Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road
Default Euro 2012 Thread. France is on top!

Since I know there were quite a few soccer fans here which I very much enjoyed talking with (even though most of them left). I thought I would start a thread about the biggest sporting event in the world after the World Cup and that is Euro 2012.

....and this time France is actually doing well.
http://espnfc.com/us/en/group/home/l.../euro2012.html

They are on top of their group. For the first time in 6 years there is hope for France after all.

I know that Alizee is a big Soccer fan from her previous interviews and is fully behind the France team with a pic of her in her Lloris jersey (who is the goalkeeper for France) that she tweeted before Euro 2012 started last week.

...And I would like to say Hi to my friends on this forum who know me even though they may not come by anymore or are lurkers and a big welcome to the new additions. Nice to meet you!

Go France and Allez Les Bleus!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:31 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Yes, well... I am sorry for Alizée... not

If Spain win again tonight against Portugal we will play the final against Italy or Germany.
We could be the first national team in history to win the triplete: Eurocup-Worldcup-Eurocup.

Vamos España!!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:31 AM
Alizee Fan!

SpanishFan you guys fully deserved to win that game.

I have tremendous amount of respect for Spain. They show what the beautiful game is all about, beautiful control of the ball, exquisite passing, one touch football. It is really hard to beat you guys because you guys dominate possession. Your guy Xavi reminds of Zidane (even Zidane himself stated that he reminds him of himself) but he is not quite as good as Zidane.

I also like the Spanish League a lot, my favorite team after Arsenal is Real Madrid (go Galacticos!) and really enjoy the rivalry between Galacticos and Barca in the world famous Classicos. By the way did you know Real Madrid is also one of Alizee's favorite team? She said that when she visited Spain when a reported asked her what's her favorite football clubs.

Anyways, I hope you guys make history on Sunday and become the first ever team in the history of the world to 3 consecutive major titles.

That is just

Good luck on Sunday. #VivaEspana!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:41 AM
For me... formidable

Thanks!
It is going to be difficult because Italy looks strong and all the spanish players are really tired, and right now we lack goal... we relay too much in possesion as a way of protecting ourselves. We should attack more... Anyway a lot of good players in both teams so let's hope it's a good game (and Spain wins)

No fear for Sunday because reaching the final alone is a good result after winning eurocup-worldcup.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Alizee Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Thanks!
It is going to be difficult because Italy looks strong and all the spanish players are really tired, and right now we lack goal... we relay too much in possesion as a way of protecting ourselves. We should attack more... Anyway a lot of good players in both teams so let's hope it's a good game (and Spain wins)

No fear for Sunday because reaching the final alone is a good result after winning eurocup-worldcup.
You guys are WAY better than Italy (those cheaters and divers!). All us France suppoters absolutely hate Italy with a passion. You guys have a crazy squad, Xavi, Iniesta, Xavi Alonso, Fabregas, Casillas (the best goalkeeper in the World), Pique, the list goes on and on. And that doesn't even include David Villa! I mean who in the world wouldn't want to have a squad like that.

I really hope Spain kicks Italy's ass tomorrow. It would be a real shame if Spain's tiki taka one touch style of football would lose to Italy's lame ass boring style of football.

Good luck tomorrow. Fck Italy! Forza Italia my ASS! Spain all they way. Viva Espana!

Last edited by Ali; 06-30-2012 at 05:21 PM..
Old 07-01-2012, 09:57 AM
For me... formidable

Thanks, but it looks like we are playing against destiny as well:

Anyway, Spain is a big party today, we can feel all the excitement and anticipation in the air... for the third time in a row. It is a wonderful feeling and it is time to enjoy and make the most out of it gathering with family and friends. The weather is great also.

Five hours to the match,it is time for warming up opening some beers...
Old 07-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Alizee Fan!

A historic victory! Vamos Espana! I hope you enjoyed that very well SpanishFan!

Spain has done the impossible! It has become the first team to win 3 major tournaments in history of football. No team has been on top for 4 years in a row!

I am glad that I was around to witness this historic event. Very often in history that you get witness something this magical in your lifetime, the one thing that comes to mind is President Obama's historic victory to become the first Black President, watching Michael Jordan play and win all those NBA titles back in the 90's and of course since I am a France fan, it would be watching France winning it's first World Cup in 1998 and watching the great Zinedine Zidane play!

I remember my dad telling me watching Muhammad Ali win all those boxing titles back in the 70's when I wasn't around and telling me about it. If God blesses me with children I will be able to tell them I was around to witness the greatest Football team in history play, I was around when Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Torres, Pique, Fabregras play and become the first team in history to win 3 consecutive titles a row.

With respect to your pic I was thinking about the same thing, there's been so similarities that has been going on over that past tournaments in the last 6 years with respect to beating Germany and winning titles. Thankfully for you guys, history didn't repeat and you guys won. I got great joy in watching Italy lose in such an EMBARRASSING manner and getting HUMILIATED in front of the world.

Spain made my day!

It's almost midnight in Spain. I hope you and your fellow Spaniard don't party too hard.

Last edited by Ali; 07-01-2012 at 07:01 PM..
Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 PM
For me... formidable

We all just feel very lucky to be able to enjoy this era of our national team, one of the best of the history in football.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Alizee Fan!

Boring? Who ever says that is an idiot. What is boring is watching JOKE Italy's lame ass defend all day and park the bus and then try to get a cheap goal in a counter attack. Now that is BORING football. In fact, these Italian ass wipes shouldn't even get to the final. They were lucky that they were in a group which didn't require them to face Spain in the knock out stage like France and Portugal did. France only lost to Spain by 2 goals and Portugal put an even better fight and pushed Spain all they way to penalty shootout. Those Italian dirty asswipes is lucky that they lost by 4 - 0 goals, the score should actually be 6 - 0 because there was a hand ball in the penalty box by one of those asswipe Italian players and there was foul on I believe Sergio Ramos in the penalty box, and Spain didn't even try in the end because they didn't want to further humiliate Italy further. Casillas wanted the referee to blow the whistle earlier because he didn't want to embarrass Italy even more.

I must say after the incident with Zidane and Italy back in 2006 and the way these dirty Italian asswipes like Materazzi said nasty things about Zidane's sick mother causing him to get angry. All of France and all us France supporters absolutely HATE Italy. Italian fans are bunch of asswholes, I read they beat up Spain supporters in Rome after Spain won. We got great joy seeing Italy epically fail like this and seeing them cry like a bunch of babies. In all the years I have been watching a final, Euro and World Cup, I never saw a team get raped crap Italy did on Sunday. These Italian b*tches got a beating that they will never forget in their entire lifetime.

So thank you Spain!

This was the best weekend for me this year and in a long time.

Hope you had a great weekend with your friends and family watching the game like I did.

And BTW, which part of Spain are you from? Are you Barca or a Real Madrid fan by chance?

Cheers!

Old 07-03-2012, 06:07 AM
For me... formidable

I am from the north of Spain, from a city called Oviedo, home town of another great spanish sportsman, Fernando Alonso. I support Barcelona.
And yes, we did enjoy the final, mainly because it was almost over after the second goal and the second half we were already celebrating...

I never saw a final match so uneven.
Our goalkeeper even said to the referee not to add a lot of extra time out of respect for Italy as the game was already decided.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jmpwr5K-lyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>