Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you preordering Une Enfant Du Siècle?
Yes 39 55.71%
No 20 28.57%
Undecided 11 15.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I bought one. There was no question in my mind that I would. Of course it was in support of Alizée, but also because I just really wanted this collector's edition. I have a turntable, but I may only play them once, if at all. If they weren't so expensive, I would have bought two, one to play and one to preserve unopened.
Thats what I plan on doing for everything else but since I don't have a credit or debit card, I just have to buy my stuff little by little. Except for this collector's edition. I'm going to try to somehow convince my dad to buy it for me

Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 PM

Bandit is on a distinguished road

I can't bring myself to preorder without hearing at least a sample of the songs. Psychedelics was too radical of a change from the prior two albums that I loved. With this one being a "concept" album I'm concerned that it will be way more artistic than entertaining and be even further removed from the style of music that made her popular.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:09 PM

jmaca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I can't bring myself to preorder without hearing at least a sample of the songs. Psychedelics was too radical of a change from the prior two albums that I loved. With this one being a "concept" album I'm concerned that it will be way more artistic than entertaining and be even further removed from the style of music that made her popular.
i dont have much problems with this album more of a concept as long as its more focused than psych was...psych seemed to touch upon too many genres and thats what took me away from that album compared to her first two (although i still loved psych )
Old 02-04-2010, 08:45 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

All morning since 9:30am I've been happy,sad,excited,anxious, desperate for several reasons, but reason #1 for me was like most members here...$$$$...I have $50 left from my savings. I then needed 2 things (1) $90 more and (2) my mom's credit card. Luckily my sister saw my desperate attitude and was VERY kind in lending me $90 from her savings. I am VERY greatful and THANKFUL of her action and now that I have the money I only need the toughest thing of all.....my mom's credit card. I will wait about 2 days and try to convince her to let me borrow it, but the problem will be when she knows the amount I will spend($140). She will not understand me, but I will do what it takes so she could give me permission to use it

My current status in ordering the LIMITED Edition:
60% I'll order it
5% doubtful if wether it's worth it or not
35% that I will not have permission to order due to mom's CC reasons(-.-)
Old 02-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

As said, that price is totally ridiculous. I was expecting a standard edition with a standard price... Sorry, it just isn't worth that much when I could just wait until March for a standard edition. I hope.

As far as style, I actually *hope* it's experimental, and that she at least took part in the songwriting. Fat chance of that, but who knows.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I know for a fact that I will order it, though I don't have enough in my bank account to get it. I have already made plans to go shoveling snow and cleaning people's driveways now that there seems to be a big snowstorm coming here. Me and my friend will hit every house we can, and hopefully get all the money (and hopefully some more for later purchases ) by Monday. Hopefully, there won't be school on Monday either (we have tomorrow off) and we'll work then too. This is one of those crazy things you do with your best friend when they need help lol, my friend has a job already, so he doesn't need the money but luckily he's agreed to help out. Since we're gonna be splitting the money 50/50 (almost like the song ) we're gonna need to work this whole weekend to get my share to at least $100 or so, the rest I can put in already. It is gonna be hell I'm up for it however, and I'm not gonna stop till I click ORDER!!

Edit: I read through this and saw that I used the word Hopefully 3 times, maybe that means something

Last edited by Fall; 02-04-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Old 02-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I would have bought this album even if I had heard samples and they were really bad. Since I am a fan of Alizée's for the long haul, I will support her during the bad times as well as the good, just because I want her to always have another opportunity to amaze me and the rest of the world. In a way though, this is more of a collector's item than something to listen to. Like I said before, I'll be buying the regular CD for my daily listening needs.
I certainly understand that others may feel differently about this and that's cool. Everyone has to find their own comfort level in such things. It's probably not what I would consider a practical purchase, but it's something I nevertheless want.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I am glad that so many people are ordering this package. Looks to me like it will probably sell out. Thought I should add that plug since I'm definitely not ordering it myself.

Hmm. Lefty, I don't believe I would order the album if I heard samples and they were awful. Or if I expected it to be awful (which I certainly don't). My feeling is that Alizée does not benefit from uncritical support. During the Psychédélices era, I praised her to the skies when I thought she deserved it, and criticized when I thought she deserved that. Assuming she paid attention (and I am reasonably sure she did), she knows that she can count on me to tell her honestly what I think. I will this time, too. So far, I like what I see. The theme and imagery seem more mature than ever before, more creative, more artistically developed. It remains to actually hear the new music, and to see her new performances. Based on what I have seen so far, I have high hopes. When the album comes out and I hear it and see her perform the new songs, if I tell her that it's great, she will know that that praise has been earned.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-04-2010, 11:30 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner360 View Post
Its my first real musical obsession and I want to make the most of it
I like that answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I bought one. There was no question in my mind that I would. Of course it was in support of Alizée, but also because I just really wanted this collector's edition. I have a turntable, but I may only play them once, if at all. If they weren't so expensive, I would have bought two, one to play and one to preserve unopened...
Basically expresses my thinking as well.

I'm also glad, at least to some extent, to have bought it FROM her.

I bet they come out with another type of special edition (sans vinyl) when her CD is at or close to release.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Sous le charme d'Alizée

Tupuz is on a distinguished road

Already bought. There was no question about buying. This was something I had to get. I am happy to support Alizée and happy to own such a precious thing...