Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-22-2013, 10:50 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So when and how did you get the "bug"?
It was a slow progression. After leaving the room, I was curious about her. I had no idea how to find about her. No name, no song title etc. I tried to find the video on the local DC++ hub of our university. I was in first semester back then and very few of us had brought computers to hostels by then. I found some videos - mainly - Moi... Lolita Amsterdam video, JEAM video and Amelie m'a dit bonus video of En Concert DVD. I watched Amelie m'a dit video many times and only word I was able to catch was Merci at the end of the song. That word helped me in knowing that she sings in French. Soon, I found some details about her.

I found some more videos and liked those songs. Those days I was like a student who wants ensure that he answers all questions in tests and class. More I read about about her and watched videos, more curious I became. Soon I found myself spending whole night reading her interviews and listening to her songs.

I read that she stopped singing after 2004. I felt as if everything has been brought to an abrupt end. For 2-3 days, I didn't listen to her songs. When I started searching about her again, I found about Mademoiselle Julliette and her new album Psychedelices. I had a no idea what a single is. All I could understand that I could get new songs on December 3rd. I was very happy to know that. I started waiting eagerly for that day. Our exams had ended by before December and everyone had started leaving hostel during semester break. By 2nd December, there was hardly anyone in my hostel. I just stayed back to find about the album. I tried find new songs on 3rd, but without any success. I was disappointed and left the hostel next day.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I have to admit that I have indeed tried. Although technically speaking, it was the third time I ever saw Alizée that I was completely captivated and blown away. The very first may have been as far back as 2005, maybe 2006, when I watched the famous World Of Warcraft dances video, but back then I was only interested in it for the Michael Jackson bit which came near the end, so I forgot all about Zée till 2009. My uncle borrowed my laptop to show us one of her videos, and I just wanted to get back to whatever I was doing at the time, I can't remember now, I think I may have been on facebook. (He struggled at first to remember her name, asking me what it was, and insisting that I knew who she was, some Liz, Eliza, or something ) But the song and her singing stuck in my head, and the next day I had to look her up again.

I know it was a JEAM performance that I watched first, but I can't remember what followed exactly. I've never been able to remember the exact date either. But I know I had to have watched the Gourmandises, Moi Lolita, La Isla Bonita, JEAM and JPVA music videos as well as the Amsterdam performance that night. Looking back, it seems very strange that I didn't come across ÀCC until a few days later. Some of the other more memorable videos were actually fan-made ones, such as this one and one called "Alize Forever" which I can no longer find on youtube It was probably made by a Mexican fan, as it had a Spanish language song in the background of a picture slideshow. And of course, there's the Alizée So Beautiful video.

Watching those, and any other video from Gourmandises to Psych takes me back to those days, especially the early ones, because there were many more of them, and of course nothing form UEDS had come along yet. I try not to do that often though, because I don't want to wear out the effect. Watching them again gives me the ultimate high, something that has only recently happened again, when I listened to her singing Dis Lui Toi Que Je T'aime, and Jenny's video of the dancing competition skit on Les Enfoires. Not quite as strong as when I first discovered her, but it is still quite a feeling.

However, like ALS said, it's something that you can't get back or experience again once it's already happened. I wish I could travel back in time to those first few days but remain invisible so I could just watch the videos alongside myself, but also to see what my face looked like while I sat there

I guess, I can only imagine...
Old 06-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Every now and then I'll pull up the forum where I saw a gif of Alizée in a posting on April 26, 2012 to remember my discovery of her. The first time I saw the gif I moved on but the next day I went back looking for it specifically to get the name from the caption. Went to Wikipedia, went to YouTube. Bought the CDs, joined AAm.

It's all been great since then.

Who knows? Maybe the original poster is a member here.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:00 PM

awkward Turtle is on a distinguished road

Am I the only person here who didn't discover her through a video or picture? I was on Limewire looking for new music by downloading viruses and an occasional song when I stumbled across Moi... Lolita. I liked what I heard and found a few more of her songs. At that point in my life, I had no interest in celebrities or anybody anywhere in the creative process of movies, tv, or music so I didn't ever bother looking her up. I didn't see a picture of her until I bought her cd a couple of months later.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:27 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkward Turtle View Post
At that point in my life, I had no interest in celebrities or anybody anywhere in the creative process of movies, tv, or music so I didn't ever bother looking her up. I didn't see a picture of her until I bought her cd a couple of months later.
Same here. Before 2007, I never had interest in movies and music. In fact before 2011, I had watched movie in a theater just once. I could hardly identify singers and actors.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur