Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-02-2010, 09:57 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
yes and once you figure it out... you must tell us!
But not actually do it.

There is nothing that is more irritiating than listening to one song (such as Alizée's Limelight channel) and being blasted by music (or video) set to go automatically in a tread I enter.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:13 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Anyways, any other ideas? I also disagree with the whole 'immediately playing music' idea. But with the song's release anniversary so near, we may not have time to do anything other than a chat party. Oh well. But for the actual single's release, uhh...
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 AM

Aaronius, I can't hear the music from my phone. And while we all know ML is a great song, I would ask that you please edit that player from your post. Lots of people seem to not enjoy having it there. Like, if someone is listening to something else, and all of a sudden ML is playing on top of it.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

But it gives them the choice to pause it.

Although some people might not like it, there are some that will like it and see it as a great thing. It is a Anniversary about THE SONG!

I can't please everyone so when the thread comes out I will put the player on. Those who don't want it can pause it....Sorry if you don't want it on.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 PM

Itis perfectally fine to put it into a thread of it's own. But this is not that thread. We are going to probably make a thread for just saying ten things you love about Alizée, that would be perfect for it. But that was I believe either AI or Paintball's idea, so let them create the thread and add the music player at their discretion. It just seems people are against in general, so I wouldn't do it. I also agree it is a bad idea.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Yah that's what I was going to do.

As I read this is just a thread for preparing ideas and everything for the acutal anniversary. And then on the day of the anniversary there will be a new thread that is what we have been preparing for for things like you said to list our favorite things about it, the facts about it, videos of it, etc. And Yah i will put the player there not here.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:50 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Lucrative celebrity endorsement opportunity lost?

news.com.au <a href="http://www.news.com.au/business/lolita-bed-for-girls-withdrawn/story-e6frfm1i-1111115452539">reprints</a> a report, a portion of which appears below:<blockquote>'Lolita' bed for girls withdrawn

* From correspondents in London
* February 01, 2008 12:00AM

A BRITISH retailer has withdrawn a bedroom set targeted at young girls that was branded under the name "Lolita" after a furious campaign by a mothers' group, The Times has reported.

Staff at the Woolworths retail group were apparently unaware that the brand of the bed set was the same as the title of Vladimir Nabokov's famous novel, which told the story of a middle-aged man who became sexually obsessed with his 12-year-old stepdaughter...
</blockquote>The article cites the online forum raisingkids.co.uk, now closed. But Google still documents the relevant discussion using the search string
<center>Lolita bed site:raisingkids.co.uk</center>
Of course the biggest joke of all is that <i>Moi... Lolita</i>, either the song or the video, is anything more than just tangentially related to the Nabokov novel.

The variations on the protagonist name in the lyrics do indeed parallel the start of the novel. And the ambiguous Farmer lyrics do indeed conjure up emerging adolescent sexuality - simply a fact of life! But there is no middle-aged man anywhere in site, and for that matter, Farmer's Lolita is in her mid-teens, and not 12. Use of the Lolita name was simply a gimmick by Farmer to inflame attention toward the work, exploiting the manifest stupidity of the public.

The video <i>Moi... Lolita</i> is actually just an economical, anatomically-correct retelling of that American classic, <i>The Wizard of Oz</i>, as argued <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/2010Jan/">here</a>.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 05-07-2010 at 05:54 AM..
Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 AM

Was Lola [Haze] not 14 (a year younger than Moi... Lolita) herself, when Humbert was still molesting her? And thank you, Aaronius, for disconnecting the music player. Like I said, leave it to who's ever idea it was to make a ten things thread, to decide if that thread needs a music player.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

podcast. podcast. podcast. i'm sure it's been mentioned.... but i'm too lazy to actually go through and read all through everything. also, let's go party somewhere. that would be pretty boss
Old 05-07-2010, 08:31 PM

Chat party has been pretty much guaranteed. Just waiting on ruro to set details in it's own thread. As for a party, that has been suggested. And it probably won't happen. Unless we try for the farther off November date, which is the anniversary of Gourmandises (album, not song).