Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 07:46 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

She doesn't like to tour. What the hell were the four concerts in Mexico if she didn't like to tour. If you are not going to do a concert in Paris because you didn't want to tour. Why would you spend weeks in Mexico doing four concerts?

Paris BTW was cancelled because sales of tickets was dismal at best.
Alizée did end up firing the French promoter after their lousy performance promoting her and her concert.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:50 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
It is NOT pure speculation, and you are dead wrong. We have her statements repeatedly, for years, that performing on stage is her favorite part of the music business. We have her behavior at her concerts for Psych, showing that she still loves it. The idea that she does not want to go on tour for the new album is so implausible we should simply dismiss it out of hand.
The concerts were canceled in France for unknown reasons, but surely the fact that they didn't sell enough tickets was at least a good part of the cause. There may be other reasons, but Alizée not liking to perform is simply not possible as one of them.

We don't know that it isn't.
'It is NOT pure speculation' Really? So you know 100% why the album hasn't been released then? Do enlighten us, please?

'We have her behavior at her concerts for Psych, showing that she still loves it.' She was loving it in Moscow? You obviously watched a different concert than i did?

'We have her statements repeatedly, for years, that performing on stage is her favorite part of the music business.' Actions speak louder than words. How many concerts were there in 2009 then?

'The concerts were canceled in France for unknown reasons,' No. It was because she got rid of her French tour manager...that's what she said. Surely you are not suggesting that thats not true?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:54 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Obviously, any reason that any of us come up with is pure speculation.
However, i am convinced that i am correct.
She dosen't want to tour. There's no need for any 'palms and heads' (show me some evidence that suggests otherwise?). No major record company are going to release material from an artist if they are unwilling to promote it. I can only repeat that if she was planning a tour it would have been finalised months ago, as it isn't..well...draw your own conclusion.
I have seen or heard nothing that tells me that she wants to tour. When was the last time she played live in her homeland? Exactly.
The last we knew was the cancelled concert in March and the broken promise of the 'You and me, eye to eye' message that also didn't happen.
She's not 'big' enough to go it alone otherwise the album would have came out ages ago on Joe Bloggs records and sales wouldn't have mattered.
Evidence: She talked about her tour at the end of the year all year in 2008. She went to Moscow and four cities in Mexico. The concert in Paris was canceled bit rescheduled. She does do the Les Enfoirés concerts. She said she was disappointed about not being able to do the concert. She once (in the latter part of 2008 apparently) stated that she would go to Mexico for up to 3 months (if her career called for it). How's that? Don't confuse intention with ability. However, yes, you do make the point that I have made which is that if Alizée had a particular love for singing in live performances and an ability to do so, she'd be doing something here and there like she did in 2008 unless somehow her 'mom/housewife/whatever else she's doing' duties prevented her from doing performances. Either she does not have the personality to assert herself and get such gigs, no one is interested, or she can't manage the time to make it happen, or all of those. None of that, however, means that she doesn't want to tour for her album.

And let's see, planned before album release? Nope. Not with the last album. They released the album before making any plans and then the plans they started to make got pushed back by weeks and months. Maybe someone like Mylène Farmer can say, "here are the dates I'm doing" and it's firm because they know they can get prepared in time and they know they will sell 100,000 tickets. But it wasn't done before and thus why should it be done now? Yes, there is Mexico, but I would tend to think that in France, they'd want to see how things go before committing to anything. Even then, the dates were changed for everything she did in 2007/8. How can they have anything planned already?

Ok, and Alizée is signed with a major label, but she's too small to sell on some "generic" CD sales web site (or whatever you were talking about)? That just doesn't make sense. If she was too small to sign with a major label, then she'd be doing that.

Sorry, but you are making little sense to me except as a person who is simply bitter about the whole thing because it has not turned out well. Believe me, I understand that sentiment.

Of course, she did get a hundred thousand sales worldwide or something. There were many fans in Mexico that really loved her. She made a new album. What does that mean? Not really sure, but still.

It's kind of silly for me to be convincing you that she does want to do a concert tour and that because she said no the label is refusing to release the album. Anyone can judge for himself, but that sounds ridiculous to me. If that was the case, what are they waiting for? Like, they are each waiting for the other to break? Whatever dude.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-01-2009, 08:03 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one is 100% right as no one is 100% wrong obviously.
However, a lot of you just see her through 'rose tinted' spectacles.
No artist, however much you like and admire them is beyond criticism.
She let everyone down for Paris and she again let everyone down with the promised 'special concert' 'eye to eye'.
Now shes 'messing' about again with the new album with vague release dates.
Yes, i'm frustrated. It's difficult not to be.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:11 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
She doesn't like to tour. What the hell were the five (plus one at a later date) concerts in Mexico if she didn't like to tour.......Why would you spend weeks in Mexico doing five concerts?
A. I did some fact checking for you and fixed your post

B. I hardly consider 5 shows a tour it's more of a "hey I'll do a couple shows here and go home."

C. I don't think it's that she don't like to tour, but more what goes with the touring and the people and such....

Old 12-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

dear god i hope the new album comes out soon!

we seem to be going crazy discussing things that we'll never really know.

i agree with all of you really.

deepwaters, i agree with your point. what artist in the right mind would not want to tour?? that's a major way to make some money and finally give the fans a little something! and i too remember her saying she loves performing in front of her fans. which i thought was interesting, because she's so shy!

junkmale, you're right too. she certainly does seem to be be failing at backing up what she says.. but hopefully, maybe once things get rolling with the new album, she'll surprise you!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:36 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one is 100% right as no one is 100% wrong obviously.
You are absolutely correct.

Quote:
However, a lot of you just see her through 'rose tinted' spectacles.
No artist, however much you like and admire them is beyond criticism.
She let everyone down for Paris and she again let everyone down with the promised 'special concert' 'eye to eye'.
Now shes 'messing' about again with the new album with vague release dates.
Yes, i'm frustrated. It's difficult not to be.
That is why I await patiently and keep myself preoccupied. If you've not learned that already, then you may be setting yourself up for further disappointments. :/

BTW Jung, your Jari sig looks kind of like RMJ :P

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

If anything, I think it's the opposite: she wants to tour, but many factors (some maybe her own doing, so don't assume I'm not critical) have gotten in the way. And yes, that could be one thing delaying the album. But anyway, all this frustration really proves the point she once made about not wanting to raise false hopes by announcing things too early. Jive probably shouldn't have said the album was "planned" for November, even though their wording was tentative. If not for that, all we'd know is that something's in the works and will arrive when it does.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
BTW Jung, your Jari sig looks kind of like RMJ :P
they are both from Finland after all.....BTW Jari is the shiznit

Old 12-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Does every single artist like to tour? Let's ask an expert on touring
<object width="425" height="344">

The "Good" side of touring
And the "Ugh" side of touring
And a funny part
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PFk0X9hjec&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont