Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-12-2014, 04:51 PM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

He had to be hired by Sony, whatever
Old 09-13-2014, 12:12 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

This is such a depressing and speculation-filled thread.

Come next year, we'll all still be here and she'll be making the rounds on TV to hype up her tour which will end up doing well.

Now if we could all just sit back and take a chill pi...oh wait, people bought tickets and got screwed over...

In all seriousness though, she's the one making the decisions and can't make everyone happy all the time. I'm sure this was a devastating decision for her to make.

cues Blonde album
Old 09-13-2014, 03:49 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by User22 View Post
This is such a depressing and speculation-filled thread
Thread filled only with real feelings...
Old 09-13-2014, 09:49 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by User22 View Post

Come next year, we'll all still be here
I hope you are right but I wouldn't count on it.

Winning DALS was the best chance she had of really reviving her career as a singer but she and the people around her have blown it. I'm aware that a lot of the decisions about song choice and promotion strategies are not down to her but the actual performances are and I maintain that these were very lacklustre. The cancelled Blonde tour is almost certainly down to this Cheyenne Productions outfit since they are the same crowd responsible for the DALS tour.

I have no idea who came up with the whole blonde gimmick but that was a pretty dumb move in my opinion, both in terms of concept and timing. There was just no need for it. She had just won DALS as the brunette Alizee everybody knew and some of us loved, had won over a whole new bunch of fans and then instantly goes for a massive image change? Why?

I don't actually think she knows what she wants anymore and is just allowing herself to be pushed around by the promoters and TV companies, not all of whom seem to be very well organised.

Looking around the net it is obvious that she is losing fans by the bucket load and it's all very sad in my opinion. I'm not sure how she pulls back from this.

Last edited by Panther; 09-13-2014 at 09:51 AM..
Old 09-13-2014, 11:23 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post

I don't actually think she knows what she wants anymore
Your thinking what I've been thinking for a while. Alizée is trying to be someone she isn't and failing miserably at it. The very first dance on DALS, that was who she was. You look at her today ten months later and she has changed a lot.

Good or Bad I don't know but she isn't the same person she was last year at this time.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:16 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Your thinking what I've been thinking for a while. Alizée is trying to be someone she isn't and failing miserably at it. The very first dance on DALS, that was who she was. You look at her today ten months later and she has changed a lot.

Good or Bad I don't know but she isn't the same person she was last year at this time.

She has changed. She has a lot more confidence than she has a year ago. And, much more important, she has come out of her shell. Her participation in DALS, then the initiation of her relationship, then winning DALS, then going on and winning the Tour, have made her stop doubting herself the way she was doing a year ago. She has left the past behind.

Unfortunately, none of that can save her from a non-stellar album, or making poor choices.

It's Pascal's fault she went blonde. If he had not written that song, and if she had not then decided to go for it (remember that she did say that she had wanted to try being a blonde), then the album would have possibly been very different (who knows what other choices she would have made differently).

They all gambled that the album would be a good one. It isn't (at least not in the eyes of the purchasing public in France). They counted on her fame, plus the good album to fill seats. They didn't.

I have already speculated as to why they cancelled all the concerts instead of just some so I won't repeat it. Some fans got hurt by the decision (for that I am very sorry), but I still think that it was the right one.

She wants to be in show business for the long haul. Her voice alone won't get and keep her there, but the combination of all her talents plus her personality can.

Last edited by Rev; 09-14-2014 at 03:27 AM..
Old 09-14-2014, 05:11 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I have already speculated as to why they cancelled all the concerts instead of just some so I won't repeat it. Some fans got hurt by the decision (for that I am very sorry), but I still think that it was the right one.
Decission which hurt her fans, but most her music career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She wants to be in show business for the long haul. Her voice alone won't get and keep her there, but the combination of all her talents plus her personality can.
Maybe... but except really less % of her fans, no one is interested to see her as not singer.

Last edited by Lucas; 09-14-2014 at 05:15 AM..
Old 09-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

^^

Ouch the press are like vultures,

now lets get sensible.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-15-2014, 04:47 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

I just hope she ends her singing career and goes on to other things, because it really looks pathetic and desperate. Maybe acting, dancing or business ?

Tags
alizee, blonde, olympia, tour