Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-24-2009, 12:07 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaca View Post
i think she needs to try and keep her old fans by staying true to her older songs (sound wise). i know im not too into the new rendition of JEAM. she doenst have to dress suggestively or dance sexy cause at the end of the day the sound is what matters. yea she should evolve her image to suit her, but also play homage to the songs that gave her the foundations of her career
Bad news. Her old fans are gone - FOREVER (except for a few die-hards like us).

Her future lies with her new fans, who may also find her old music to their liking. (Note: Some of her new fans may also have been old ones who rediscover her and decide she is cool again.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
True that, and not play them like they're now "funny" songs and they don't matter, it almost felt like she was disgusted in them.

Okay it's the past, she was young, Mylène and Laurent aren't here anymore, the songs still have their double meanings, but there is no need to be ashamed of the past, I mean it's what made her what she is.
Besides if what bugs her the most are the suggestive moves and clothes, then it's easily fixable, it doesn't mean you have to automatically remix all the old songs to make them sound more "mature".

I have a hard time watching the old songs she transformed for the live in Mexico, there are other ways to kill an old image, in this case the "Lolita", by evolving and doing new kind of stuff like she did, but accepting that it's a part of her life and not "spitting" on them, so to speak.

What a ramble Jesus I'm sorry.
Not at all. I agree with you completely.

What she did to the old songs is for the most part a mistake - a mistake she needs to acknowledge (to herself) and change.

By the way, why are you apologising to Jesus - I don't think he would disagree with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
That's why I think her past image won't help her in future albums. She has changed a lot in these years. Her past image should be part of a beautiful memory and kept aside when the new stuff comes. Never [confuse?] what she is with what she was.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
i dont know how many fans she has lost, but like you said, she'll be opened to a whole new world of fans with this next album...
See above.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Bienvenue à Lilly Town Valley.

Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Not at all. I agree with you completely.

What she did to the old songs is for the most part a mistake - a mistake she needs to acknowledge (to herself) and change.

By the way, why are you apologising to Jesus - I don't think he would disagree with you?
Oh yeah it looks like it my bad.

Don't mind me...
Old 12-24-2009, 02:07 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
Oh yeah it looks like it my bad.

Don't mind me...
Too late!

A "Movie/TV Harvard Law Professor (Kingsfield if i remember correctly)" once said to someone when they asked to be off the record, that "EVERYTHING is on the record - ALWAYS."
I've never forgotten that statement (obviously).
Old 12-24-2009, 07:21 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

I agree that what she did with the new interpretations of her old songs was mostly horrible...especially what she did to L'Alize...although i made my peace with the JEAM 2008 Version.

Imho she should leave her old hits as they were..as a kudos and tribute to her past, which made her what she is.
I think she can only win by coming to terms with the past, there was nothing wrong with it

We all know she has matured by now, she doesn't need to prove it by raping her old songs.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default Back to the Future?

There is a method for Alizée to touch old fans with interesting appeals to her previous work in a way which does not rework their music. That is a central idea of the proposal I make here:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/2009May.htm
which has her reworking the music video of ANOTHER artist.

There are references to wind, goldfish, flying, Juliet's party, Barcelona. Amelie, Corsica, and more Alizéeiana yet! There is even a cameo part for Jérémy!

Alizée began as a dancer, was catapulted to fame as a singer and "short actress", and now aspires to be a music producer and filmmaker, as well as a singer. At least artistically, I see the proposed remake of "Saint Teresa" as consistent with Lili's hopes for the future.

One open question is how rich Alizée became from her early work. It is not necessary for her to earn a living as a performer to continue as an artist, and with much dignity, if she can fund herself. Perhaps only superstars will be able to live from their performance art in the near future, because illicit media creation and copying is so cheap and easy that money can only really be exacted by selling licensed (non-media) physical merchandise, doing media ads, and taking live concert/theatre entrance fees. CD sales will become more like "I support X" buttons, which people wear to promote X.

I think Alizée would enjoy performing in ads which gently expose elegant luxury goods. Her good taste, reserved publicity, and youthful attractiveness are consistent with such an ambition, but I don't know that means it can happen.

Does the Corsican tourist board want a celebrity name to do promotions? While that might not be Alizée's first choice for work, I think it is a role with potential for both parties. Perhaps Corsica is too rustic to think in those terms, or even resents the notion of telling the story of so old and traditional a place through the eyes of someone so young - and with a French surname, to boot!

And maybe a successful dance studio wants to expand via franchising and could use a relatively affordable celebrity name who can do video promotions.

Finally, JBG meets Q, and there's the weekly video podcast about Apple gear starring Alizée called "Toc De Macintosh"!

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 12-24-2009 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Smile ehh

I don't even know if she knows that she is messing up her old songs. But I really like this version of Moi...Lolita!!! http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=100

But she didn't really butcher any of her "J'en ai Marre"'s in her Mexico concerts, I think they fit the "in"

Tags
alizee, future