Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Big fan of SooYoung and IU

Lucian_RO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

Not blaming or anything, but just an observation: I feel a lot of them have left here and went to the SNSD forum. I don't know if I'm right or not, but certainly seems like it. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I mean, you find a new interest, you move on. Perfectly natural. Just pointing out what I've observed so far.
Yeah, Soshified is a nice forum (the only thing I don't like about it is that there are too many 13 year olds there). I don't know how Jung and Barrett managed to get so many members interested in SNSD, their success makes me think they're great promoters or at least they're very persuasive.

After a posting frenzy on Soshified (by my standards anyway), I found that I said most of what I had to say, so I can't add much without repeating myself. I just get inactive (don't post anymore, but still continue to read) on most forums after some time, as I'm always looking for something new and interesting. I suppose more people are doing the same, but some of them continue to come here as guests.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:34 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So I've noticed recently that all those that were active when I first joined.. well, they're all gone. Seriously, I'm going to say all but like 2 of the people that were active back then are still active today, and those 2 are Jalen and Fall, and Fall hasn't been too active recently either.

I miss the old crowd. Not that there's anything wrong with the current guys! (I love ya'll. ) But I'm just saying, it seems like the old generation has died off. It's understandable to be busy, but hey! I'm busy as heck and I still find time to come here. It's a little detrimental to my social life perhaps, but I'm still here.

Not blaming or anything, but just an observation: I feel a lot of them have left here and went to the SNSD forum. I don't know if I'm right or not, but certainly seems like it. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I mean, you find a new interest, you move on. Perfectly natural. Just pointing out what I've observed so far.
Actually the guys that you're alluding to are not really the old generation, though I understand to you they are because they were here when you joined. To me the old generation would be Brad, Ben, Deep, Espire, Moe, RMJ and a bunch more you probably never even heard of ;-)

As far as anyone leaving to another forum... many of us have belonged to various forums and communities for a while and continue to join others though we've never created any drama about leaving to another site, of course I can't speak for everyone ;-)

As far as anyone having any significant impact on this forum for leaving, many have come and gone. Though no one would be more significant then the founder of this forum I would think yet has anyone even noticed that he's gone or how about the newest owner does everyone know when he's around and when he's not, how much impact does this have ??

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 10-09-2010 at 12:36 AM..
Old 10-09-2010, 01:37 AM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Let's be realistic here, guys.
I'm pretty sure that they just forgot their passwords, is all.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian_RO View Post
Yeah, Soshified is a nice forum (the only thing I don't like about it is that there are too many 13 year olds there).
Well I can't help but make the same comparison to this forum. Part of the reason I don't post very much is because it is the same users spamming every thread. I mean the post count for some people is ridiculous.

I sound like an old man but it's just annoying and I don't think I'm the only one with this opinion. Members who have been here a long time can't get much of a word in before a thread is hijacked and taken over. Plus having to wade through pages just to get the info you want gets kinda old. Like in the pic threads it seems like there is one picture per 2 pages of comments. Then in regular threads pictures are posted for no reason. And in this section it's pretty much insanity.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:47 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Although I post occasionally, the flash chat was my favorite aspect of AA. Since it's now gone...I don't come here like I used to.
I miss the Flashchat and all the fun people that were there.

Regards,

Jung

Old 10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I lurked around here a while before joining in Dec. 2006. At that time Alizée had already been out of the picture for about 2 years. The only thing people had to hold on to was a note that Alizée released saying she was in the studio and would be back.

I was a noob then, but I learned a lot from the members that were then active. 2007 was a great year to be participating on this forum. The discussions were substantive. As new waves of noobs would arrive, I found that I could now help to answer their questions. But as each new wave appeared, I became more and more tired of revisiting the same old questions over and over again. I also found that I had basically talked myself out. There wasn't anything new left to say unless Alizée provided us with something new to talk about.

I am just as interested in Alizée and her music as I was in the beginning. I am usually here every day. I just don't post much because there is very little new information to talk about right now. And no offense intended, but it's not likely that I will post in some of the newer threads that have been created. Like everyone one else here, there are subjects that may interest some, and not others.

I really do miss many of the members that were active here in 2006-2007. Some have already been mentioned, but I would also like to mention Cooney, Garçoncanadien and Amélie. But a forum also needs new blood from time to time and so I appreciate the newer members as well. I just wish some of the old members would drop by occasionally and let us know how they are doing.

I think my experience is just a process that most members eventually go through. Some will end up leaving and some will stay like I have. The ones that leave either lose interest in Alizée, or they still like Alizée but just lose interest in the forum. But for the ones that stay, it's not uncommon for their frequency of posts to drop off. And no doubt there are some who stay for the friendships they have created, even if they have lost some of their interest in Alizée.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:56 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yeah, i think that number of actual members, as in those that post at least every once a while, is probably at most maybe 100ish.. Most of them either have just 1 post, or none at all.
930 just saying
Old 10-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
930 just saying
LIES!!!!! your post count (as of now) says 929!

Old 10-09-2010, 03:55 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I lurked around here a while before joining in Dec. 2006. At that time Alizée had already been out of the picture for about 2 years. The only thing people had to hold on to was a note that Alizée released saying she was in the studio and would be back.

I was a noob then, but I learned a lot from the members that were then active. 2007 was a great year to be participating on this forum. The discussions were substantive. As new waves of noobs would arrive, I found that I could now help to answer their questions. But as each new wave appeared, I became more and more tired of revisiting the same old questions over and over again. I also found that I had basically talked myself out. There wasn't anything new left to say unless Alizée provided us with something new to talk about.

I am just as interested in Alizée and her music as I was in the beginning. I am usually here every day. I just don't post much because there is very little new information to talk about right now. And no offense intended, but it's not likely that I will post in some of the newer threads that have been created. Like everyone one else here, there are subjects that may interest some, and not others.

I really do miss many of the members that were active here in 2006-2007. Some have already been mentioned, but I would also like to mention Cooney, Garçoncanadien and Amélie. But a forum also needs new blood from time to time and so I appreciate the newer members as well. I just wish some of the old members would drop by occasionally and let us know how they are doing.

I think my experience is just a process that most members eventually go through. Some will end up leaving and some will stay like I have. The ones that leave either lose interest in Alizée, or they still like Alizée but just lose interest in the forum. But for the ones that stay, it's not uncommon for their frequency of posts to drop off. And no doubt there are some who stay for the friendships they have created, even if they have lost some of their interest in Alizée.
Very good points Lefty as always and yes I agree 2007 was a very good year to be here, even though we had nothing but hopes and dreams it was a lot more enjoyable then. The discussions were a lot more enthusiastic and less negative as well back then ;-)

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 10-09-2010 at 04:22 PM..
Old 10-09-2010, 05:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post

The same applies to me. I look for meaningful threads to post in and there's been so few lately. We have ones like her hair or her teeth, that just don't do enough to draw my attention.

I used to look in on chat fairly often, but it seems the only times I realy got into any meaningful conversations in were ones where MerciAlizee was there, and for a while, I wasn't seeing him, so I stopped looking in there.

I'm always thinking of new ways to promote her. I posted a new idea the other day, not to mention the ones I'm still working on.

I posted a new remix video at the end of august that took a lot of time and I'm trying to come up with some ideas for a new one, but it's tough when you have so little new material. You can only use the same video clips so many times.

Bottom line it's real news that keeps people coming back here and there's been so little of that. After a long silence we hear that Alizée wants to do a tour when the band she used to make her last album is back from their own tour, but still that's so little to go on. Maybe they'll want to take a break when they get back and not want to go back on the road for a while.
Who knows how long it might be til she tours again? In the mean time we are left in the dark because she likes to keep her life so private. So fans drift away.

She doesn't communicate with us because she likes to keep her personnal life private and I think that was something that was also instilled in her too, by MF. The thing is, Mylene gets away with it because when ever her fans drift away, she just comes out with another great album, where as Alizée's last album, certainly wasn't a bad album, but if you judge by the reaction of the French people, it paled in comparison to Farmer's.

If Alizée wants to keep her fan base from falling apart, she needs to do more and she needs to communicate more. By doing more, I mean something like maybe producing another music video. Produced by someone who knows what they're doing. Les Collines, except for the fur coat, was a low budget affair. If she wants to last, if she wants to matter, she has her work cut out for her.