Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-11-2017, 06:23 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Hello AlphaDevil! It's so nice to see a familiar face from AF!

I fear what really killed AF (personally I never felt any bad vibes there) was the fact that we suddenly weren't allowed to post download links anymore because Ricci used Google ads to pay for the server or sth. If you don't even know what you're allowed to post it doesn't help at all.

Also people just went away simply because they lost interest and in times of fb and Twitter a forum doesn't have the same appeal as in previous years. The German forum started dying even sooner and I have to admit I also stopped posting there because there were simply no responses and I could have more interesting conversations with my kitchen wall.

I do miss AF a lot. I always enjoyed the conversations there.

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 01-11-2017 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: your = you're. Simple = simply. I shouldn't write posts when I'm on my phone during lunch break.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:30 AM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

Haha, people... Alizée Forum is a great place if you would go back to 2002-2005 era... ALS in his 23 december post hits the nail on the head.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:43 AM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Hi Scruffy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

I think all members get tired of the bickering, not just the ones that post, but the ones who just observe. It seemed like little was done about it until the damage was done. Going to AF just became a bad experience. People want to hear news, thoughts, opinions on Alizee and in many cases wanted to argue, but there is a way to argue. You don't have to be insultive to make a point. If you are, you probably don't have a good point to begin with.
There were issues and bickering and trouble especially in the English section and it became a regular almost weekly even daily incidents of bickering that rightly does create a sour taste in members. Maybe all sides have got to accept that errors were made but as a mod you try and do what you believe is right and what is best for the forum. However it may have been a contributing factor I dont think this is why the forum is as it is now

Quote:
What I thought AF should do is they should add a couple of mods. These should be people who are in there every day posting. People who have good reputaions. People who wont go off the deep end and people who will be given the power to warn or to issue temporary or permanent bans. One thing we did in this forum is when warning or ban is issued, it comes from the forum, not the individual.
In practice this is a good idea. However lets be clear there is practically no one on the forum these days. Even in the mod forum it is dead and in the chatterbox after the announcements of the closure by RQ there has only been three replies and one of them was from you and thats been a month now...

AF has been home for me since May 2006 and the fitness of it has been critical for several years now and with no one donating towards the upkeep of the forum (which several members did include me at one stage) and with Ricc only keeping the forum alive out of the kindness of his heart this day was always going to arrive.

But yes there isnt anyone visiting the forums irregularly yet alone alone regularly enough these days from what I can see to be able to promote anyone into mod status

Quote:

Of course if Alizee were to announce a new album, that would cure everything and it might be the only way AF can be saved, but I don't see anything on the horizon as far as that.
Yes that would be the only chance the forum has but then again as you say that is unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
Hello AlphaDevil! It's so nice to see a familiar face from AF!

I fear what really killed AF (personally I never felt any bad vibes there) was the fact that we suddenly weren't allowed to post download links anymore because Ricci used Google ads to pay for the server or sth. If you don't even know what your allowed to post it doesn't help at all.

Also people just went away simple because they lost interest and in times of fb and Twitter a forum doesn't have the same appeal as in previous years. The German forum started dying even sooner and I have to admit I also stopped posting there because there were simply no responses and I could have more interesting conversations with my kitchen wall.

I do miss AF a lot. I always enjoyed the conversations there.
Hi Jenny long time no see!

I think these are very good comments. Especially the one about Facebook and Twitter. back in the day when I was a newbie (I feel old now!) Fan sites were the primary source of information but now you can easily keep up with any information through social media platforms and its not as if there is the need to discuss any new information these days!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:05 AM

Alizée releasing a new album wouldn't fix anything if the same type of people keep coming to the forum. Alizée Forum was a great place to find other people who share the same interests, it was a great place to find companionship and friends. But that won't ever return even if Alizée would release a new album.

The ban-wave that has gone out from this so called "member" that no one wants to talk about, but everyone knows who it is, won't be undone and people like Plaz and me will always pull on the short end. The damage done to members and the damage caused by members won't be undone. People like Greenie and Mobulus who left in 2005 because of this person won't come back. Don't even know where they are, but I think about them once in a while. Yes there was trolling in times that Alizée didn't release anything or didn't show us anything. And not everyone is on Facebook or Twitter, I dispise the population of today. There won't ever be such a great relationship between Alizée and her fans thanks to members that decided to claim her and stalk her. The worshipping of members who are pure cancer to the Alizée community won't suddenly stop and those who are against the system will always be kicked down by new members until it's to late. The end result is a beautiful forum run by Riccardo, a friend I made, that has gone to shit. And it will repeat itself.

The excitement when Alizée released a note and the friends of Alizée that visited the forums once in a while, won't come back thanks to Facebook and Twitter. The magic that we prolonged and wanted to keep won't magicly return when Alizée releases a new album. Forums are obselete thanks to social media. It's a shame. Just as Jenny, which I contacted through twitter a few years ago, I miss Alizée Forum. But I do not miss certain members. A new start of Alizée Forum should result in unbanning everyone and try to run a well organised forum.

Last edited by Paybays; 01-11-2017 at 10:15 AM..
Old 01-11-2017, 01:12 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paybays View Post
Haha, people... Alizée Forum is a great place if you would go back to 2002-2005 era...
I learned so much about Alizée back in late 2004 early 2005 lurking on that forum.

What was a real eye opener was when I went back into the 2003 posts around the time she married Jeremy, the reaction it had on the members was a real eye opener.

The fans of Jeremy were tearing Alizée apart and Alizée's fans were tearing Jeremy apart. The worst was was when it was reveled that Alizée was pregnant with Annilly. You would have thought the world was coming to an end.

To some of the guys on that board it was like someone had stabbed them in the heart. I guess they were all hoping that Alizée would come to her senses and divorce Jeremy. Those hopes were dashed when it came out that Alizée was pregnant in 2004.

That was when the major exodus from that board began.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:22 AM

Well we were all in love and unexperienced back then. We tore Jeremy apart because we had no other way to vent our frustration. That was the forum back then and it wont really be like that right now.

A new and fresh singer is a great source of energy until that runs out. Most of the fight and outcome back then was specified by certain members. Shit began to hit the fan around 2005 following years of absence. I began trolling and mocking RMJ and Orion for their obsessive behavior towards Alizee and eachother. If others dont dare to name them then I will

Last edited by Paybays; 01-12-2017 at 02:25 AM..
Old 01-13-2017, 12:59 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Old 01-13-2017, 05:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well it sounds like from what regular AF members say that there's not much that can be done for that forum except for something to happen on Alizée's part. So I wont do anything more to try and save that forum and so I'm sure it will probably shut down at the end of next month. Que sera, sera.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:16 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I actually got along very well with Orion.

Ronny on the other hand, as they say if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Well it sounds like from what regular AF members say that there's not much that can be done for that forum except for something to happen on Alizée's part. So I wont do anything more to try and save that forum and so I'm sure it will probably shut down at the end of next month. Que sera, sera.
your resillience is admirable... yet, you shouldn't even wait 2 months at all. Riccardo has his reason for shutting down and it's not even the first time he wanted to do this, probably his 12th or 13th time. Forums are not that fun and exciting anymore. I've been browsing the AF for over a year now and all I see is non-Alizée related topics. The archives have so much fun Alizée-threads and bashing in them, THAT should be on the frontpage instead of hoseracing and soccer.