Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
Well any idea how did Shanghai come into picture???
Well, I guess they were interested in asking about concert in non-European countries. So, they asked about Mexico and Shanghai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner360 View Post
an even better question is:
who wants to pay for my ticket to go to the Mexico concert?
That's what I'm thinking too.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I am trying to decide if Sumi never heard a couple weeks weeks ago that she was going to tour in Shanghai, or if he was just asking why they talked about Shanghai...

But anyway, yah i wish there was a video for this one
Old 06-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I am trying to decide if Sumi never heard a couple weeks weeks ago that she was going to tour in Shanghai, or if he was just asking why they talked about Shanghai...

But anyway, yah i wish there was a video for this one
Yes he heard about the Shanghai concert before.

There is no video for the interview yet.

If they upload the video then I'll post it here.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:16 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Well, I guess they were interested in asking about concert in non-European countries. So, they asked about Mexico and Shanghai...

The were helping her to promote herself by focusing on upcoming events and successes. Nice of them.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
The were helping her to promote herself by focusing on upcoming events and successes. Nice of them.
That's really a much better explanation.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:18 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
[SIZE="3"]NRJ: Are you awake Alizée?
Cool. Thanks for the translation. Good job... Aaron.
This sort of thing always hurts me. She will go perform somewhere and I can't go. It's envy. I think that I am going to miss out on something and don't even know how good it will be! But, having been at performances before, I do wish to see what a new performance might be like.

And I think the question is (as has been asked before) why Shanghai? I guess deals are made, people know people, opportunity arises and she takes it.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Cool. Thanks for the translation. Good job... Aaron.
This sort of thing always hurts me. She will go perform somewhere and I can't go. It's envy. I think that I am going to miss out on something and don't even know how good it will be! But, having been at performances before, I do wish to see what a new performance might be like.

And I think the question is (as has been asked before) why Shanghai? I guess deals are made, people know people, opportunity arises and she takes it.
At least you have seen some performances before. Most of us haven't even seen her. Everyone wants to see all performances. For last 3 years, I have been hearing about the performances and missed each one of them just because I couldn't go to those places. Maybe this will continue for some more time. So, good luck to all those who will attend her concerts and see her performing live

Many people wondered about the concert in Shanghai. Some might try to relate this to album sales in Japan, but I don't think that it has anything to do with it. She visited Japan 7 years ago and that's an old story.

There are some fans in China and neighboring countries. There is a little interaction between Chinese forums and other forums. Instead of buying her albums individually, they order it in bulk to Hong Kong and then it is sent to China and other places according to the orders made by members. This is for giving a little idea about there.

Her concert in Shanghai has nothing to do with the fanbase or things like that. Only reason I see is the Expo 2010. You can read more about this here :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expo_2010

and

http://en.expo2010.cn/

Also she has confirmed in this interview that she will perform in this Expo only(Universal Exhibition).

There are few things to notice. First it is a fair organised in China (in Shanghai this year).
It is most expensive fair in the history of the world. Chinese govt. has invested huge amount of money in this and their main aim to show the rise of China on the economic front. They want to excel in every field and show this to world too. Last Olympic was a good example. They worked hard to finish at the top in the medal tally. They want to show their economic strength with this expo. That's why they are trying to make it huge and successful. Many countries from all over the globe are participating in it.

I recommend everyone to read that wikipedia article.

So, how Alizée and her concert comes into the scene?

Expo Music is a big part of the Expo. As one can see that it is a big event in terms of participation and performances.

We all know that UEdS hasn't done well in terms of sales. Now everything depends on the concerts and live performances. She badly needs those to be successful. I hope that these concerts will go well. They added Shanghai in the list for this only. The amount of money and participation involved in the Expo will ensure that this concert is successful. They must have seen an good opportunity where the fanbase doesn't matter. Although she will sing French, people will come to see her. They will pay for it even if they don't know about her. It might be more expensive than her concerts at other places. Overall, I guess, it's a good idea to perform there, at least from the business point of view.

Some people were shocked by seeing Shanghai in the list as it doesn't has a huge fanbase. But everything is driven is driven by the money. I'm sure that it's always biggest factor in deciding the locations. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

I don't know what will happen there. All we can hope is that everything goes well. She is at most important point of her career.

P.S.
If anyone is planning to attend the Shanghai concert then let me tell you one thing. Make an early decision. If you are late then you won't get air tickets and hotel rooms. All those will be booked very early as many people will go there from all parts of the world. One may face lot of difficulty because of that. Shanghai is an expensive city. You can contact Chines forums for help of you go there. It's members are helpful.

I totally forgot this, good work by Aaron. Thanks for it.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 06-12-2010 at 05:13 AM..
Old 06-12-2010, 04:42 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks MA for the explanation. I wanted to know how she suddenly decided about a concert in Shanghai. Good work there.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:49 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Yeah, thanks MA for the details. So, that explains it.
That thing is going for six months!

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 06-12-2010 at 05:56 AM..
Old 06-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Yeah, thanks MA for the details. So, that explains it.
That thing is going for six months!
Yeah, it's biggest by all means.

Wait, are you hoping that she does concerts for six months?

Tags
alizee, l6/9, nrj