Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-18-2022, 03:35 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I "discovered" Alizee in 2006 when I clicked on a link in a World of Warcraft gaming forum where somebody posted about the Night Elf character in the game having a dance where part of it was emulating the dance of some French singer. It brought up a grainy YouTube video just called "Alizee" and nothing else. Now I know it to be the Pour Laurette performance and other videos have been posted of that performance with higher resolution. But remember this was 2006 and YouTube was only a year old, so you take what you can get.

So in one regard this was my best moment, but there is another best moment (can this even happen?)

Again, I have to emphasize that this was 2006. It was still the "old days" in the Internet world, like the Wild West. The iPhone was yet to be introduced. Social media options were limited and video sharing was in its infancy and struggling because not many people had the Internet bandwidth necessary to stream (yes, a lot of people still had dial up).

Bigger than YouTube in those days was MetaCafe, which started in 2003. They had a collection of Alizee videos including some compilations that people put together. I got stuck on a particular compilation that had some short clips of Alizee dancing and singing some unknown song because the compilation music was something else.

Alizee was just stunning in those clips and I had to find that performance in total!

We all know that performance now and it's at our fingertips.

But back then, I knew very little about her. AAm didn't exist. I became obsessed in finding that video.

It might have been weeks or months or who knows, but I finally found it on YouTube. That was my other "best moment". It became in an instant my favorite Alizee video and still holds that spot today.

It was at that time I realized that I have never seen anything like her. Her beauty, her moves, her energy and everything else all wrapped up in this tiny package. And to top it off, she seemed like a very sweet person.

She did not disappoint since then.
Old 02-18-2022, 04:12 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
It brought up a grainy YouTube video just called "Alizee" and nothing else. Now I know it to be the Pour Laurette performance and other videos have been posted of that performance with higher resolution. But remember this was 2006 and YouTube was only a year old.
That video was published on 2 February 2006.

Over 16 years later it's still on YouTube, having been watched 19.252.150 times:

https://youtu.be/ceSxEjwXHcM

Old 02-18-2022, 04:54 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaberintarou View Post
I saw her for the first time on tv long before I got internet.

I clearly remember seeing this moment (at 4:03)

When Laurent Boyer (the presenter), ask Kad Merad (the bold guy) if he has any advice for her future career, he answers:

"J'ai aucun conseil à lui donner, qu'est-ce que tu veux que je te dise Laurent.
Elle chante super bien, elle est très mignonne, et.....voilà"

(I don't have any advice to give her, what do you want me to say Laurent.
She sings very well, she's very cute, and......voilà)

I remember her smile following that answer (at 4:05)

But I might have seen her before and don't remember it.

Edit:

Btw, why does my video link doesn't appear like yours ?
I'm using the "insert link" function though.
Is it because I used "quick reply" ?
Wow, you've known Alizée for a really long time!

But have you always been a fan since then or did you get excited only later?

Alizée 💜
Old 02-20-2022, 04:59 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As lucky as I've been to either see her and meet her so many times, I think the number one moment concerning this subject is when I saw the music video of her performance in Amsterdam for the first time. One night, I had watched "La Isla Bonita", then I asked myself, "Who is this Alizée?", then did a search and clicked upon Alizée's performance in Amsterdam. What a performance. So much physicl beauty, beauty of dance, of voice and so much charm. The charm is the key thing. Look at Julia who is a very beautiful young woman, with a great voice, being supplied by the music making machine of MF/LB. She doesn't have the charm, doesn't have that look in the eye that Alizée has. That's something that can't be manufactured or bought. I was up all night when I saw that video. I could have never imagined she had another great song and then another and another. After watching ML all night, I couldn't have imagined that there were so many great songs and performances by her. So I'd have to say that moment when I saw ML in Amsterdam was the greatest moment for me because it opened up a world of wonderful music and meetings.
You really have a lot of different, wonderful, moments, as we knew!

Good choice number one!

Probably for most of us those first "moments of discovery" are the best!

Alizée 💜
Old 02-20-2022, 07:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
You really have a lot of different, wonderful, moments, as we knew!

Good choice number one!

Probably for most of us those first "moments of discovery" are the best!
I really kick myself because during those early years of hers, I could've easily gone over there several times to see her if I had only known, but who knows, if I had known about her in 2003, I might have said to myself, well just wait until the summer of 2004 to see her. Then I would have really kicked myself so I'm so grateful for just having discovered her.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:19 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Just go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I really kick myself because during those early years of hers, I could've easily gone over there several times to see her if I had only known, but who knows, if I had known about her in 2003, I might have said to myself, well just wait until the summer of 2004 to see her. Then I would have really kicked myself so I'm so grateful for just having discovered her.
Well...
- I didn't travel to the Museumplein in Amsterdam on 30 April 2001, because it was announced there would only be one single song.
- I didn't travel to France, Switzerland or Belgium for Alizée En Concert, because there were rumors of concerts in The Netherlands.
etc.
So... nowadays I just go.

Last edited by Alizée-Nederland; 02-20-2022 at 10:32 PM..
Old 02-20-2022, 11:31 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée-Nederland View Post
Well...
- I didn't travel to the Museumplein in Amsterdam on 30 April 2001, because it was announced there would only be one single song.
- I didn't travel to France, Switzerland or Belgium for Alizée En Concert, because there were rumors of concerts in The Netherlands.
etc.
So... nowadays I just go.
Well that's kind of an interesting topic. I live in a great sports city. I've been to many games of the local sports teams. I've seen some of the legends in those sports including what I consider the greatest hockey player of his era if not all time and this is Bobby Orr. Then there is Bill Russel, Tom Brady, the goat and a lot of great Red Sox players as well.

Me and many people who are my peers agree as great as it is to experience some games in person, it can't duplicate the quality of what is shown on tv/film. With Amsterdam, an iconic performance imo, as great as it would have been to have been there in person, could it have duplicated the video? I would have wanted to do both, but I feel the video brought out the best in her, the way a live performance could not have duplicated. If I had to choose between one or the other, I think I would've chosen the video.

I think En Concert is a different animal. Because there were so many songs, I would've wanted to see her in person for such a great show, provided I had a good seat.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:05 AM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaberintarou View Post
This performance for me

That "muchas gracias" at the end melted my heart; I had never ever heard such a cute voice in my life. Her talking in french is nothing special, but when she talks or sings in Spanish, it just comes out so "cutesy"; maybe because it's my mother tongue and due to her accent being foreign, but I've heard Americans trying to talk in Spanish and it's laughable (no offense) .

That one has to be my favorite moment, the most beautiful "muchas gracias" I've ever heard. Jesus Christ.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:35 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée-Nederland View Post
That video was published on 2 February 2006.

Over 16 years later it's still on YouTube, having been watched 19.252.150 times:

https://youtu.be/ceSxEjwXHcM
Oh yeah, that's the one!

It's kind of funny since all it says is "alizee". The first letter is not even capitalized so I didn't even assume that was her name, since I have never heard the name before.
Old 02-21-2022, 04:34 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I "discovered" Alizee in 2006 when I clicked on a link in a World of Warcraft gaming forum where somebody posted about the Night Elf character in the game having a dance where part of it was emulating the dance of some French singer. It brought up a grainy YouTube video just called "Alizee" and nothing else. Now I know it to be the Pour Laurette performance and other videos have been posted of that performance with higher resolution. But remember this was 2006 and YouTube was only a year old, so you take what you can get.

So in one regard this was my best moment, but there is another best moment (can this even happen?)

Again, I have to emphasize that this was 2006. It was still the "old days" in the Internet world, like the Wild West. The iPhone was yet to be introduced. Social media options were limited and video sharing was in its infancy and struggling because not many people had the Internet bandwidth necessary to stream (yes, a lot of people still had dial up).

Bigger than YouTube in those days was MetaCafe, which started in 2003. They had a collection of Alizee videos including some compilations that people put together. I got stuck on a particular compilation that had some short clips of Alizee dancing and singing some unknown song because the compilation music was something else.

Alizee was just stunning in those clips and I had to find that performance in total!

We all know that performance now and it's at our fingertips.

But back then, I knew very little about her. AAm didn't exist. I became obsessed in finding that video.

It might have been weeks or months or who knows, but I finally found it on YouTube. That was my other "best moment". It became in an instant my favorite Alizee video and still holds that spot today.

It was at that time I realized that I have never seen anything like her. Her beauty, her moves, her energy and everything else all wrapped up in this tiny package. And to top it off, she seemed like a very sweet person.

She did not disappoint since then.
I have sometimes read this story of yours somewhere else here on the forum!

But I didn’t directly remember that basically WoW also got you to find Alizée and explore more.

It seems to be a pretty familiar "discovery path" for many.

[I have no contact with the whole game]

Alizée 💜