Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
Great song.And if you can't hear it's Alizée singing you're deaf.
TOTALLY AGREED MY MAN!!!!....hopefully you are a man...
Old 02-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
Is a follower... and that's awesome enough
Old 02-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Universal Member

UniCom is on a distinguished road

I can totally understand how some feel about this song, and it's OK. It's not blasphemy or anything, we're just sharing some of our earliest thoughts on the song and the coming of the new album. I already said I loved it like in the first page or something, and that's as honest as I can be.

Change can be a bad and a good thing. Sometimes they are necessary to not repeat things over or make things that had already been done, as well learning from the mistakes of whatever came before.

Also, I probably don't have to say this but this was also meant to surprise us.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_alizee_fan View Post
Am I the only one to tell the emperor that she has no clothes? (a reference to the story) Lets face it.. We all love Alizée and it pains me to say it but the song sucks big-time; I won't tell her it's good when it's really not. To be honest, it sounds like it was written by a first grader. I know Alizée can do much better. I hope the new CD has better songs.
Nude dancers are actually quite popular in the french music video bussiness today. And if that song were written by a first grader then that first grader would've scared the living poo out of me

Seriously, what is the point telling everyone that they are wrong and that the song sucks?
Do you want everyone to go "Hey he's right, let's split this joint!"?

Even if these are your true feelings maybe you should consider what good it does stating them like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Well it's too early to judge whether or not that song sucks.

At first, I hated all the songs of psychedelices, but now I love it. So had I jumped to the conclusion that all the songs of psychedelices sucked due to my first impression, I would've missed out on a good album.

Besides, maybe you find it to be a terrible songs, but others may genuinely like it, or like me, waiting to make their decision later.
I like you Wasabi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Although it's a very small sample... I like it. I somehow associate it more with her first two albums then I did Psychedelices, and I like her slightly more mature look here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the final look and sound will be ;-)
You know the full version is out there right?
I am a Link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
Why, did you have any special plans for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme22 View Post
I don't understand what all this complaining is about and all the comparisons to her albums with Mylène. Would we really prefer for Alizée to be a mini-Mylène for the rest of her career? I wouldn't.

Yes, Psychédélices was a big change, and though in my opinion some of the songs sounded a little forced, it felt a lot more genuine and a lot more Alizée to me.

We can't expect her to be the same girl she was 10 years ago. We all grow and change. And we can't know that even if she did continue with Mylène if we'd like the songs. For me, Mes Courants Electriques is inferior to both Gourmandises and Psychédélices.

We can't expect her to have the same success she had in the beginning. For her, I would like a different kind of success: one that is based more on artistic credibility, not necessarily on sales. I think it would be a good move to get into the underground scene. In my opinion, those are some of the most loyal fans one can have.

We have to remember that this is a concept album. It's going to be a little strange. This doesn't mean that should she release a new album after UEDS that it will also be like this.

One could also say the same thing about "J'en ai marre," no?
Welcome to the ranks wise one

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:26 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

An interview was posted on another Alizee fan site this last week that was from a music critic from England in English when Alizee was 17. If I wasn't Forest Gump on the computer I would have uploaded it here for discussion. It may already be on a post here for all that I know. Anyway to make a long story short it made the most compelling argument for why Alizee needed to break from MF/LB and the Lolita image if she had any desire to have a lasting and serious music career. It described the long history of the French music industry exploiting prepubescent girls into Lolita types for making the most money possible by way of exploiting the French obcession with Lolita type pop music themes. That most from the past slipped into obscurity or the music abyss as they no longer fit into the Lolita image due to developing into women basically. That staying too long branded them as Lolita's only making it very difficult to be accepted as real singers with talent. The interview had much more insightful tidbits about Alizee and even complimentary of her. I have an even greater respect for Alizee's insights and intelligence especially regarding her career decisions going on her own than I already had. If someone knows where that interview is it would be worth a discussion here. Sorry for the long ramblings of a madman!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:33 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking Support Alizée - Click link below and post yr comment!

Tomtentp, thanks for all that above. L. O. L. !

I find the new song is very cool, very electronic, and I like it, but it definitely doesn't sound like something they'll release as a single. Apparently, it'll be the third track on the album. In any case, I'm liking what I'm hearing, and simultaneously thinking I'll probably like several of the other songs even a lot more...

Quote: "You {American fans} over there, you can maybe be good for something.."

Having been told this (jokingly, I think), by an overseas correspondent, I find it's now my sworn duty to keep trying to get more and more of us to post some tiny comments in support of Alizée on the ChartsInFrance.Net website. It's so easy, too! You don't have to sign up, don't even have to give a name or anything! And you def don't have to know French - in fact, my friend suggested we SHOULD post em in English. For added authenticity.

Here's exactly where you need to go. Click this link!
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-69466.html then scroll down 'til you see the button that says "ajouter un commentaire" (add a comment). Click that.

The only difficulty, for me, was these two cautions: 1) Keep it short, and 2) try to resist the temptation to try posting there again and again!

Oh, yeah, they will ask you to try to add 1 + 3 or something, just to verify your humanity. But I got that one, too. It's 4. Okay, I used a calculator.

edit:
Pépé, that wasn`t rambling or mad or anything! I hope somebody really does know where that interview can be found.

Last edited by Chuck; 02-15-2010 at 01:36 AM..
Old 02-15-2010, 10:59 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Well, despite my English knowledge is rather good, sung English always makes troubles and I have some doubts in few moments in lyrics. Are there lyrics available somwhere around here, I saw few versions, but I'm not sure whether they were precise.

I read on AF some possibilites, but I'd like to know what do you think about it? At last it's your own language
Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

here is my take on the lyrics from a quick listen ...

Quote:
dream always, and always (or maybe all ways)

i dont know, where im going
looking for the limelight, bright

i cant recall, where i've been
in this long long flight, night

find a way and away

i dont know, if i should
burning waves of ecstasy, oui

stares (or stairs maybe), lights, music, sweat, scares, fright, panic, threat
also, i will say the song has really grown on my in a strange way, at first i really hated it. now it is somehow oddly compelling.

Last edited by brad; 02-15-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Old 02-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
also, i will say the song has really grown on my in a strange way, at first i really hated it. now it is somehow oddly compelling.
that's exactly how i started to like it...and that took me uhhh...2 seconds?haha. LOVE THIS SONG
Old 02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Post Standing by Tinkerbell

<i>Limelight</i> is not defeatist, but is desperate and darkly pessimistic, with the musical beat making it decidedly more anxiety-laden than <i>Idéaliser</i>.

I think it is supposed to reflect the promised album theme of the demise of Edie Sedgwick. But I nearly get the extremely unsettling feeling that the lyrics are almost a personal statement by Alizée about her own uneven odyssey as an artist in this strange new century, of which she, and not Edie, is the "child."

History notes that limelights were typically employed to highlight solo performers; they were the original spotlights. Recall that in staging <i>Peter Pan</i>, it is not infrequently the case that Tinkerbell is <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker_Bell#In_original_play_and_novel">portrayed</a> by moving a spotlight. This perhaps make the passage in the lyrics "flight, night" more than just a metaphor!

This song is very thin musically - almost free verse poetry, with incidental music. Like much similar music, it reminds one of the mood music used in early video games. I suppose it is a reasonable overture to the tragic opera which is the subject of the album.

But what a contrast it is, in both spirit and form, to <i>J'ai Pas Vingt Ans!</i> Instead of a great adventure to be relished, the future is cast as a dark struggle to survive. <i>Limelight</i> definitely won't cut it as the "hold music" which the suicide prevention hotline uses!

I was drawn to Alizée because of the youthful, energetic optimism she projected in her earlier work. <i>Moi... Lolita</i> turned lemons into lemonade with a respite at the disco in town. And even if <i>Mademoiselle Juliette</i> was destined by William to perish, she still didn't let it spoil the party. I suppose it is possible that people in despair might find some camaraderie in listening to a song like <i>Limelight</i>, or that it would help character development as part of a musical play. It's just not a <big>single</big> I would pay for were it not sung by a beloved musical friend of mine.

Anything to hear your voice once again, dear Alizée; I have not forgotten how happy you could make me feel in a sad and crazy world...

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-17-2010 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: expand