Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-28-2014, 01:44 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

It's showing fine in the UK.
I like it. A lot.
She looks fantastic and it's a fun song and video.
Onwards and upwards :-)
Old 04-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
lapinschous, she looks so happy in the Blonde clip over the Mademoiselle Juliette, Fifty Sixty, and À cause de l'automne videos of the past.

This isn't about being creative it is all about improving her image as a musical artist and cd sales.
Of course, I haven't said I'd turn my back on so many years of fandom just for one music video and I won't ... but I'm just disappointed that she comes up with something even worse than Psyche or 5 . I kinda liked the 5 album and I was hoping that she would be back on track and would improve in quality . But this genuinely felt like a cold shower to me .

If you could understand french you'd say the lyrics are Rihanna-level or below...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 04-28-2014, 03:19 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
If you could understand french you'd say the lyrics are Rihanna-level or below...
because deep and meaningful lyrics worked so well in the past

She needs a fun and catchy song that's working for radio stations. For a wider audience. Maybe the rest of the album will have stuff with more meaning than this one but what matters now is that you have something people can dance too. Something catchy. A lot of danceable songs haven't got great lyrics and are still successful.

Edit:

oh and about the video. I like it a lot, it's much better than the ACDLA video (the 2nd video, not the 1st... I always liked the 1st video much more) and even if I'm not overly fond of her outfit (not that blue-white combo but the outfit she's wearing when she's dancing) the video is pretty cool, fun to watch... it just fits perfectly to the song.

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 04-28-2014 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-28-2014, 03:21 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
because deep and meaningful lyrics worked so well in the past .
agree
Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's not a bad video and it's not a great video. As Lapinschous touched on, it can't compare to the early days. Maybe too many of us were spoiled by MF/LB. I think it could have helped out the songs ratings if it had been released at the same time, but could it have helped out enough to make a difference? Though I tend to think not, I'm not sure. We'll just have to watch the charts to see what happens now. I'll have more to say about past and present and how it relates to this video and another post that was made a couple of weeks ago if I can ever find the time.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I think what people are failing to realize is that she finally gave France a mainstream song to catch on to, and that is what is needed for her to gain back some popularity.

Remember the purpose of the singles is to be as mainstream as possible so people buy the album if they like what they hear. Then the other 10 songs on the album are for deeper fans.

Don't worry all who don't like Blonde, you have another 10 songs to see if you like.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's not a bad video and it's not a great video. As Lapinschous touched on, it can't compare to the early days. Maybe too many of us were spoiled by MF/LB. I think it could have helped out the songs ratings if it had been released at the same time, but could it have helped out enough to make a difference? Though I tend to think not, I'm not sure. We'll just have to watch the charts to see what happens now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
because deep and meaningful lyrics worked so well in the past
I'm starting to believe it doesn't really matter what Alizée puts out there.. I mean maybe it all just comes down to chance at the end of the day. Well
I went back to this interview she did back in the day and the bracelet she had on her wrist there made me smile.

Check out the 1:27 minute mark.

http://youtu.be/-eO8G3fQV1k?t=1m27s

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-28-2014, 07:39 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I found a FREE work around the limited geographical location restriction on Youtube and Vevo videos. Got to love the internet.

Information if you're interested is posted over in Off Topic
Old 04-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

First post has been updated with DL links!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:48 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post

Remember the purpose of the singles is to be as mainstream as possible so people buy the album if they like what they hear. Then the other 10 songs on the album are for deeper fans.

Don't worry all who don't like Blonde, you have another 10 songs to see if you like.
All of which would be fine IF there was an album to buy - but there isn't and the video is already 2 weeks late.

I really had hoped that someone somwhere would have learned from the marketing disaster that surrounded '5' but it seems they haven't. Oh well, business as usual.

Tags
alizee, blonde, france, music, video