Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road
Cool Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes (Updated)

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

The purpose of this message is two fold. First, to let you all know that I am now the owner of Alizée America. Brad will stick around as an administrator, so no need for teary farewells, but obviously any questions that you may have directed toward him in the past should now come to me. Second is to talk about what this means for the future of the site. Over three years Brad nurtured Alizée America into, in my opinion, the very best English language community dedicated to our fée clochette. So for that let's offer him our deepest thanks, gratitude, and congratulations! Because Brad did such a great job, more things will stay the same here than will change. There might be a few tweaks along the way, but our clean layout and laid back approach isn't going anywhere. And the podcast especially is a feature I want to keep going and growing!

But why stop there? Though the USA will always remain our focus, I recently created the "apprendre l'anglais" forum as a way to reach out to our international friends. We're looking for bilingual members to staff it, so drop us a line if you're interested! We should also draw more attention to the fantastic creative work that comes out of this community. I have a few ideas in mind, but the first is the new fan art area. Please bear with us as we migrate old posts! In addition, our video section was one of the main reasons Brad started this site, so we'll resume regular updates there as well. In the years since we started, however, streaming quality on places like YouTube has increased dramatically, and I'd like to upgrade ours to compete. We'll be experimenting with this, so stay tuned!

Last, and this is something more general that will happen over time, I'd like to slightly tweak the focus of this website. Alizée has enjoyed tremendous success in Mexico thanks to grassroots fan support. While hurdles like aversion to foreign-language music present a challenge to replicating that success in the United States and Canada, it's not impossible. Alizée America should be a platform for that promotion. We're already a gateway to the world of Alizée online, but we can also be on the streets and in the media, showing people what they're missing. I hope we can work together with other fan sites to set up teams of people across the country, like I began to do with Lilly Town New York.

We'll always be a resource where fans can come for the latest news, media, or just to chat. But I'd like for us to also be a place where people give as well as receive - a site with a mission. Because Alizée as an artist, and we as her fans, deserve a chance at her being successful here. Please don't hesitate to post any questions or suggestions you might have about this or anything else. Whether we reach our goals or not, it's sure to be quite an adventure. Hope you join us for the ride!

Thanks for reading,

Ben
Owner, AlizeeAmerica.com
Old 05-25-2009, 11:10 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

I think it's great news that you're taking over the site and want to keep things the way they are for the most part. And promoting Alizée in the US is a worthy goal but I think she will have to actively participate in such an effort for it to be successful. Best of luck with everything you want to do with this great fan site.

And thanks to Brad for starting it all!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

Congratulations, Ben!

When Brad posted his message about the site possibly being for sale, you were the first person that came to my mind.

We're all on this ride together, looks like the fun will continue.

Also, a big thank you to Brad for all of the time and effort you put in.

The Fée Clochette has been greatly blessed to have both of you at her sides!

Once again, congratulations to you, Ben! I look forward to meeting you one day in the "City That Never Sleeps".

AAA
Old 05-25-2009, 11:36 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Good luck Ben! I know you will do a fantastic job with the site. I can't wait to see future updates and new changes
Old 05-25-2009, 11:41 PM

Alizee Nation is on a distinguished road

Well, this is exciting news!

I have always enjoyed the site, the layout and the members. Ben, I am happy for you. I know this will be a labor of love and will result in a continuation of an excellent product.

aw
Alizee Nation
Old 05-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Oh AW, I always wondered if you had an account here, didn't realize that was you! Thanks all, especially Brad!

If you notice a few things offline the next couple days, it's probably just DNS resolving the new server. Let me know if they persist.

Oh man, it's too weird posting from this account...
Old 05-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Turn and face the strange.... oh sorry, ahem,

Thank you Brad for all the hard work you put into the site and handing over what you created because you knew it could be more but didn't have the time to invest, you are still here with us though so that is good .

Congratulations Ben, I feel good with the site being in your hands, looking forward to the days to come.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

A couple years from now we may all stare into the profile pages of the new members and say:
"We knew Ben before he became the owner of this website"
Old 05-26-2009, 12:22 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

I can't imaging anyone more suitable for this position then you Ben !! Honestly, your dedication is compared to none in my opinion, add to that your well mannered & well balanced character and you have a wining combination. If I knew you were interested I wouldn't have spoken hypothetically to Brad, my respect and sincere best wishes to you with this site !!

Brad we have nothing but love and respect for you, I think you know that already.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 05-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Congratulations ben, take good care of it. I'll be around if you need any help. Just drop me a line. C'ya