Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Vidzone is a UK company which Sony is involved with. (Google Vidzone) Sony makes the Playstation. Vidzone is available on Playstation in Europe. Sony Sony Sony. That's probably how it ended up on the Playstation, though maybe it wasn't supposed to be shown. But it was and any video footage of Alizée is good and now maybe we'll get more in October.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

I just saw this

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 09-19-2012, 06:37 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Well im not sure I am a fan of this video as for it doesn't really give an insight to a story. It Just seems to be Alizee living out her daily life but being sad at various points for reasons the video does not elaborate on but should since the song is meant to be a sad song.
Well she's obviously sad because she broke up with someone as you can clearly see in the opening scenes So she broke up, struggles with it, drives back home, is still upset about it but tries to return into her old life also with the help of her friends and at the end she's over it, she's happier and smiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I wonder if Alizée had this video shot in Corse and submitted it to Sony to be the official video, but then Sony rejected it and decided to shoot a new one.
I think you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
What strikes me is seeing Alizée in a really adult themed video for the first time, mainly I'm referring to the opening scenes. Personally, I like that it relates more to a woman her age. Yes, there were some videos in the past that had themes related to sex and love, but they were depicted in a more playful, teenage way. Les Collines was a move towards a more adult Alizée, and maybe now her new work will relate better with her real age.
+ 1
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

there is only one question... if videoclip was so bad, that Sony decided to shoot new one or edit that leaked... what the hell they did the whole time again? they had long time to see its not good but not... with smile in face they wrote on A birthday it will come soon... now from "soon" is late october and if the leaked video was maybe beta version of clip, they realized just now its bad? sorry but I must laugh, cause its too much for me - delay for december, then next year, and now this theather with clip really I must laugh... not from happiness but despair

Last edited by Karin; 09-19-2012 at 07:09 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
Well she's obviously sad because she broke up with someone as you can clearly see in the opening scenes So she broke up, struggles with it, drives back home, is still upset about it but tries to return into her old life also with the help of her friends and at the end she's over it, she's happier and smiling.
No that is cheating Jenny lol! You and I know this information because we already know Alizee's story because we are big fans. Pretend you are a new fan or someone who doesn't know anything about Alizee or her personal life .. allow yourself to be unbiased and watch the video; there would be no way you can extrapolate the information you just said .. no way! Therefore the video fails to deliver its message. All the video says to me is sad, happy, sad, now let me do some random stuff that does not follow any plot line or deliver any hints as to what is happening!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:39 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
This.

I mean come on guys, this whole project has already become something of a fiasco. As much as I love Alizee and anyone else who loves Alizee, I really do think some people are in denial over this. The release of this poor quality video is entirely down to Sony as are all of the delays and excuses and mis-information. All of that does not seem to me to be the 'work' of an organisation who cares so much about their product that they would consider re-doing things to get it right. They can't re-do the single anyway, it has already been officially released. Since when did you have a record released only for a more polished version to be released months later? It's all nonsense. Of course this is the official video. It is Alizee singing along to her single all the way through - even with the poor dubbing. It just happens to be very poorly made and put together - or should I say 'thrown together'? Why would we expect anything better given the quality of everythnig else connected with this project so far? - including a badly recorded single and an out of focus official photograph to go with it? Nothing that has emerged from the project to date has been anything like professional quality. And RMJ and others are correct about the lies. eg the statement the other day about the release date for the new album and all that nonsense about how hard everyone is currently working in the studio when anyone with an internet connection can see photographic evidence of Alizee dining out and shopping in Corsica on a daily basis via Instagram! She hasn't been near the studios in months!

I'm sticking with my original thoughts that this whole thing is a low priority 'back-burner' project that no one with any real clout is involved with. Everything that has happened to date points to that. I still hope that we actually get a new album - although I'm no longer holding my breath - but I think it's wider impact potential has already been undermined by the clumsy handling of the whole affair which has all been very public.

It really does make me want to cry.

Last edited by Panther; 09-19-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 07:46 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I agree with everything you said, Panther. I'm not allowed to say it though, because I'm a "hater", apparently.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
This.

I mean come on guys, this whole project has already become something of a fiasco. As much as I love Alizee and anyone else who loves Alizee, I really do think some people are in denial over this. The release of this poor quality video is entirely down to Sony as are all of the delays and excuses and mis-information. All of that does not seem to me to be the 'work' of an organisation who cares so much about their product that they would consider re-doing things to get it right. They can't re-do the single anyway, it has already been officially released. Since when did you have a record released only for a more polished version to be released months later? It's all nonsense. Of course this is the official video. It is Alizee singing along to her single all the way through - even with the poor dubbing. It just happens to be very poorly made and put together - or should I say 'thrown together'? Why would we expect anything better given the quality of everythnig else connected with this project so far? - including a badly recorded single and an out of focus official photograph to go with it? Nothing that has emerged from the project to date has been anything like professional quality. And RMJ and others are correct about the lies. eg the statement the other day about the release date for the new album and all that nonsense about how hard everyone is currently working in the studio when anyone with an internet connection can see photographic evidence of Alizee dining out and shopping in Corsica on a daily basis via Instagram! She hasn't been near the studios in months!

I'm sticking with my original thoughts that this whole thing is a low priority 'back-burner' project that no one with any real clout is involved with. Everything that has happened to date points to that. I still hope that we actually get a new album but I think it's wider impact potential has already been undermined by the clumsy handling of the whole affair which has all been very public.

It really does want to make me cry.
Great post man!
And welcome to Alizee America where Alizee's shits gold! I honestly think she doesnt know what shes doing, I wish her the best but I dont think it looks too good~

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I agree with everything you said, Panther. I'm not allowed to say it though, because I'm a "hater", apparently.
No you are a cynical realist!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 09-19-2012 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-19-2012, 08:19 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

I'm not really blaming Alizee for any of this. I think she really wanted a shiney new album and video etc to come out this autumn, but I think she has put her faith in people that maybe she shouldn't have. It might even be the case that she is the one delaying things? When she fianlly gets to see finished articles like this video she might be turning around and saying that she's not happy and wants things re-done and that is causing problems? That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I don't know if anyone here saw this comment from JJ Goldman over on AF but it did make me wonder if this was something a bit more believable:

"Le 5ème album Alizée est repoussé à début 2013... il faudra donc être patient pour voir la participation de JJ Goldman sur cet album. '

... which according to google translate says:

"The fifth album Alizée is postponed to early 2013 ... it will have to be patient to see the participation of JJ Goldman on this album. '

Now that could mean any number of things but my first thought was that Alizee wanted this guy on her album but that he was just too busy until later on? That is a very plausible reason for a long delay.

Either way it still smacks of bad planning and poor overall project management.

Edit: just something I noticed to reinforce the notion that this is the official video - at 2.29 there is a long shot of the beach cafe and you can see those red and green drinks / glasses on a table which were in that photo that I think her dad put up around that time that they were talking about the filming.

... and don't miss the superb nose scrunch at 3:10!!! lol

Last edited by Panther; 09-19-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
No that is cheating Jenny lol! You and I know this information because we already know Alizee's story because we are big fans. Pretend you are a new fan or someone who doesn't know anything about Alizee or her personal life .. allow yourself to be unbiased and watch the video; there would be no way you can extrapolate the information you just said .. no way! Therefore the video fails to deliver its message. All the video says to me is sad, happy, sad, now let me do some random stuff that does not follow any plot line or deliver any hints as to what is happening!
Well I see your point man but if you think about it, the lyrics tell you what's going on, you and I (and new non-French speaking fans) have the disadvantage of not speaking French so all we have is the video to try to understand what's going on. I'm sure a French person could figure it out, and I suppose that is the intended audience, so the video doesn't completely fail to deliver it's message

Tags
a cause de l'automne