Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-07-2010, 02:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default 30 sec radio ads for Alizée to be played in Boston?

I'm sure most of you have seen my posts for trying to promote Alizée on the radio. Well I'm hoping to make that a reality by posting some 36 commercials, 30 seconds long, over a two week period on a Boston radio station.
The first 25 seconds being a part of one of her songs and the last 5 seconds will be a dj saying to get more information about Alizee, go to AlizeeAmerica.com.
The cost will be $3,000.00. Fully funded by me.

The songs I will use will probably be her English ones because I think the beauty of her French songs would be lost on most people here. The English songs will be from the MCE, Gour era. The ones I was thinking of using I posted a youtube link earlier for and I'll repost it here. I have to trim these down to 25 seconds. I think these earlier songs have real capture power, that's why I selected them. We all know that the lryics dont make a whole lot of sense, but that's the beauty of the 25 second commercial. You can use a section that does, even though that isn't that easy. The idea is to get their attention. Once they go to the web site, they can determine whether they're disappointed with the full lyrics or whether they're disappointed with her being older now.But I don't think they will be.

The reason I haven't posted anything until now is I wanted to make sure this was going to go through first. I'm not living in the lap of luxury here and if the engine in my 94 chevy s10 were to blow up tomorrow, I probably wouldn't be able to do this. Another reason I haven't posted is because I know there would be far ranging views in what songs to use, what part of each song, what city, what station, etc. But I'm putting up the funds so I'll do it my way. If somebody else thinks it should be done different, they can come up with some money and do it their way.

The station is WMJX-fm. Magic 106.7. They mostly play soft rock. I listened to them for hours and think they're a good fit for her music and they watched my music and thought she'd be a good fit for them.
I thought maybe targeting a top 40 station, but in using these older songs, I think they'd be a lot less willing to play her music if listeners requested it than a station like Magic would. They don't care about the age. All they care about is the foremat and probably would play one of her songs if enought people requested it. A good thing too about this station is we'll be able to listen live over the internet. They will provide us a schedule for when the commercials will be played.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-07-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Old 06-07-2010, 02:50 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Merci beaucoup, scruffy ! This awesome! Worry not about us disagreeing with you, it is your money, spend it how you will. Besides, could anyone disagree with the Youpidoo 'Mon chou chou' laugh?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:07 PM

Aron14 is on a distinguished road

'Tis very nice of you. Thank you, Scruffy. No artist could ever ask for a better fan than you. I'm sure Alizée would be very grateful.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:14 PM

One thing I have to mention about using a song such as Les Collines in one of these commercials. This is Boston. We have a bitter rivalry with several New York teams. People here would lose their lunch if they heard "New York I love you so" or even if they found out this song had anything to do with New York. We might win a bunch of new fans with some of her earlier songs, then lose them in the blink of an eye when they found out about Les Collines.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Scruffy! You the man
Old 06-07-2010, 03:26 PM

Lolz no but I love Never Leave You! stupid city rivalry... No particular city hates Madonna, why not LIB? Or does Boston hate Madonna? Seriously though, with LIB, we wouldn't have to worry about bad lyrics, or city rivalries. I understand completely if you refuse to accept my suggestion, but I must at least suggest it.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:29 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

because people will think of madonna, not alizee.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
............No particular city hates Madonna, why not LIB? Or does Boston hate Madonna? Seriously though, with LIB, we wouldn't have to worry about bad lyrics, or city rivalries. I understand completely if you refuse to accept my suggestion, but I must at least suggest it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
because people will think of madonna, not alizee.
Actually that's included in the video I posted of songs I would probably include. I am worried about it because of just what Manniskopesten said. People might think it's Madonna.

The five songs I will probably use are,
Youpidoo (English)
I'm not twenty
Amelie
I'm fed up
La Isla Bonita

I think in most cases her French versions of these songs are more beautiful, but I think it would just confuse a lot of the people here.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM

I only suggest LIB if you are worried about the lyrical problem, as some are. If you aren't (which scruffy doesn't seem to be, understandably), then don't. Musically, and vocally (as in not lyrically), I prefer the composing of her MCÉ songs to LIB. After all, look at my sig! But I just wanted to offer a solution to either problem, becuase neíther solution adresses both problems.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Actually that's included in the video I posted of songs I would probably include. I am worried about it because of just what Manniskopesten said. People might think it's Madonna.

The five songs I will probably use are,
Youpidoo (English)
I'm not twenty
Amelie
I'm fed up
La Isla Bonita

I think in most cases her French versions of these songs are more beautiful, but I think it would just confuse a lot of the people here.
Sorry, I didn't watch your video, sgnal too bad for yt. But I agree 100%- we need to go easy at first by using the English songs. And I wasn't suggesting you only play LIB. I just saw in you post you only mentioned MCÉ, so I didn't know you thought of it. I don't think it deserves to be left out just because it is a cover. Maybe be played less, but not played not at all. Sorry about the bad double negative, I hope that made sense.

Last edited by VVVACCPLPNLY; 06-07-2010 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-07-2010, 04:15 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

It sounds like a good idea... (but a little expensive, maybe)

Anyway it's the kind of action that i was refering to, when i was talking about create some buzz around AA and Alizée.
I mean, it have to work on 2 level :
1/ Direct action on Boston audience
2/ Buzz on French media (let's them knowing that some " crazy" fan had taken this initiative by his own, just to open US market to our goddess ...
They will looove that.