Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Ray4AJ's Avatar
Ray4AJ Ray4AJ is offline
Last Fan Standing
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,079
Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default

It looks like Tal was a bit more active than Alizée on these services in the last 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I know you are sampling at the same time each day, but if you vary this (like on the week ends) let me suggest that you also note the time. Then the data can be normalized.
Roger that. I'll indicate the normal time as a general rule and then specify any collection times that vary.

Not that I know what 'normalized' means in this sense.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Ray4AJ's Avatar
Ray4AJ Ray4AJ is offline
Last Fan Standing
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,079
Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Here are my first calculations and my inferences and observations. See the first post in the thread for more info about my experiment.

So far, I'm not very happy but I'm not surprised either. There hasn't been any real news this week about the show or competition, just promotional efforts on the network's website and possibly on the air, but I don't get that channel here. I think there is probably some press coverage/collateral promotion occurring in France. Also it seems to me that all the contestants are required or encouraged to promote the show on their social media pages, and they do similar things. The impression I get is that these two are friends as they post pictures showing both of them together sometimes.

Data collected daily at 12h30 Paris time unless otherwise noted.

A = Alizée ; T = Tal
IG = Instagram ; FB = Facebook ; PTA = People Talking About

............A IG....A Twitter..A FB Likes..A FB PTA. ||...T IG....T Twitter..T FB Like...T FB PTA
04-25...54760
06-27...58332
09-15...65725....207982.............................. ...||..79608.....651061
09-16...65888....208168.............................. ...||..79865.....652228
09-17...65973....208410.............................. ...||..80081.....653474
09-18...66130....208619......596023......35977...||.. 80229.....654558....488250......32288
09-19...66432....208797......596289......47539...||.. 80704.....655854....490514......41395
09-20...66557....209024......596585......48793...||.. 80946.....657072....492601......41395
09-21...66668....209270......596933......39627...||.. 81057.....658514....496378......38654
09-22...66766....209547......597688......36386...||.. 81264.....660410....501635......35184........Taken at 16h00

increase since I started logging:
............1041......1765.........1665........... .........|| ..1656........9349........13385
daily average increase:
..............149.......252..........416.......... ...........|| ...237.........1336.........3346

I didn't do any calculations with the Facebook 'People Talking About.' I'm not certain what the numbers mean, and what makes them go up and down. But each day so far Alizée had more than Tal. As far as numbers of followers, Tal gains many more followers/likes each day than Alizée. Facebook gets the most additions. Can someone tell me if the Facebook 'likes' numbers indicate new people or can a person like someone else repeatedly?

It should be interesting to see what happens to the numbers after the performances and competition starts. That's what I'm really hoping to gauge. Of course it depends on the routines themselves also. I can't wait to find out.

Please correct me if I've made any errors or if you think I'm off on anything. Any analysis and comments are welcome!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Fall's Avatar
Fall Fall is offline
Against The Current
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 25
Posts: 3,507
Fall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I didn't do any calculations with the Facebook 'People Talking About.' I'm not certain what the numbers mean, and what makes them go up and down. But each day so far Alizée had more than Tal. As far as numbers of followers, Tal gains many more followers/likes each day than Alizée. Facebook gets the most additions. Can someone tell me if the Facebook 'likes' numbers indicate new people or can a person like someone else repeatedly?
You can only like a page once, and this makes their posts show up on your news feed, although you can turn that off. Of course, you can make several profiles and like over and over again Otherwise, they are individual people.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Rev's Avatar
Rev Rev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Floating on the web.
Posts: 2,618
Rev is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Here are my first calculations and my inferences and observations. See the first post in the thread for more info about my experiment.

So far, I'm not very happy but I'm not surprised either. There hasn't been any real news this week about the show or competition, just promotional efforts on the network's website and possibly on the air, but I don't get that channel here. I think there is probably some press coverage/collateral promotion occurring in France. Also it seems to me that all the contestants are required or encouraged to promote the show on their social media pages, and they do similar things. The impression I get is that these two are friends as they post pictures showing both of them together sometimes.

Data collected daily at 12h30 Paris time unless otherwise noted.

A = Alizée ; T = Tal
IG = Instagram ; FB = Facebook ; PTA = People Talking About

............A IG....A Twitter..A FB Likes..A FB PTA. ||...T IG....T Twitter..T FB Like...T FB PTA
04-25...54760
06-27...58332
09-15...65725....207982.............................. ...||..79608.....651061
09-16...65888....208168.............................. ...||..79865.....652228
09-17...65973....208410.............................. ...||..80081.....653474
09-18...66130....208619......596023......35977...||.. 80229.....654558....488250......32288
09-19...66432....208797......596289......47539...||.. 80704.....655854....490514......41395
09-20...66557....209024......596585......48793...||.. 80946.....657072....492601......41395
09-21...66668....209270......596933......39627...||.. 81057.....658514....496378......38654
09-22...66766....209547......597688......36386...||.. 81264.....660410....501635......35184........Taken at 16h00

increase since I started logging:
............1041......1765.........1665........... .........|| ..1656........9349........13385
daily average increase:
..............149.......252..........416.......... ...........|| ...237.........1336.........3346

I didn't do any calculations with the Facebook 'People Talking About.' I'm not certain what the numbers mean, and what makes them go up and down. But each day so far Alizée had more than Tal. As far as numbers of followers, Tal gains many more followers/likes each day than Alizée. Facebook gets the most additions. Can someone tell me if the Facebook 'likes' numbers indicate new people or can a person like someone else repeatedly?

It should be interesting to see what happens to the numbers after the performances and competition starts. That's what I'm really hoping to gauge. Of course it depends on the routines themselves also. I can't wait to find out.

Please correct me if I've made any errors or if you think I'm off on anything. Any analysis and comments are welcome!

If you can give me a couple more days of data, I'll do some analysis.
__________________
--- pace e salute ---
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-25-2013, 06:33 AM
Ray4AJ's Avatar
Ray4AJ Ray4AJ is offline
Last Fan Standing
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,079
Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Yesterday Alizée completely ignored social media, while Tal used it quite a bit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
If you can give me a couple more days of data, I'll do some analysis.
You got it!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Rev's Avatar
Rev Rev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Floating on the web.
Posts: 2,618
Rev is on a distinguished road
Default





Here is a coarse version (due to resolution). The Deltas show the "per day" changes.
Weekly totals also show when each performance was.
These numbers are from Ray4AJ's listing in post #1 above.

Future updates will be at Post 42, in order to "stay on the same page."

OLD --- Current files moved to Post 122 --- OLD
__________________
--- pace e salute ---

Last edited by Rev; 01-12-2014 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: Updated to Oct 13th - Sunday
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Ray4AJ's Avatar
Ray4AJ Ray4AJ is offline
Last Fan Standing
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,079
Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Here is a coarse (due to resolution) preliminary. The Deltas show the "per day" changes.
(I do update the numbers in the original post each day. I'm not sure if that's known.)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Rev's Avatar
Rev Rev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Floating on the web.
Posts: 2,618
Rev is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
(I do update the numbers in the original post each day. I'm not sure if that's known.)
Thanks. I should have looked.
__________________
--- pace e salute ---

Last edited by Rev; 10-01-2013 at 02:08 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-01-2013, 02:08 AM
Rev's Avatar
Rev Rev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Floating on the web.
Posts: 2,618
Rev is on a distinguished road
Default

Chart updated to 9/30 - see above. Thanks Ray4AJ


Alizée got a nice boost in numbers, but she still is not getting the Facebook likes that Tal is getting. Is there anything that Tal is doing that Alizée is not?
__________________
--- pace e salute ---

Last edited by Rev; 10-01-2013 at 02:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Ray4AJ's Avatar
Ray4AJ Ray4AJ is offline
Last Fan Standing
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,079
Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Chart updated to 9/30 - see above. Thanks Ray4AJ


Alizée got a nice boost in numbers, but she still is not getting the Facebook likes that Tal is getting. Is there anything that Tal is doing that Alizée is not?
Just a few observations/guesses.... Tal recently (I believe) announced a spring 2014 tour. Also (for what it's worth) Tal follows over 10,000 people on Twitter while Alizée only follows 333. Perhaps following more followers leads to more loyalty? I doubt it has much influence in reality, but I noticed the numbers.

I wonder how much press the two of them are getting that we don't see here. If one is out in the public more than the other, which I expect is the case, then that may be benefiting Tal.

It's said the DALS4 first show had over 6M viewers. As long as Alizée stays in it I think she'll keep getting more followers. I wonder if there has been any new sales/downloads recently?

But what I started thinking yesterday is that if being on the show does draw in a larger audience for her, she's going to have to be ready to deliver to them something. She can't wait a year to do release new music, the new fans might not stick around that long. So does she have anything prepared? She will need to act quickly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alizee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.