Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-19-2007, 08:39 PM
alizee >>> crack

Deus_Ex is on a distinguished road
Default alizee + 22" lcd monitor

I just bought a 22", 2ms lcd monitor and i'm gonna see how alizee looks in a large widescreen...heheh

(sorry if this is a bit offtopic, but i bet she looks much better for me now)

"I am a MARSmallow"

Old 09-19-2007, 09:09 PM
alizee >>> crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus_Ex View Post
I just bought a 22", 2ms lcd monitor and i'm gonna see how alizee looks in a large widescreen...heheh

(sorry if this is a bit offtopic, but i bet she looks much better for me now)
also, does anyone know if the Alizee En Concert would be able to play in HDTV on my lcd monitor?

what i mean is that my lcd monitor supports an incredibly large resolution size, so would playing En Concert feel like i'm actually there?

"I am a MARSmallow"

Old 09-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

En Concert isn't high definition flick.

And anyways with LCD you have never a chance to feel like in concert. There's nothing realistic in them.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:22 PM
alizee >>> crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
En Concert isn't high definition flick.

And anyways with LCD you have never a chance to feel like in concert. There's nothing realistic in them.
any video will look better from a 17" nonflat screen CRT with a refresh rate of 12ms to what i recently bought.

but anyways, what's the max resolution that comes with En Concert, if you know?

"I am a MARSmallow"

Old 09-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

You actually think it is the response time the biggest problem in the LCDs ? Btw... it's far from 2ms in your (and all the other) LCDs... But of course, as long as it says so in pretty ad, who cares ? eh...

And En Concert is standard DVD so it is 720x576 pixels.

Which isn't native resolution of your LCD so it will be scaled to resolution of your LCD and it will look like crap after doing that.

With your CRT you saw the DVD as it was supposed to be seen. At it's original resolution.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
alizee >>> crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
You actually think it is the response time the biggest problem in the LCDs ? Btw... it's far from 2ms in your (and all the other) LCDs... But of course, as long as it says so in pretty ad, who cares ? eh...

And En Concert is standard DVD so it is 720x576 pixels.

Which isn't native resolution of your LCD so it will be scaled to resolution of your LCD and it will look like crap after doing that.

With your CRT you saw the DVD as it was supposed to be seen. At it's original resolution.
so how do you suggest I should watch it?

of course it's probably not 2ms just like all the other things in physics/computers: speakers stating peak power instead of rms power, the approx 8 percent memory disappearing on hard drives, fuel mileage in cars, etc.

"I am a MARSmallow"

Old 09-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
so how do you suggest I should watch it?
Well, from television of course.

Hook your favorite DVD player to widescreen CRT (the larger the better is the rule of thumb) with RGB cable and enjoy.

Quote:
the approx 8 percent memory disappearing on hard drives,
LOL

(and so that I wouldn't be making just fun of you...some actually useful info: try out and google the difference between GB and GiB and how they are misused in windows)

Last edited by RMJ; 09-19-2007 at 09:51 PM..
Old 09-19-2007, 10:26 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

We have a 52" screen and a home theater system. I invite my friends over, make some popcorn, fill a bowl with chips, grab some sodas, turn off the lights and let the magic begin.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:29 PM

Capn is on a distinguished road

I have a 21 inch lcd native resolution of 1680 x 1050 i always watch movies and stuff in their native resolution so I do not stretch pixels over my lcd's native resolution which would cause boxy and pixelated images.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:01 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Heheh, it's generally not recommended for someone to mention LCDs when RMJ is around. While he's absolutely right in stating that CRTs are superior from a technical standpoint, I feel that the advantages of LCDs make up for it by far. They're smaller and lighter, use less power, and don't make that annoying "DONK" sound when you turn them on. Similarly, they don't get gaussed up when you put your speakers near them.

The main problem with LCDs is not their response time; if they're advertised to have a 2ms response time, then they're going to be darn close to that. The real problem is that they can't show black properly. CRTs shoot light at the screen where something should not be black, so there is absolutely no light in those areas. LCDs have a backlight, and crystals block out certain parts of the spectrum. However, they don't block light perfectly, and some light always "bleeds" through.

When you're watching a movie or something else that will have a nice range of colour reminiscent of real life, it becomes extremely annoying in dark scenes. I think it's worth the thing not requiring me to worry about my back when I move it.