Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

It all started on the night of October 15th of 2009. My brother was searching God-knows-what in the internet, and he found this video:

When I arrived and saw him watching, I was like "whoa! I never though french could be so nice!"
The rest of the night I kept listening to JEAM without getting tired of it, it was like an addiction. As the time passed, I learned of other awesome songs of her, and here I am!

But at the first time I saw her, I could tell for sure that things were about to change dramatically in my life!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZshocksZ View Post
I found out about alizee because I was into la phaze which is a band in France. so one day I decided to look up more French music so I went on youtube and alizee looked like the best choice and it was the live version of JEM and I was hooked ever since. now her music is all I listen to. it's alot better than the music in America.
Interesting! I don't think anybody here discovered her through other French music. Welcome to the forum btw
Old 05-01-2010, 12:53 PM

ACRUZ is on a distinguished road

A good friend of mine was playing her music which was Limelight one night. At first, I did not like the song, but it stuck in my head and I started humming the song.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:35 PM

johnsons34 is on a distinguished road

great stories, but I didn't get a chance to look through all of them..

A few years ago, I discovered Alizee through my sister! I was sitting on her computer and looking through her favorites (in other words, snooping around) and saw La Isla Bonita bookmarked! I watched the video and I loved Alizee's interpretation of the song, I also loved the way she danced and the way she dressed. Immediately, I downloaded Moi Lolita Live performances and many others! I started memorizing her songs and dancing to her music.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron14 View Post
Mine, it seems, is a unique story.
One day in November 2009, I signed on to my account on Steam (an online gaming community) to play Empire: Total War (one of my favorite games - I recommend checking it out). I received a notification that I was invited to join a Steam group. So I went to the group's page to check it out. While scrolling through the members list, I saw one person had an avatar of a very hot girl. Guess who it was! The picture, as I now know, was the one on the cover of Fifty Sixty. Luckily the person had the name of the girl posted in a comment on his profile. Then came the life-altering moments: went to youtube, typed in "Alizee", first clicked on the L'alizé video. Somehow, I just didn't find the time to do my homework that day.
I now have Alizée as my avatar almost everywhere so people can experience the same thing if they happen to see it.
That is awesome. Also, you pretty much just discovered her and have already met her! That is incredible.

Last edited by johnsons34; 05-01-2010 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-03-2010, 06:48 PM

swede' is on a distinguished road

First time I heard Alizée was in the early 00's (2002, 2003?), when they played Moi... Lolita on Swedish radio. I fell in love with the song and the language despite my young age. But due to the lack of my computer and French skills, I was unable to look up the name of the song name or the lyrics of it, so I didn't even try. A year or two went by and I heard the song again on the radio, (I always seemed to miss it when the radio speaker tells you the name of the song) and this time I decided to try and find the song.

So I asked on a swedish forum for a french song sung on the radio, and got many suggestions it could be Kate Ryan. I checked it up, but NAH not her! Some days later someone said that maybe I thought of Alizée - Moi... Lolita. So I checked it up on a random p2p network, (youtube didn't exist, 2005~) and yes, BAM! I was hooked. Since then I've been listening and following Alizée on the web from time to time. Never ever have I been so fond of a celebrity..

Well that's how I got hooked....
Old 05-03-2010, 08:27 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede' View Post
First time I heard Alizée was in the early 00's (2002, 2003?), when they played Moi... Lolita on Swedish radio. I fell in love with the song and the language despite my young age. But due to the lack of my computer and French skills, I was unable to look up the name of the song name or the lyrics of it, so I didn't even try. A year or two went by and I heard the song again on the radio, (I always seemed to miss it when the radio speaker tells you the name of the song) and this time I decided to try and find the song.

So I asked on a swedish forum for a french song sung on the radio, and got many suggestions it could be Kate Ryan. I checked it up, but NAH not her! Some days later someone said that maybe I thought of Alizée - Moi... Lolita. So I checked it up on a random p2p network, (youtube didn't exist, 2005~) and yes, BAM! I was hooked. Since then I've been listening and following Alizée on the web from time to time. Never ever have I been so fond of a celebrity..

Good story Swede. That had to be terribly frustrating having heard the song, then not being able to find out who it was.

You say you've never been so fond of a celebrity.........Well let me tell you something from someone who has been around a lot longer and seen so many singers over the years. Nothing has come any wheres near as close to what affect this beautiful young French woman has had on my life, and I'm probably someone who listens to more music than the average person. I work for an airline and travel fairly often. Most of my co-workers when they travel like to watch movies. I like to watch music videos. So I'm always looking for new songs, new singers. Well I stopped searching about 3 years ago, when I discovered Alizée. There is no equal.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 PM

mksmith is on a distinguished road

How did I discover Alizée?? Just browsing on youtube. Saw a concert performance of hers performing Moi...Lolita around last September. Wasn't really a huge fan, but still wanted to find more information and music. Only just recently found out about this forum. That's my journey in a nutshell.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:36 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

+1 to scruffy. I have found the artist for me. After having heard pretty much everything America had, I gave up on music. I liked three days grace, but not enough to join a forum. Or even search for one. They were the best I had heard from America, and they weren't even that great. But I used to like Rihanna, too. Not anymore, she is far to similar to beyoncé. But this past christmas, my sister-in-law gave my brother World of Warcraft. I was intrigued by the dancing. So I wanted to see all the dance styles, without starting new characters. So december 27, 2009 ad, my life changed. I remember, the last song I heard was 'Twist'. Then: the most beautiful sound I had heard. A black screen; three words: j'ai. Pas. Problemes. And next, a woman who was everything I could have asked for: short, dark hair, could sing, French, perfect personality, unmatchable eyes, cute nose, oh! I met johsons34 a few weeks later via youtube, and she led me here!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:38 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede' View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksmith View Post
How did I discover Alizée?? Just browsing on youtube. Saw a concert performance of hers performing Moi...Lolita around last September. Wasn't really a huge fan, but still wanted to find more information and music. Only just recently found out about this forum. That's my journey in a nutshell.
Welcome swede' and mksmith.

You will find a lot of people with similar stories here.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

I discovered Alizee on my PC browsing Madonna vids on Youtube and stumbled across a rare cover of La Isla Bonita by someone named Alizee. What a metaphysical experience that was! Totally blown away! Ive been searching for all things Alizee since then.