Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
PLEASEEE, let the rumors be true!
Old 07-05-2020, 03:44 PM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajue View Post
PLEASEEE, let the rumors be true!
Amen.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 07-06-2020 at 11:45 AM..
Old 07-05-2020, 03:48 PM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

I would love to see Alizee singing again, but I'm not that excited to see her re-release her old recordings. I have already seen her sing those tunes thousands of times. If she releases something new, even if that music was already recorded by another artist that would suggest she is getting serious about her career again. If she is only milking her old tunes for a few last drops, that would be a disappointment.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:58 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We probably know more about the matter than whoever wrote this article, but... hope dies last!

I see this surprise as a simple gift for her fans. Honestly I don't know if the vinyls are something that may interest every fan or only the collectors, but it's a nice thing to have. If a friend or a relative gave me a vinyl for Christmas, I would be super happy (even though I wouldn't even know how to listen to it lol).

I don't know if there is something else behind this idea (potential earnings or the possibility to be back to sing again), but a good response would be nothing but a good boost to her self-confidence (as a singer).
I don't know why everything is so complicated about Alizée's career... Maybe all the discussions we have made about these matters are common to other singers' fans too, but everything always seems so complex with her.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's probably a costly venture to have two albums cut in vinyl. They've probably lost a good amount of money from all the dance classes that were cancelled, so why take a risky venture like this? Mostly those songs came out 18 to 20 years ago. What would make them think the fans were there in numbers enough to make this worthwhile?
I welcome your optimism about her musical efforts Scruffy, but I seriously doubt any of this is actually Alizée's doing. For the last year, maybe couple of years, someone, perhaps MF/LB has been resurrecting that era of her career. Through uploading the audio to YouTube, the remixes, HD videos, instrumentals, etc. And add this new surprise on the 20th anniversary of ML, I'm sure it was part of the plan. There's no way all of that happened only because Alizée wanted it so, for this very reason:

Quote:
Another thought just came to mind. There were probably thousands of pictures they could have chosen to release with the news of these two vinyl albums. Is it just a coincidence they chose one with Mylene Farmer in it?"

Something else came to mind. Obviously she'll have to work with a record company on this project.
The above highlighted parties stand the most to gain from any kind of re-release of material (especially from that era), at least in the short term. A resurrection of Alizée's career could trump that, but it is a long shot at this point. At any rate, I'm happy to have news about her music

Also, good to see you here again LLDS!
Old 07-06-2020, 02:06 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The article doesn't present any new information, more so covering a few things that could be interpreted as 'hints' of a new album. There are 3 things the article uses as evidence of this rumour; The Vinyl releases announced a few days ago, Alizee's performance of Moi Lolita and other songs on Jaka to Melodia, and her involvement with the Julia project.

Starting with the Julia project, as far as I know the only involvement Alizee had was helping out Julia with her choreography. Perhaps there was some more stuff going on behind the scenes, maybe Alizee gave some input on how the project should be marketed or how Julia should present herself based on Alizee's experience in a very similar situation, but any involvement of such would've been minimal I imagine.
I don't think Mylene asking Alizee to help out a bit for Julia's sake was too big of an ask or a hint of something more to come between Alizee and Mylene. I'm sure Alizee was simply happy to help out and that's as far as it went, though that's just what I'd interpret.

Then there's the performance of Moi Lolita on Jaka to Melodia. The article says she had announced a withdrawal from performing the song live some time ago, I don't know when that was but she also performed the song during the Warsaw 2018 concert. Did the announced withdrawal come some time after 2018? Because 1 and a half years is not very long of a break when she isn't doing many gigs anyway.
So perhaps there is something to this observation, though honestly I think it's more likely that Alizee backed down from what she'd said because gigs such as Jaka to Melodia would understandably want her to sing her most well-known song. If the singing of Moi Lolita at Jaka to Melodia and possibly also Warsaw is all part of some long-term scheme to drop hints at a new album that would be an incredible feat of planning that seems highly unlikely anyone would actually go through with.

And of course there's the announcement of the Vinyl Releases. Yes, it's being done under Sony and Requiem with Mylene seemingly part of the promotional material, but I'm not sure their involvement suggests anything new to come otherwise.
If anything, the two previous 'hints' at a new album may be true, but only to tease the release of the Vinyls rather than new music. All these examples are either partly of fully related to the MF & LB days with Alizee's first 2 albums. Of course it's possible that if there were to be a new album one day it could be in collaboration with MF and LB, but it would still need to be its own new thing.

So to sum up; the hints provided in the article don't substantiate too much if you look at the context behind them, and if they are intended to tease something new it may have just been for the Vinyl releases at the end of the year.

If this is all part of a long-term plan to drop hints at something bigger then well played. But that just seems too outlandish, especially considering how things like the birth of Maggy and Covid-19 can and have happened that have a major affect on Alizee's personal life. I think the article may be onto something, but that 'something' is more likely the Vinyl releases, perhaps some other promotional stuff but likely nothing more, but of course we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
I imagine once the magazines get a hold of this story, they'll want to know more. Maybe we'll have an interview in a week or two which might shed more light on this.
An interview would be very interesting to hear, though I'm not sure if that's something she'd be desperate to do at the moment. Hopefully if she does do one soon it will reveal some interesting information.

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 07-06-2020 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 07-06-2020, 03:42 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I would doubt very much that any new material is going to happen at this stage but am most pleased that the first 2 albums are to be released on vinyl.
Can't wait to get them. Has there been a release date announced yet?
Hopefully they'll sell well enough that Sony will consider releasing the rest of her albums on vinyl too.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:48 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Can't wait to get them. Has there been a release date announced yet?
Hopefully they'll sell well enough that Sony will consider releasing the rest of her albums on vinyl too.
They'll be available in time for Christmas but that's all we know so far.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:50 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

That's great news.
Nice Christmas present for myself!
Old 07-06-2020, 06:42 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
This makes ne wonder: will we ever see Psychédélices and UEDS on her YouTube channel, Spotify and other platforms like these?

She made this two albums with Jeremy, so there may be problems with copyright, I guess.
Do you know anything about this matter?
I was thinking that if the vinyls sell well, she may buy the rights of these two albums... Or Mylene's record company could buy them.