my age hangs up a poster of a teenage girl. Well I guess his parents saw the package first and he had to answer to who this stranger was who was sending him a package and who was this French singer? Well he told them and to his surprise, his father was okay with it and he didn't have to keep his fandomism of Alizée such a secret anymore.

One benefit of what I think was him having strict parents was he had a great set of values. He did such a great job of policing this forum, except he should of gotten rid of me long ago.

Anyways he has since moved on to college and he was working a part time job and I'll bet his social life is a lot busier now, so I doubt if he has the time he used to have and I think that burnout factor or that wall factor "may" have set in, in some way too, though I'm sure he's still a big fan.

There was a lot of truth in what Lefty said too. Especially about her being more forethcoming. There's not as much to speculate about.

It was also mentioned that her tats might turn off some people. I think that's a definite possibility. I don't know how many times I've said in here I used to watch her early videos and find myself mumbling "Unbelievably beautiful" so many times and it was; the music, the lyrics, her voice,her, her dancing, the En Concert setting. Now I like ACDLA, but since I've first seen the official video, I've never watched that video again. I don't want to have to look at that arm when I'm watching her perform and I think what used to be a great draw for new fans and that was her princess like beauty is now gone and very might well be a turn off for prospective fans.

Still those tats haven't been enough to cause me to walk away, in fact a few of us in here are making very initial plans to go to Les Enfoires next year.

Another thing is there are people who like Psych, people who like UEDS, who like 5, but I still think the main draw for prospective fans is MCE and Gour and most of that is 10 years old now, so I think new fans who are attracted by these videos, might feel a little disappointed that this happened several years ago.

I ran into that years ago when I was trying to get different radio stations to play her music. I thiink they would have been much more willing if it had been something current. So the timing factor could be why we're not drawing in as many new fans.

But I'd have to say the biggest factor in us not drawing in more fans than we are is correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there was one line of Engish in 5 where as UEDS had quite a bit. We've all run across people who like the sound of her French music, but can't really come to want to listen to it on a regular basis, if they don't know what she's saying. That's perfectly understandable for them not to have a song in English. I think the primary focus of this album was to win her French fan base back.

Going back to meaningful topics, I'm in here every day. About the only time I'm not in here is when I'm on vacation and don't have access to the internet, but I seldom post unless it's something new and not a whole lot new has come along. There might be new promotional efforts by Sony from time to time, but there's been many of them and I think we're all chomping at the bit for that next step which would be news of a concert whether it be in France or Mexico. That is what many people are waiting for. That is what we all want to talk about.

Again as far as myself, I went through a real busy period and I still have a long ways to get caught up, but I've been doing stuff of a promotional nature lately that has been more time consuming than I thought it would be but I'm making slow progress and hope to post something soon and may even ask for help.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-21-2013 at 06:04 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 06:12 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

I haven't posted for quite a while, since 5 was released. The reason was that I wasn't too impressed with it at first and I didn't want to spoil the party by making negative comments. However, I like it a lot now and play it pretty much every day. I still come in here to read what others are saying and I still enjoy it but I just don't get the urge to post anything.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Mat/Marka that was a very encouraging and inspiring post!

Just the other day I was listening to an MJ song about falling in love with a circus girl on a carousel, and at first I thought about reworking the lyrics a bit to reflect the typical discovery of her, on youtube. But after a bit I thought it would be better to attempt to write an original song Other such ideas have come to mind but I've never tried them at all. I will give them a chance, and if I get anywhere I'll be sure to share them here

In fact, I propose we all try to put something together for her birthday, and if you have the time Lefty, try another birthday song. Questions, comments, concerns or suggestions for the good of the order?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
Why is it so slow around here?
This is the first time in a long time that I have had the opportunity to spend some time here, and there is hardly any activity.

What am I missing, please?
Thank you. Stephen
When I become inactive, the forum becomes inactive

The only reason you don't see people discussing is because people aren't searching for new Alizée interviews and TV spots and linking them like Karin is so good about doing (thanks Karin . There has been a lot going on in Alizée's world but no one is linking here.

I'll be getting active again so I'll try and revive things a bit.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Now Aaronius31 was mentioned in here as to how active he used to be. Now a lot has changed for him from when he first started. I remember a story that I hope he wont mind me telling. It sounded like he had very strict parents. It was after one of my trips to Paris, I dediced to send him a poster I had picked up in Paris. I would have loved to have hung it up myself, but people tend to look at you funny when someone my age hangs up a poster of a teenage girl. Well I guess his parents saw the package first and he had to answer to who this stranger was who was sending him a package and who was this French singer? Well he told them and to his surprise, his father was okay with it and he didn't have to keep his fandomism of Alizée such a secret anymore.

One benefit of what I think was him having strict parents was he had a great set of values. He did such a great job of policing this forum, except he should of gotten rid of me long ago.

Anyways he has since moved on to college and he was working a part time job and I'll bet his social life is a lot busier now, so I doubt if he has the time he used to have and I think that burnout factor or that wall factor "may" have set in, in some way too, though I'm sure he's still a big fan.
Hahaha This made me smile Scruffy, thankyou. You remembered it quite well. And I appreciate the compliment, means a lot!

You got the story pretty right except it wasn't much. My parents aren't uber strict but my mom did wonder why some guy sent me something of a french singer haha. I'm usually good about getting my mail out of the mailbox before my parents get to it, but you were very nice and sent it via Express which is quite expensive. I've still got everything in mint condition and visit everything very often.

And no, we'd never get rid of you. You're a major section of the backbone to this forum and always bring in an awesome point of view and keep things electric.

And sadly there's not been much for me to police since all the trolls left

Last edited by User22; 06-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Good to see you back Aaronius ! : D

Well during your absence Karin and I have been trying to keep the board updated with everything but that's true that it's a lot of work and it's sometimes depressing to see so few people left , especially on Alizée Forum (that i'm almost forcing myself to visit on a daily basis :$ )

Anyway , I'm sure that with the new tv shows coming up in the upcoming weeks, the JVB music video and the next trip to mexico we'll get some more news to talk about !

but right now since there's no activity we're free to take a break and ... go clubbing just like i'm about to do

See you guys tomorrow and enjoy the holidays!

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Well, I peek at the forum several times a day, everyday. Some topics just don't interest me, and as I said before sometimes whatever I might want to add has already been said.

Like many other new fans, I've jumped to conclusions about aspects of the Alizée world. I've been surprised and disappointed at times when I learned that I was wrong about something. Everything that isn't current has already been thoroughly discussed in past threads. I suppose that sometimes I don't want to bring up observations I've made that I think were new ideas only to have someone helpful direct me to the old thread that already settled that topic. End of discussion, Ray.

Since this thread started I've been thinking that maybe the forum could have an area where newer fans and members could bring up and discuss the things that they 'discover' and 'realize' and go at it for a bit before someone who has been around longer chimes in. It could even be entertaining for spectators to watch, to see where it goes and how the facts come out. Reliving the old days...

Something else that keeps me from joining in sometimes is that I still find it almost impossible to be critical of Alizée. Not that I'm trying to change that, it's just how it is. Some threads are doing serious discussion and so it seems a little silly for me to join in with 'She knows what she is doing and what she wants so I just let her do her thing.' I try to sit those out.

I know in my life that many interests and hobbies have come and gone, and I don't want this one to end but I fully expect that one day it will. It probably will for most of us. I don't want it to end yet so I'm planning to stick around for a long time.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

The reason I don't post much here is mainly because most times I just read other members posts and all your thoughts on things. Well aswell as keeping up with the adventure Alizée has given us ( in my heart she means more to me than I could ever express) I still find it interesting to read other members posts and for the best part I usually just sit back in awe of what you all have to say.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 06-27-2013, 01:32 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Well, I peek at the forum several times a day, everyday. Some topics just don't interest me, and as I said before sometimes whatever I might want to add has already been said.
Like Ray4AJ, I too peek around the forum several times per week. I'm one of the new members, so not much more I can add that hasn't been said already. I enjoy reading many of the past posts but frankly, some just do not interest me that much. I am mostly interested in her music, with UEDS still being the most impressive album, although 5 is catching up.Being a grad student of Industrial/ Organizational Psychology and Leadership, I am also interested in the effect that someone like Alizée has on people, including me! In my case, I admire her for her intense independence and willingness to go against convention, and yes that even includes the tats
Old 06-27-2013, 01:17 PM

Nino is on a distinguished road

As with many others here, I hardly post anything but I visit the forum regularly and keep myself updated. This is where I get to know about all the events and shows, listen to people's opinions and meet Alizée fans, who are hard to come by in person. I've met a lot of nice people here and some really wonderful people who have influenced me personally in the last few months that I've been here. I keep telling myself that I should post more, but I rarely find enough time and I'm also not very good at expressing my thoughts in words. It's a skill I should be learning soon

Old 07-05-2013, 05:23 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Everything is cyclic. Even this topic. I remember reading a similar discussion and I am sure it will appear at some point in the future.
In my case I just moved to London and I did not have as much to time to check the forum as I wished.

Also, it is difficult to find new topics of discussion when a forum or a musical career is ten or more years old. Sparks are needed for members to show up. The "sparks" being a new album, a new "hobby" like tattoos or rumors of a new boyfriend.

It is also good to read this forum anyway, I like the different personalities that each member in here shows and every point of view, from the most radical fans to the more critical ones.