Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 12:59 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Here is an interview of Alizée and Nolwenn that took place after the 2011 show which was kind of dominated by Nolwenn. She had originally trained in Classical music, then gotten away from it, so these shows over the years, have given her a chance to dabble in Classical music again if only in a small way and that is mainly what she talks about.

As I mentioned yesterday, Nolwenn went to college in the U.S. She spent 1 year as an exchange student.

By the way, this video was subtitled by BigDan who is from Paris and a member of this forum though we haven't heard from him a while.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-15-2018 at 01:06 PM..
Old 03-15-2018, 06:19 PM

Alizée, again from 2008

LE 2008 backstage Alizée.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-15-2018 at 07:19 PM..
Old 03-15-2018, 07:46 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Such a great candid photo. She was so thin in those days.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:26 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

How cute!
Old 03-16-2018, 05:58 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Alizée, again from 2008
Already 10 years ago, damn time flies
Old 03-16-2018, 07:47 AM
Administrator

This is from LE 2011. It is the last performance of the event, and the performers, as a group, started filing into the arena from one of the side entrances (cannot really tell which one it was, but it was a bit of a walk to the stage). They were banging these sticks over their head in unison to the music as they slowly made their way to the stage. They were walking in the aisles, so people were crowding both sides. Alizee, being one of the short ones of the group, was in front of the pack.

Every other person had a smart phone or a camera and was taping or taking pictures as they passed. Most had their phones in front of their faces. One of my pet peeves is why would somebody go to a live event and watch it through their phone??? Alizee is walking four feet in front of you, and all you see is her on your iPhone. Doesn't make sense to me!

She is looking around, and of all the cameras going, she locks in on this one for a second. They guy is holding it over his head (smart) and he is still watching the event at the same time (smarter). I don't think he realized what he just captured until he got home, but he got Alizee looking right at it. Lucky!

Old 03-16-2018, 09:00 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This is from LE 2011. It is the last performance of the event, and the performers, as a group, started filing into the arena from one of the side entrances (cannot really tell which one it was, but it was a bit of a walk to the stage). They were banging these sticks over their head in unison to the music as they slowly made their way to the stage. They were walking in the aisles, so people were crowding both sides. Alizee, being one of the short ones of the group, was in front of the pack.

Every other person had a smart phone or a camera and was taping or taking pictures as they passed. Most had their phones in front of their faces. One of my pet peeves is why would somebody go to a live event and watch it through their phone??? Alizee is walking four feet in front of you, and all you see is her on your iPhone. Doesn't make sense to me!
Un Jour De Plus Au Paradis is a great version of the orginal by Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise and my favorite of LE 2011 even though Alizee had no strophe to sing. I like the part when they all sing together on the stage.

It’s a fallacy to think you can experience something and document it at the same time, regardless of what. When you use your phone to record something or are texting you are not really there. Your mind is somewhere else.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
It’s a fallacy to think you can experience something and document it at the same time, regardless of what. When you use your phone to record something or are texting you are not really there. Your mind is somewhere else.
"Am I holding the camera straight? Am I cutting off people's heads?"

You are exactly correct. I really didn't want to be the one to bring it up because I appreciate all the phone videos that people have taken (you included), but there is a sacrifice involved, as you say.

Maybe because of our phones, the art of storytelling will be a thing of the past? I have met many people who were very good at telling stories, and when they were done, you felt like you were there with them. Now, to tell our story, we just show photos or play the video we took.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
..............Every other person had a smart phone or a camera and was taping or taking pictures as they passed. Most had their phones in front of their faces. One of my pet peeves is why would somebody go to a live event and watch it through their phone??? Alizee is walking four feet in front of you, and all you see is her on your iPhone. Doesn't make sense to me!...............
I believe it was a couple of months ago I spoke of my experience of filming Alizee while at Les Enfories and I said one way you can tell my videos is they'll start getting lower and lower, almost to the point of chopping off part of the head because I'll look through the view finder to set up the video, but then I'll look to see her with my own eyes and during that time the camera drops.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I believe it was a couple of months ago I spoke of my experience of filming Alizee while at Les Enfories and I said one way you can tell my videos is they'll start getting lower and lower, almost to the point of chopping off part of the head because I'll look through the view finder to set up the video, but then I'll look to see her with my own eyes and during that time the camera drops.
I remember you saying that. The hands do not make a very good tripod.