Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-13-2007, 01:20 PM
je te reverrai encore!

Canuck is on a distinguished road
Default just wondering

on the topic of movies and stuff i wanted to ask a question that i wasnt sure has been answered yet um when alizee releases her third album is there anyone who will record of all her media and tv preformances and post them somewhere just like *that*. like a day after they happen.... yeah i know im impatient but i miss Alizee hhaha.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

plentyyyy of people are eager to do that. Visit www.alizee-forum.com and www.mf-international.com then you can meet them all. Don't worry we will be definitely able to see her TV shows and appearances even though we can't get French TV
Old 01-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
plentyyyy of people are eager to do that. Visit www.alizee-forum.com and www.mf-international.com then you can meet them all. Don't worry we will be definitely able to see her TV shows and appearances even though we can't get French TV
Actually, this is something that's been worrying me for quite some time. We have fewer people both in France and with the right equipment and knowledge than you might think! We've lost many of our most dedicated cappers from the MCE era. Those remaining, mostly on MFI (Touch, Olympio...), would be doing it only as a favor to us and not also for themselves. That could make them less reliable, and we do not want to miss a thing! The French boards (Alliance, etc.) don't seem to have the technical know-how, as evidenced by Alizée's brief apperance on MTV last Feburary which Kiouty ended up having to cap. So yeah, I think this is a problem... one I've been trying to address for years now. It's a major reason why I urge cooperation among the forums (especially MFI, which many people seem hostile towards). We are going to need each other very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Some of our theaters has subtitles for foreign people so they can go to see movies when living here... so I could imagine there's such things in Paris, too.
Usually this is only done for foreign films, and not domestic French ones. Though it wouldn't hurt too look (I would if I were there, though I'd settle for plain French if I had to), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited by Ben; 01-13-2007 at 01:41 PM..
Old 01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
je te reverrai encore!

Canuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Actually, this is something that's been worrying me for quite some time. We have fewer people both in France and with the right equipment and knowledge than you might think! We've lost many of our most dedicated cappers from the MCE era. Those remaining, mostly on MFI (Touch, Olympio...), would be doing it only as a favor to us and not also for themselves. That could make them less reliable, and we do not want to miss a thing! The French boards (Alliance, etc.) don't seem to have the technical know-how, as evidenced by Alizée's brief apperance on MTV last Feburary which Kiouty ended up having to cap. So yeah, I think this is a problem... one I've been trying to address for years now. It's a major reason why I urge cooperation among the forums (especially MFI, which many people seem hostile towards). We are going to need each other very soon!

Usually this is only done for foreign films, and not domestic French ones. Though it wouldn't hurt too look (I would if I were there, though I'd settle for plain French if I had to), but I wouldn't hold my breath.
uhoh well im sure you'll find a consitant person to help us out as a favour !
things always seem to work themselves out in the end haha. or i unno how it works but that crazy satt tv on ur comp if this site could get the ones alizee appears most on like tfi and m6 it could be easier to get the vids of her straight to there computer. ill look into it and maybe ill be able to purchase some french channels for my comp. but i wouldnt know how to record them. Just a suggestion as of now.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I looked into getting some French channels here, but all there is is Trace and TV5monde on one carrier. It's so annoying: most services have channels from like 60 different countries, but it's always everything other than France!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, I looked into getting some French channels here, but all there is is Trace and TV5monde on one carrier. It's so annoying: most services have channels from like 60 different countries, but it's always everything other than France!
Talking about which... I did further investigations and I found out that I could get ~100 French channels via satellite.

I read that it's possible to order CanalSat France to Finland. All I'd need is satellite equipments... (which would cost 500 euros at least)

These channels I'd be able to get (including all the major digital TV channels and bunch of digital radio channels):
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/canalsatfr.html

Quote:
(I would if I were there, though I'd settle for plain French if I had to)
Yea, but I doubt I'd understand much of it.

But we'll see..

Last edited by RMJ; 01-13-2007 at 03:15 PM..
Old 01-13-2007, 03:52 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Good news, two weeks ago I decided to buy my DVD player/burner (don't know the exact name in English) so now I can record anything from TV programs (in numeric TNT!) to HDD, DVD ram and DVD R & RW (I only had the ones of my PCs but with no tuner, etc). The only problem will be to convert that to a PC video format (avi, mpg, etc). I've made some successful DivX conversions but that's all what I know right now and DivX isn't great!
Also, I'm not fond on TV as a hobby, I barely watch it, especially TF1 and M6! So you (huge encyclopedia fans like RMJ or Snatcher) better alert me when Alizée is programmed on any future show. Yeah, that beats everything! I'm the French here and you'll tell me what's on on French TV. Haha! . I mean I never buy/read TV program magazines so you'll surely know before me (via AF and MFI forums) when she's on a show...
Now about copyrights, I don't know much about this. Will I be really allowed to post that on the internet, while it's all new, etc?
Anyway, it'd still be great if you know other French people to do it. But I'll try what I can.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
to HDD, DVD ram and DVD R & RW (I only had the ones of my PCs but with no tuner, etc). The only problem will be to convert that to a PC video format (avi, mpg, etc).
Excusez-moi mais... why do you need to convert anything ?

Those DVD recorders should record into MPEG2 format directly from DVB stream. It should be fully compliant as is. If DVD player can play it, PC can 100% sure play it. No conversions needed.

What do you see on the disc if you record something ? (if you look at it on computer).

Quote:
Now about copyrights, I don't know much about this. Will I be really allowed to post that on the internet, while it's all new, etc?
Alizée wouldn't care since it's free promotion for her.

TV companies generally don't care cause they can't stop it. And it doesn't really hurt them anyway.

But I wouldn't worry about it anyways. Since if you want, no one will know that it was you who originally shared it.

And there's been cappers all the time and non of them has gotten into trouble really. And most of them even have tags on their videos so they'd be easy to track to them.

Last edited by RMJ; 01-13-2007 at 06:34 PM..
Old 01-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My guess is that recording the TV performance for your own viewing is OK, but to share or distribute it publicly would be an infringement on the copyright. I think the rules are different if you are a journalist doing some kind of news report.

By the way, does anybody know if Alizée has ever attempted to write lyrics or music, or commented on the subject? Has she learned to play a musical instrument? Just wondering...
Old 01-13-2007, 06:50 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
What do you see on the disc if you record something ? (if you look at it on computer).
They are standard VOB files of course but those are gigantic, especially to upload on the net!!! Well I know you can find those files in the Alizée archives though.
By the way, here's my hardware:
http://www.panasonic.fr/servlet/PB/m..._l3/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
My guess is that recording the TV performance for your own viewing is OK, but to share or distribute it publicly would be an infringement on the copyright.
That's what I fear. But well, it's been done already like RMJ says. Maybe I shouldn't tell what I'm going to do in forums and the like