Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-24-2007, 12:13 AM

MiamMiam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
I have for 14 years now.

Suicidal Ideation is VERY often not "rational".... You can't just "fix" it. Sometimes its just brain chemistry, and sometimes its biological (disease) related.

As for your example of the cancer patient. I've seen it man, with my own two eyes.

When Morphine or Diloted (spelling) won't touch the pain, when every second is horrifying, when a person is afraid their going to die, and even more terrified they wont - because it gets worse, and will NEVER get better (except in that one in 500,000,000 chance).....

Alizee' would only insult them. Not HER, but YOUR belief that they could somehow "recover'. Sometimes there is NO recovery. Your going to have to learn that if your working in a hospital/health care setting.

Death is NOT to be feared. It WILL come to all of us in time.....

And if your a Doctor, how could you not want to "Allivate" their suffering at the end?

I've been here too long, and seen too much not to know that for some people, at the very end, Dying with dignity is a FAR greater gift.....

(Just IMHO (my $0.02 worth)......

Good luck
I definitley agree with this quote. Having had a friend die at the age of 20 from cancer, and having another friend currentley going through cancer...all I can say is that the pain is something that those who don't have cancer or another illness along the same lines can really even fathom, so no offense but I doubt showing someone a video of Alizee is going to help much. Sure life is beautiful to live and such, but if you don't even know the degree of pain these people go through in their waking moments...you can't just cure them from their "suicidal" tendencies when really death is like an everlasting peace in their eyes...but of course everyone is afraid to die as well. Also, you can't force someone to like certain music, just like you can't force someone to love someone , so even though Alizee may be something we all enjoy on this site....like others have said, not everyone is going to like her. It's kind of along the same lines as if you have a disease (and you're in horrible pain), and the doctor sits you down and tells you to listen to Britney Spears or someone and that you should feel better because he likes Britney Spears and that makes the doctor feel better. Doesn't make much sense does it? Now I know you can't compare Alizee to someone like Britney Spears, I just couldn't think of another artist to use as an example besides Alizee.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:26 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

I would let the person die if they didn't want to live. I don't go for the vegetable-state keep someone alive at all costs.. that to me is ridiculous. Pull the plug
Old 02-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

thank you for all this. this really helps.

so I guess to best way to spread the word is to try to have such a pleasant personality myself?

Last edited by garçoncanadien; 02-24-2007 at 07:58 AM..
Old 02-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

if i were to treat suicidals i'd use a religious method
and other than that i don't know

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 02-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
I have for 14 years now.

Suicidal Ideation is VERY often not "rational".... You can't just "fix" it. Sometimes its just brain chemistry, and sometimes its biological (disease) related.
I've known 5 people who committed suicide. I would say that's more than my fair share. I knew them all quite well, and one was a very close friend. In my personal experience with this, I have to agree with Edcognito. You cant fix it and it's not rational.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post

To me, she could be a 300 lbs hunchback and I would still enjoy her singing. Some of the members feel the same as me, but most equate her looks with her singing talent. Alizee is beautiful but that has nothing to do with why I enjoy her songs. I don't place her on a pedestal and worship her as some sort of diety.

I've set up her music videos on myspace to reach more people.
dido. to me too she could be fat,slim, tall,short ,she could become a man(god i hope she doesn't) i will still love her.
i did fall for the eyes first you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I've known 5 people who committed suicide. I would say that's more than my fair share. I knew them all quite well, and one was a very close friend. In my personal experience with this, I have to agree with Edcognito. You cant fix it and it's not rational.
excuze-moi
but i believe that every problem has a solution.
First you have to digg deep to find the problem then search very hard to find the solution you may find it and you may not but don't say i cannot solve this

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 02-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atra201 View Post
but i believe that every problem has a solution.
First you have to digg deep to find the problem then search very hard to find the solution you may find it and you may not but don't say i cannot solve this
Good point, Atra. I suppose I should rephrase my statement. I believe the problem these people had could not be fixed by our current level of knowledge, but I hope and I believe we will have a solution in the future. Believe me, I could write a hundred pages explaining the things that were tried, said and done, but they were to no avail. There may always be a solution, but there’s no guarantee the solution will come in time. There is always hope in the future, though…
Old 02-25-2007, 12:35 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Smile Alizee Is My Tinkerbell

I'm not suicidal, but I can say for sure Alizee saved me. She brought something special into my life.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:45 AM

Bob is on a distinguished road

knowing firsthand about suicidal thoughts and attempts, knowing people that have finished the job, it's not easy to comprehend to begin with. for someone to feel suicidal, it involves a lot of pain, a lot of the time mental. if you all thinking Alizee helps, she sure didn't for me, sorry guys, but she doesn't..
This post may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or bob's work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:58 AM
¿What color is my soul?

DesertFox is on a distinguished road

This is a hard topic so ill handle it with care.

Friend. You have a good soul, you want to help people out and thats great BUT, you have to let people make their own choices. You can share your interests with other people, but dont expect them to like it, you should just be happy because you tried and you wanted to help...Alizee gave you happiness, its normal you want to share it with others, so dont let other people put you down or say its bad because it isnt...just keep in mind that death is a relief for many persons and that is their choice if they live or die...as its their choice to like Alizee or not, but the point of the matter is that youre trying to make people happy with the things that make you happy...that cant be wrong...my humble opinion.

Criticism accepted...no prob.
"Sometimes living is far more complicated than dying".

Hope it helps dude.
P.S.- Thanks for making a difference