Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-08-2022, 02:57 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
One cannot but dream what a possible third album would have been like!
At the time of the breakup, Mylene must have had some songs in mind for Alizee’s third album.

The following song was released by Mylene in 2005. Is it possible that it was originally intended for Alizee’s third album?

(I'm only joking.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 02-08-2022 at 03:18 AM..
Old 02-08-2022, 04:34 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Smile

[But if it weren't for a joke ] I really don't think...

Admittedly, it is impossible to say what image would have been created for Alizée for this possible period, in which case the Lolita period should have ended gradually?

It's hard to compare when I'm not very excited about Mylene's performances...

But as you know, Alizée even reads and sings the phonebook magically when needed, so her third "mylene album" wouldn’t have failed!

Alizée 💜
Old 02-09-2022, 02:14 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
Admittedly, it is impossible to say what image would have been created for Alizée for this possible period, in which case the Lolita period should have ended gradually?
Talented musicians such and Mylene & Laurent often have a library of music in which some arrangements have not been performed. I picture Mylene going through the library with Alizee during the younger days and selecting songs together for her first two albums. I think some songs might have been written at that time, such as Moi Lolita, but many if not most already existed. At least that is my theory and I believe somewhere I have an interview that Alizee had that supports the theory.

So what would a third album have been like if Alizee stayed with Mylene?

Alizee would have been 21 or 22 years old, assuming that Alizee remained single and not having a baby. The Lolita image probably would not work anymore. How would Mylene keep Alizee's fans engaged as she moves into young adulthood?

I personally think Psychédélices was a very good album for her at the time. It did pretty good as far as sales went but imagine if Mylene was still in business with Alizee at the time as a manager and promoter. It could have went from good to great.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:24 PM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Taking into account Alizée's pregnancy and the fact that she wanted to 'take a break' after "En Concert", I believe (unless Mylène would have somehow managed to convince her to return to the Studio immediately), that the third collaborative Album wouldn't have been released until 2007 at the earliest.

Here's why:

1. Mylène began recording "Avant que L'ombre..." in early 2004, originally planned as a double Album. I'm fairly certain that this was in the works for quite a while.

2. After, Laurent Boutonnat began work on "Jacquou le Croquant" (a film, for those who may be unaware), which released in January 2007.

Factoring all of this in, work on Album number three wouldn't have commenced any earlier than the actual work on "Psychédélices" did, that we would eventually get.

It is of course impossible to say what the lyrical content would have been or what form Alizée's image would have taken, although I will say that Mylène is fairly big on continuity so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have strayed too far from the established and simply found a way to 'humbly' work themes such as marriage and motherhood into it and make it look progressively, if nothing else.

So, in any case, the best point of reference for how that third Album might have sounded like would be Mylène's 2008 output:

"Appelle Mon Numéro" (Translation: "Call My Number") serves as a good example, as, even though the song is very much Mylène's, it is one of those titles that I believe Alizée could have convincingly sung as well:

Another example may be the following:

"Drôle de Creepie" was a song written by Mylène with music by LB for her niece, Lisa. A sort of "Prototype Alizée". It was a one-off and yet fairly successful single, also released in 2008.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 02-09-2022 at 05:59 PM..

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline