Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hello again, ladies and gentlemen of the forum.

It's come to my attention that our contributions to the website "Charts In France" have caught their attention. And actually surprised a number of froggy folks there. And so I'd like to thank everyone so far. Hey, thanks, everyone! So Far!

It's also made me realize that we're now helping Alizée's nefarious plans (to take over the world, of course) in a very real way. We're playing a part in a viral marketing experiment! More importantly, the experiment seems to be working...

But it's not over yet - no siree, not by a longshot. And the question's been asked: "can we do it again?" But I wasn't sure. Can anybody here do it again, for Alizée?

TO GET TO THE POINT, ALREADY... (!)
The same website, ChartsInFrance.net, has now (on wed.) put up the exact same type of page for the new single, "Les Collines". So once again, we should try to weigh in on this. Let em know over there that we're listening in over here. I added the links onto my sig, so now you just have to click below and there you go!

If you didn't hear all this before (or didn't go comment about "Limelight" yet), it's never too late. Just click below, then when you're on the ChartsInFrance page, scroll down, down, and down. There you'll see the comments posted about the song you've chosen. Below those is the button marked "Ajouter un Commentaire", (which means "add a comment"). Click that, and you're off! No fees, no signups, you don't even hafta leave your name or e-mail or anything. ALSO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW OR WRITE IN FRENCH. In fact, the point IS to let 'em know we're American. And that we're paying attention from way over here.

Just keep it short and sweet, that's the main thing. You can leave a name if you want, mention AlizéeAmerica.com if so desired, and you can write it all in English, or Spanish, or Swahili if you prefer. So don't be afraid. They're way more scared of us, anyway.

Again, thanks to those who posted comments about "Limelight" already. And thanks in advance for doing it for "Les Collines". Hey, you're part of TeamAlizée now! Give yourselves all a big hand!
Well it looks like we are getting some people posting. Great work Chuck !
It would be nice to get a few more people doing it. I find it rather humorous (and sort of sad) that some of the French people there simply don't believe we are for real.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well it looks like we are getting some people posting. Great work Chuck !
It would be nice to get a few more people doing it. I find it rather humorous (and sort of sad) that some of the French people there simply don't believe we are for real.
I will try posting mine again, but I submit it and it shows the green check that it was submitted. But then awhile later I go back and see that mine is not on there on Limelight or Les Collines. So if anyone can help me troubleshoot that would be great. My fingers are tired of typing....haha but I'll post again in Keyboarding tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
No way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Actually, way.
Nonono...you guys are doin' it wrong!

Regardez, svp:

Get it right next time, huh? Jeez...!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
I will try posting mine again, but I submit it and it shows the green check that it was submitted. But then awhile later I go back and see that mine is not on there on Limelight or Les Collines. So if anyone can help me troubleshoot that would be great. My fingers are tired of typing....haha but I'll post again in Keyboarding tomorrow.
Are you going to the last page to check? The newest posts are on the last page, not the first. My post showed up, so it worked fine for me.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Are you going to the last page to check? The newest posts are on the last page, not the first. My post showed up, so it worked fine for me.
ahh i see...i shall go look again right now...thanks!

HAHAHA this is what I posted again over there:

J'aime beaucoup la façon dont tous les Français sont du genre: «Quoi? Alizée a une énorme base de fans en Amérique? Qui neuf? Nous devons lui dire qu'elle peut vendre ses chansons là-bas! Yah gars vous devez absolument visiter AlizeeAmerica.com. Je veux juste dire que j'aime google.translate.com.

I really like how all the French are like, "What? Alizee has a huge fanbase in America? Who new? We should tell her so she can sell her songs over there!" Yah guys you should definitely visit AlizeeAmerica.com. I just want to say I love google.translate.com.

Last edited by User22; 02-18-2010 at 11:05 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 11:37 PM

CALJ35 is on a distinguished road

ALS really summed up this new song. The first thing that struck me about the song was how monotonous it was. I really hope this is not one of the better tracks on the new album. And, you shouln't have to listen to the song more than once to decide if you like it. This is pop music (as far as I know) and pop doesn't require that you develop a taste for a particular track.

Last edited by CALJ35; 02-18-2010 at 11:41 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALJ35 View Post
ALS really summed up this new song. The first thing that struck me about the song was how monotonous it was. I really hope this is not one of the better tracks on the new album. And, you shouln't have to listen to the song more than once to decide if you like it. This is pop music (as far as I know) and pop doesn't require that you develop a taste for a particular track.
It can't be monotonous since there was a countless number of pitches she gave off, and the vocoder helped///the music could have made it seem a bit mono though....
Old 02-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Default Mistake in lyrics

On the youtube posting from Alizeeofficial for Les Collines!

Alizée sings:

New York I'm sorry, I loved you so...
But I have to go...

the lyrics posted are:

New York I'm sorry, I have to go
And I loved you so

Dont know if you guys caught that, but for me personally, it was a good laugh!

/me grumbles about the dam automerger for "double posting..."
/me sticks out tongue at the "automerger!" :P

My post to "Chartsinfrance"

Edcognito from Alizéeamerica.com!

I'm not normally a fan of techno or electronic or whatever, but I have to say Les Collines and Limelight have really caught my attention! I have pre-ordered the Limited Edition, and am looking forward to Alizée (someday) playing in America!

Merci Alizée!

Edcognito d'Alizéeamerica.com !
I' ; m pas normalement un ventilateur du techno ou électronique ou celui qui, mais moi devions indiquer Les Collines et feux de la rampe ont vraiment attrapé mon attention !
Je pre-ordered l'édition limitée, et l'AM attendant avec intérêt Alizée (un jour) jouant en Amérique !

Merci Alizée !

Thanks also to Babblefish translator!

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 02-19-2010 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-19-2010, 02:06 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking Thanks All! (& don't stop yet!) - Plus a caution.

Ed, Aaron, everyone else - Nice job! Thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks !!!!! It looks like we're driving them crazy over there!!!

But a little caution - DON'T WORRY ABOUT TRYING TO TRANSLATE INTO FRENCH!!!! Just use everyday English. Add any old expressions or slang terms you want! But esp if you're depending on an online translator, DON'T!!!!

The reasons I say this are a) they're pretty good with English there already, and b) Strange mistakes will occur, guaranteed. Aaron accidentally wrote "Who new" then translated that to "qui neuf" instead of "qui savait" (who knew); likewise, Edcognito said he's a not normally a ventilator. (I should hope you're not, Ed! ) Bless you both no matter what, though! I'm sure we're getting through to them that we're NOT a hoax, that we really ARE Alizée's American fans, and that we may actually even outnumber them! (Heaven forbid!)

Great goin' all y'all! And isn't this fun? Bye 4 now, Chuck.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:24 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

new update: just wanna add, i really like this song. a lot.

I am also really liking the mix of French / English, it is kinda nice understanding some words here and there.

I hope a lot of the other songs are a mix as well.