Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

While it's cool that I can sit on my couch tonight and see Alizee on the "Tube" (for you youngster's out there, TV's used to be a really wide tubes) I really don't think we should get our hopes up as this being some kind of catalyst for something big. I mean C'mon, a short cameo on a Mexican soap opera isn't going to garner the type of attention we would hope.

Regardless, I will forgo the beating from my wife when I change the channel tonight just to see her on my tube.

-B

Alizee is my Constant
Old 05-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Yes that is it, but it's going to be on television here in the US, thats the whole point, so us Americans can see Alizée on our t.v.'s for once lol.
ooooh, ok, yeah i get it.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool B View Post
I really don't think we should get our hopes up as this being some kind of catalyst for something big. I mean C'mon, a short cameo on a Mexican soap opera isn't going to garner the type of attention we would hope.
You think so ?
Like how many hispanic guys are down there in the states? Millions. As far as I know most of the Mexican people in the states like to watch the Mexican Soap Operas, and Las Tontas was big hit in Mexico.
And even though Alizée's appearance was kind of short, it was important in the episode, so...

Miguel, do you know who is that girl -Alizée-?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Just seeing Alizée on TV in the US is cool enough. It may not lead to anything big, but it might get her noticed by a few more people here. Even just a few new Alizée fans in the US is better than nothing.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:03 PM

i wonder why she has so many more fans in Mexico than the US.. what happened in Mexcio(other than the concert) that hasn't happened here in terms of Alizee's publicity?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

English summary of tonight's epsiode (plus past shows, some where they talked about Alizée as well):

http://caraycaray.blogspot.com/2009/...ell-whole.html

Question: did anyone record this with closed captions on? I didn't think to!

Anyway, the relevant bits from the blog:

Quote:
Las Tontas Thurs 5/14 - Pau pouts, Santi sways, Meño moons, and Alizée!

Over at the big house Lucia tells Santi and Rocio that her BFF Mini West who moved to England is coming to visit. Mini shows up, hugs all around, and Lucia asks what brings Mini to Mexico. Mini tells them she's come with her father who plays in Alizée's band. "WHAT?!?!?" gasps Santi. Alizée? Alizée?? Alizée??? He loves the French singer Alizée!

To prove it he starts swaying his hips and singing her song J'en ai Marre, i.e. I'm Fed Up. (However her line in French is "I have soft skin" and the way he sings it in Spanish it sounds like either "I'm stuffed" or "I'm your lint" or something entirely different I think. I'm not sure because the closed caps weren't working tonight.)

Santi is impactado and Lucia says if Mini can get tix to Alizée's concert her dad will be the happiest man in the world. To prove it he does his funny hip sway and bats Rocio out of the way. Donato joins him and they sway in duo until Santi bats a giggling Rocio again with his hips. (Will Alizée be a guest on this show? If so what a coup! Moi Lolita is probably her most famous song.)

A family helper drops off the Alizée tickets to Mini and the Santi family stands around wondering how many tix are in the envelope. Pau thinks certainly enough for all of them. Mini gives a reality check and says dad probably couldn't get that many. Santi snatches the envelope and peeks inside, Mini counts 1, 2, 3 and Santi says "what's with your miserable papa?" Lucia scolds and Santi composes himself, who will be the lucky ones to go with him to the concert?

Tontas no Van Friday 5/15 If you talk, you’re busted. If you’re silent, can you be trusted?

Santi has the tickets for the Alizée concert. Remember he was only getting three? Well, who’s going to go, as Isabel, Jaime, Lucía, Rocío, Paulina and Mini West gather around. It was Santi’s idea, so he’s going. But who will be the other two? Paulina votes for her and Rocío, their “family”. As Santi hugs Lucía, Isa points out that they’re ALL family. Isa and Jaime then bow out, they’ve seen enough concerts at their age. And Lucía has too many exams. So that seems to leave Santi, Pau and Rocío anyway. But Santi nixes that, he wants to go with Candy and Rocío. And believe it or not, Rocío agrees, after some smooth talking by Santi, leaving Pau to walk off in disgust.

Tontas Tuesday May 19, '09 Well, A Whole Lotta Things AMOST Happened Tonight

Switch from there to the Alizée concert. Our French chanteuse looks more like a mom and less like that enchanting nymphet that danced so bewitchingly in the video Sylvia linked last Thursday. But no matter. Santiago is wild with enthusiasm and jumping up and down like a teenager. Candy is looking embarrassed. (Lord! what a wet blanket she's going to be in this relationship.) Fortunately, he ignores her and goes on shaking and baking.

Soledad, Cece and Barbara are back at the apartment commiserating that they can only buy the Alizée CD. Lucky Candy is actually at the concert. (But not enjoying herself. He should have taken someone else, honestly. Like maybe Lulu...or Hortensia. Oh well.)

Back to the dressing room. Santiago's babbling his praises of Alizée in Spanish and Candy's translating into French. Some words she pronounces well, others badly. Then she pulls a fast one on Santiago and makes him believe Alizée wants him to take her around Mexico for 2 weeks and show her the sights. He gets nervous; plants a big kiss on Candy to show he's taken, and off they go. Just as well since our French chanteuse was tired and needed a break.

These scenes are broken up with some humor. Eduardo's drooling at the thought of Santiago being in the same dressing room with Alizée. Seems he's not getting any at home and he's feeling....well....deprived and depressed. Santiago fakes a gay accent, then a French accent and pretends to be Alizée dancing. Dancing superb. Accent not so much.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:15 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I taped it since I was still going to be at work. It was so much better watching it on TV over the YouTube video.

She looked outstanding as usual.

I have four Spanish channels on my Fios at work and no Univision.
Lucky for me my DirecTV at home has the channel.

I was wondering if anyone DVR'ed it and can up load it to the net.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
English summary of tonight's epsiode (plus past shows, some where they talked about Alizée as well):

http://caraycaray.blogspot.com/2009/...ell-whole.html

Question: did anyone record this with closed captions on? I didn't think to!

Anyway, the relevant bits from the blog:
thanks for that ben!
all that i saw was the little clip that futureraptorace put up, and i despite taking spanish for four years, i had NO clue what was going on.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 PM

Vorock is on a distinguished road

Alizée's face when they kissed is priceless!
Old 09-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

shes so HOTT!

Tags
alizee, united states