Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

She did have things handed to her and I think one of the things that has hurt her the most since leaving MF and LB was the management she left behind. I see so many terrible decisions since then. With this album, I thought she finally had that with Sony and I was very optimistic about this album, but I think they let her call too many shots.

Now in the past several years, I thought her not working harder on Psych and UEDS was her devotion to Annily, but now Annily is older and with the help of other family can look after herself and it's time for mommy to make a decision. Start devoting yourself to your career or look for another line of work, because it's now crunch time. Are the fans who are left going to wait around another 3 years for something that will be run pretty much by the same management and that is basically her?

Her options are running out, but I feel she could do very well, if she put in an appearance here. 48 hours is all it would take, or is it going to be business as usual?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-06-2013 at 10:15 AM..
Old 07-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scruffy for actually having an adult conversation. Too many times I post on here and I get cussed at for what I am saying or some little kids think that they know it all and say you just hate Alizee, so go away...so again, I thank you for your comments.

One of the things I see over and over in France is that they have this group of artists that they rotate over and over again....Shy'm, Pascal Obispom, Lorie, Nolwenn Leroy, etc...How many times can you see them over and over again in France. They are like on every TV show. From what I learned talking to French singers is that no one cares that your on those shows because your on them so much. It's not a big deal anymore since they go on them over and over again. Alizee being on those French shows really does nothing for her.

Its like these singers hit a ceiling...they are only going to be so popular in France. So if Pascal Obispom or Lorie are happy going on these French TV shows that mean nothing and will never get known outside of France, then I guess that's what they want.

I don't want to see Alizee just going down those sames paths over and over again...How many Les Enfoirés can we see with the same people over and over again...Don't you want to see her doing something else that is bigger and more meaningful ? I think Alizee can be an international star, but if she just sticks to the same things shes comfortable with, you will just keep doing the same thing over and over again. You can't tell me that we have seen this pattern for the last 3 albums ?
Old 07-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
One of the things I see over and over in France is that they have this group of artists that they rotate over and over again....Shy'm, Pascal Obispom, Lorie, Nolwenn Leroy, etc...How many times can you see them over and over again in France. They are like on every TV show. From what I learned talking to French singers is that no one cares that your on those shows because your on them so much. It's not a big deal anymore since they go on them over and over again. Alizee being on those French shows really does nothing for her.

As a frenchman , I couldn't agree more... This is exactly... and let me stress this again , exactly what's been happening in my country for the past decade.

Some call it the Enfoirés' curse in the way that Les Enfoirés' image has considerably deteriorated in the french public opinion. In France it's called the "beauf" phenomenon ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauf ) ... and most singers when entering LE unknowingly start taking a path starting out as popular successful idols and leading them down to be despised dinosaurs of the beauf-ish side of french music, while new freshly discovered singers replace them .

Sad but true reality

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 07-06-2013, 02:51 PM
El Pikito...

AC Mix... is on a distinguished road

Man, i read all you post and it gets me sad and excited at the same time..... Mon maquis can bouch for me, its been years since i have done anything related to alizee, and when mon maquis shows me something new from her, i just blow it off... in all honesty i have not even heard the new album. Besides two or three songs he showed me...

But i remember the good old days... and i dont care what anyone tells me, even in some of her new videos in LE, i see her dancing, and i see the same smile i usto see pree 2004. She loves to dance and she knows it... its natural for her... and i dont know if it is really her decision or someone else who she takes bad edvice from, but in her official videos she is not dancing at all, she mearly moves side to side or she is always in dark lighted videos. And thats not her. Thats not who we fell in love with...

So what i am triying to say is that, if she wanted she could have an army at her feet again. And thats what excites me... to think that she could potentially be a star in the USA... in our country... i think we can do it if she wanted to...

I know what many will say even Mon maquis... "we tried all ready and nothing worked"... but that was many years ago. Things change. People change (obviously), and i think its time we try again... i know i would jump on board if Mon Maquis was up for another shot at it... lol

And if not... then good bye for another 3 years.

AC Mix...

By ac_mix at 2009-03-09
Old 07-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

That's a big problem. People are still stuck on the old Alizee and tried to give this new version a chance. It's not that the new version is all that bad, but she took away the things that made Alizee, Alizee...Like you said AC Mix...all her videos are dark. I really dont think she is calling the shots on that. I think Sony has a lot to do with it. I think she would be better off without a label and her doing it her way. What has her label really done that was good? Maybe I am missing something.

She does not have to go back to doing what she was doing in 2004, but she could at least dance a little and look like she is having fun in the video. They are too serious and I dont think she is all that serious myself. I think 50/60 was more her style with all the pop culture stuff. Just look at her Tattoos she has on her arms and compare them to the music video's she is filming. Something is just not right there...

Those days a long time ago were fun, but I have moved on to other projects. The only way I would come back is that if there was some sign or even a little spark that she might want to tour again. But until that time, I will just it back in the shadows like you and come back every few years to if anything has changed.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:14 PM
El Pikito...

AC Mix... is on a distinguished road

So be it... 10-4 over and out.

AC Mix...

By ac_mix at 2009-03-09
Old 07-06-2013, 06:09 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Old 07-06-2013, 09:19 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's a big problem. People are still stuck on the old Alizee and tried to give this new version a chance. It's not that the new version is all that bad, but she took away the things that made Alizee, Alizee...Like you said AC Mix...all her videos are dark. I really dont think she is calling the shots on that. I think Sony has a lot to do with it. I think she would be better off without a label and her doing it her way. What has her label really done that was good? Maybe I am missing something.

She does not have to go back to doing what she was doing in 2004, but she could at least dance a little and look like she is having fun in the video. They are too serious and I dont think she is all that serious myself. I think 50/60 was more her style with all the pop culture stuff. Just look at her Tattoos she has on her arms and compare them to the music video's she is filming. Something is just not right there...

Those days a long time ago were fun, but I have moved on to other projects. The only way I would come back is that if there was some sign or even a little spark that she might want to tour again. But until that time, I will just it back in the shadows like you and come back every few years to if anything has changed.

The album may not be what some people hoped for, but it is a solid album. However, it has not sold well, even though she really did promote it as much as she could (she really tried hard this time).

I believe she wants to tour, but I have doubts as to whether she will tour as she may not think the tickets will sell.

What do you suggest? If you were going to plan out a tour for her, what would it look like?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think she could have a concert in Paris if they promoted it right. Posters by themselves would be a complete waste of time.

She has some very good songs on her last 3 albums and if they took the best songs of those 3, I think you could come up with a very effective radio and/or tv ad.

Songs I would include would be JVB, ACDLA, PLP, and Les Collines. Now I would think she wouldn't need to use any of the music from her first 2 albums, but a lot of people might need a reminder of who she is so they might have to use a clip of moi lolita and/or jam.

If they handle it right, it can happen.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The only way I would come back is that if there was some sign or even a little spark that she might want to tour again. But until that time, I will just it back in the shadows like you and come back every few years to if anything has changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I believe she wants to tour, but I have doubts as to whether she will tour as she may not think the tickets will sell.
Well I don't know if it's what you were looking to hear exactly MM, but there it was mentioned not too long ago that she wants to tour, but in more intimate settings where she can interact more with the smaller audience. I'm just paraphrasing what I remember, does anybody know what I'm talking about? It may have been an interview