Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 05-24-2017, 08:29 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default SUPER ; Alizée 'Je ne suis pas une allum

Image3.jpg

Super (1 ):
Interview:
Since this summer, we've heard no one but her on all the waves. And yet, difficult to be more discreet than Alizée. No photos, few interviews: just like her "godmother" Mylène Farmer, the lolita of the top of the charts has the art of making herself desired. Normal then to leave her the last word, right?

The last gift that you gave to someone?
A: In New York, I bought for my boyfriend a pair of shoes that can't be found in France. I like to have unique things, that no one else has. And since he's the same, I brought back these shoes for him.

And the last thing that someone gave you?
A: It was for my birthday, last August 21st. I had clothes, jewelry, and money for my trip to New York.

Your last meeting with a fan?
A: The other day, I sang live on one of Jean-Pierre Foucault's shows. When I left, there was a fan who was running after the car. I liked that and I gave her a big hello. Also, she was my age.

Your latest dream?
A: I dreamt that I was giving a concert at the Stade de France, like Johnny Hallyday. It's a dream that I hope of realizing.

Your latest phone call?
A: I called my boyfriend a little while ago. I spend a lot of time on the phone. I have a free night and weekends plan, so I take advantage of it. I love it. Even if it's only been five minutes since I've last seen someone, I can chat for a long time.

The latest piece of advice someone gave you?
A: To stay natural. On a TV show, someone told me, "Before going onstage, be yourself and everything will go well!"

Your last fit of anger?
A: I was very annoyed, because I learned that one of my friends had said certain things concerning my TV appearance and that bothered me. Certain people's jealousy really bothers me. But I really didn't get very angry, because I haven't seen these people again. We'll see what happens when I do see them!

The last time you cried?
A: When I knew that I was chosen to be the singer of "Moi Lolita". It was in April and it was a shock. I cried from joy.

Your latest lie?
A: Actually, I don't know how to lie. If I try, I never manage it, it's obvious right away. If a journalist asks me indiscreet questions, I prefer to refuse to answer rather than lie.

The last time you experienced jealousy?
A: I'm jealous all the time. I mean, I'm not jealous of other singers for example. But concerning my boyfriend, I'm very jealous. I'm naturally very possessive. I have to have my fits of jealousy at least twice a week. It's a very Corsican temperament.

The last star that you met?
A: I met Patrick Bruel on a TV show. I had seen him on "Graines de star" and I love him. He's someone simple, he sings very well. He is really very kind and he encouraged me for my career.

The last guy you thought was cute?
A: A little while ago at the hairdresser. I thought the guy who did my hair was quite cute.

The last record you bought?
A: It was "Roméo and Juliette". I love musicals, I love the story. They're regularly spun on my turntable. I've already met Damien and Cécilia several times. There are several of us like that who have begun at about the same age. We get along well.

The last movie you saw?
A: "Shakespeare in Love" with Gwyneth Paltrow. I no longer have much time to go to the movies, so I buy DVDs, I make my own cinema at home. This movie, I saw five or six times. When I like a particular movie, I can watch it every day for a week. "Titanic", I went to see it seven times at the theater!

The last thing you did last night before falling asleep?
A: I read a book called "The shock of love". It talks about everything concerning the state of love. I like it a lot. I like to read, I also read the book "Lolita" by Nabokov.

The last time that you felt happy?
A: I'm always happy, at the moment. I'm very happy with what's happened to me. So the last time I felt happy, it's right now, it was five minutes ago, all the time, you know!

Translated by Backinblack
Super 2 (2000)
Alizée: "I'm not a tease..."

The fairy tale continues for the lolita of the top of the charts. Here she is returning with a new single "L'alizé", which, she says, resembles her 100%. Super has gathered the latest confidances of Mylène Farmer's young protégé. Only for you.

"I didn't want to shock anyone..."
With a million copies sold, "Moi... Lolita" is truly the hit of the year. But the music video, directed by Laurent Boutonnat, has caused a stir. Certain people were offended by the scene where Alizée takes 200 francs from a boy. "Lolita is a character that I play," Alizée says in defense. "Certain people tell me I'm playing a tease. Actually, no, I'm in my own world, I don't care about boys and I send them packing."

"Mylène drew inspiration from my life..."
If the character from "Moi... Lolita" didn't have much to do with her, Alizée now seeks to sing songs that resemble her: "I work on the lyrics of my songs with Mylène. I suggest themes to her, stories that I've lived and she's the one who writes them up. I'm lucky that we're very close to each other.

"I've found the ideal boy..."
"Arrêtez de dire l'adolescence c'est / Qu'on n'sait pas car moi / J'ai trouvé mon amour..."? "L'alizé", her new hit, is it inspired by the young star's private life? "I do indeed have a boyfriend, even though I'm too young to go on vacation with him," she admits. "For me, he's the ideal friend. Generous, attentive, faithful. Faithful above all, because I'm very jealous."

"My secret trip to New York..."
According to certain sources, Mylène and Alizée spent several days in New York to adjust the choreography of "Moi... Lolita" (close to the way Mylène dances). For these secret rehearsals, Mylène and Alizée flew in separate planes in order to not draw the attention of photographers. Her relationship with the star? "Contrary to what you'd imagine, Mylène is neither sad nor strange. She is normal and natural."

"My duo with Mylène..."
There's a lot of talk of a duo between the star and the lolita on Alizée's album. Alas, probably false rumors! Alizée knows perfectly that a big part of the attention that the media brings is due to the fact that Mylène took her under her wing and she must now affirm her true personality. Her dream? "I would love to record a duo with artists like Madonna or Patricia Kaas." Of course, she also dreams of a career as prestigious as Mylène's.

"Fame frightens me..."
"At the moment, I don't really realize what is happening to me," Alizée relates concerning her sudden fame. "But for the moment, everything is going well. I'm very well protected, especially by my family. Mylène and Laurent protect me a lot as well. But it's true that deep down, I'm a little afraid."

"I'm not the French Britney..."
Alizée doesn't really like the fact that the media has nicknamed her "the French Britney Spears". "I like Britney Spears, but I don't want to imitate her. I feel closer to Mylène than to her. I have my own personality and I don't want to look like a Barbie doll."

"I want to remain natural..."
If Mylène has built her reputation on sultry music videos, Alizée doesn't wish to follow this scandalous path: "I want to give a natural image of myself", she affirms. And to stay a teenager (almost) like the others, even though it's impossible now to continue her studies: "It has become impossible because of the recording of the album. It's by correspondence now, I take classes in seconde scientifique." Very aware, Alizée knows that her success can be short-lived: "It would have been a good experience, in any case. I'm 16 and I have time to do lots of things."

[Tout comme Mylène...]: Like Mylène Farmer, who was a student at the cours Florent, Alizée took classes in dramatic art, even though her first passion was dancing.
Like Mylène, Alizée was selected during an audition to become the "Lolita" that she is known as.
Like Mylène, Alizée doesn't like interviews very much: "I don't like talking about myself," she confesses.
Like Mylène, mystery is the norm around Alizée. Interviews given sparingly, no photo sessions, no doubt: a true star has been born!

Translated by Backinblack
Old 05-24-2017, 08:49 AM

deligna is on a distinguished road

I've heard she's jealous by other members, but now i know for sure!
Here's a higher quality picture:
super02.jpg

Last edited by deligna; 05-24-2017 at 06:00 PM..
Old 05-25-2017, 06:23 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting all these mag interviews Scruffydog!

I'm sure I've read many of these golden oldies before but it's always nice to look over them again and reminisce about the good old days, but yeah b4 you get on my case, I know you're posting them for newbies.. just saying.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 05-26-2017, 01:23 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

You and everyone else that have commented before are welcome. It is interesting to read through these interviews, even though we may have heard it all before.