Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
They have reason. Now me, I have a very strong suspicion bordering on certainty as to why Alizée is taking the attitude she is towards her career, which I can't talk about, and it's understandable. But as long as she is taking this ambivalent attitude and her fans in general don't understand why, it looks as if she doesn't give a damn about them. And that's not good.

At some point, she's going to have to make a decision. Does she want to pursue a musical career, or not? If she does, then it may be necessary to make a certain sacrifice. I will say no more.
....I don't even know what to think nowadays. These are hard times for us Lilly fans...

Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel...
Old 08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
....I don't even know what to think nowadays. These are hard times for us Lilly fans...

Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel...
Yea it is hard out here for a lilly fan now and days, but I know for sure there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

It is.. different being an Alizée for sure.

Especially since I caught on after the high tides of her career. The things that she did professional that caught my eyes are now gone, and everything about her has changed so much as well.

Kinda feels like I rushed to California at the end of the Gold Rush.. or I enlisted in 1945 and missed out.. or I became a Bulls fan at the end of the 90s.. you get the point.

But I sure as hell am still hanging on though.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:23 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Deepwaters I have a strong suspicion I know where your going with this. I don't think she'll do it.

If there was one piece of advice I'd give her.

(1) The first thing she needs to do is get her friends out of her career.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They have reason. Now me, I have a very strong suspicion bordering on certainty as to why Alizée is taking the attitude she is towards her career, which I can't talk about, and it's understandable. But as long as she is taking this ambivalent attitude and her fans in general don't understand why, it looks as if she doesn't give a damn about them. And that's not good.

At some point, she's going to have to make a decision. Does she want to pursue a musical career, or not? If she does, then it may be necessary to make a certain sacrifice. I will say no more.

Ils ont raison. Moi, j'ai une intuition forte, presque la certitude de pourquoi Alizée a l'attitude qu'elle a pour sa carrier, de que je ne peux pas parler, et c'est compréhensible. Mais depuis elle a l'attitude ambigue et les fans en général ne savent pas pourquoi, il semble comme elle n'a rien à faire de ses fans. C'est pas bien.

Finalement, elle doit faire une choix. Est-ce qu'elle veut avoir une cariere de la musique, ou non ? Si oui, peut-être c'est necessaire de faire un sacrifice certain. Je ne dirai pas plus.
What is going on here? Why have we suddenly decided to keep some information to ourselves and not share it with the rest of us? If you didn't plan on informing the rest of us, why bother bringing it up at all? I WANNA KNOWWW!!!

Old 08-12-2010, 03:47 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
What is going on here? Why have we suddenly decided to keep some information to ourselves and not share it with the rest of us? If you didn't plan on informing the rest of us, why bother bringing it up at all? I WANNA KNOWWW!!!
I think (hope!) Deepwaters is just speculating and that Alizée has never given any indication that she thinks music might not be a viable path for her any more. But I'll ditto Wasabi and say that if you know something that the rest of us don't, then please share, even if it's bad news. We'll all have to face it at some time.

Quote:
But as long as she is taking this ambivalent attitude and her fans in general don't understand why, it looks as if she doesn't give a damn about them. And that's not good.
I don't think that the attitude she's taken towards her career could be seen that way. If you're referring to the sudden change to electropop then I think it's only natural that after 3 pop albums she wants to do something different. Her fans must accept that, even if they don't like the change, and realise that she's not doing it out of contempt for the fans, but out of a natural evolution of her musical style.

Another thing that bothers me about the way she's been managing her career is the astonishing lack of promotion for UEDS. I mean, I have friends in France who knew all about her first 2 albums, had heard of her 3rd but had absolutely no idea that a 4th Alizée album is out. This is not good at all, considering France is still one of her main markets.

I don't think that the lack of promotion was a decision on her part - it would be stupid not to promote an album, and we know she's always been up for TV performances/interviews before (she did far more of these in the Psych era) so why not so many now?

I think that the most likely reason for the lack of promotion in France is the fact that people have lost interest - she can't do a TV performance if the TV station doesn't want her on. I think that as a result of her recent decline in popularity and poor sales of Les Collines and UEDS, many French TV stations aren't offering her the airtime she would have had for promoting the album if sales were better.

If I could make a suggestion - it might be possible to let France go and focus on Mexico as her primary market. As far as I know, she hasn't appeared on Mexican TV, done interviews in Spanish or any of those sorts of things yet. Mexico will probably be far more accepting of her and allow her to do many of the promoting she couldn't do in France. But it's probably nowhere near as simple as that or I'm sure she would have done it already.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
I think (hope!) Deepwaters is just speculating and that Alizée has never given any indication that she thinks music might not be a viable path for her any more. But I'll ditto Wasabi and say that if you know something that the rest of us don't, then please share, even if it's bad news. We'll all have to face it at some time.

I don't think that the attitude she's taken towards her career could be seen that way. If you're referring to the sudden change to electropop then I think it's only natural that after 3 pop albums she wants to do something different. Her fans must accept that, even if they don't like the change, and realise that she's not doing it out of contempt for the fans, but out of a natural evolution of her musical style.

Another thing that bothers me about the way she's been managing her career is the astonishing lack of promotion for UEDS. I mean, I have friends in France who knew all about her first 2 albums, had heard of her 3rd but had absolutely no idea that a 4th Alizée album is out. This is not good at all, considering France is still one of her main markets.

I don't think that the lack of promotion was a decision on her part - it would be stupid not to promote an album, and we know she's always been up for TV performances/interviews before (she did far more of these in the Psych era) so why not so many now?

I think that the most likely reason for the lack of promotion in France is the fact that people have lost interest - she can't do a TV performance if the TV station doesn't want her on. I think that as a result of her recent decline in popularity and poor sales of Les Collines and UEDS, many French TV stations aren't offering her the airtime she would have had for promoting the album if sales were better.

If I could make a suggestion - it might be possible to let France go and focus on Mexico as her primary market. As far as I know, she hasn't appeared on Mexican TV, done interviews in Spanish or any of those sorts of things yet. Mexico will probably be far more accepting of her and allow her to do many of the promoting she couldn't do in France. But it's probably nowhere near as simple as that or I'm sure she would have done it already.
It is definitely not due to lack of effort on her part the UEDS was not promoted properly. Remember she did some autograph sessions when the album was released. And we know she just came back from a trip to Israel.

I've mentioned this on the thread that I created: Alizee....Eurovision 2011.
I've read in one of her recent interviews that she was complaining about lack of TV shows where she could sing and promote her new album. According to her, the TV nowadays seem to have more reality shows (which is cheaper to make and more popular/profitable, like here in the US) than variety ones, where she used to guest a lot.

This is why I made that suggestion. At this point in her career, she has nothing or little to lose. She has to try something different. Some people have negative views of Eurovision. But, I'd rather see her participate there than do a Lady Gaga and start shredding off her clothes in order to revive her career. This will also show her current and former fans that she is still very committed to her musical career. And hopefully, she could regain her old fans back, and gain some new fans along the way as well.

I am thinking of posting my request on her official sites on her birthday!

TS: Sorry, I brought this up. This is not an attempt to hijack your thread. I just felt that this is somehow related with what's being discussed here.

Last edited by Jake04; 08-12-2010 at 04:22 PM..
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
It is definitely not due to lack of effort on her part the UEDS was not promoted properly. Remember she did some autograph sessions when the album was released. And we know she just came back from a trip to Israel.
Exactly! She's been making as much effort as she can, it just only goes so far when the French public seems to be working against her. That's why I suggested focusing on Mexico instead.

Quote:
I've mentioned this on the thread that I created: Alizee....Eurovision 2011.

This is why I made that suggestion. At this point in her career, she has nothing or little to lose. She has to try something different. Some people have negative views of Eurovision. But, I'd rather see her participate there than do a Lady Gaga and start shredding off her clothes in order to revive her career. This will also show her current and former fans that she is still very committed to her musical career. And hopefully, she could regain her old fans back, and gain some new fans along the way as well.

I am thinking of posting my request on her official sites on her birthday!

TS: Sorry, I brought this up. This is not an attempt to hijack your thread. I just felt that this is somehow related with what's being discussed here.
Yeah I'm definitely starting to think that your idea would help her career more than hinder it. Four years ago I would have said no because she still had a chance with Psych to revive her career, but at this point, it would probably do wonders for it. Even if she's forgotten quickly (as Eurovision contenders often are), the situation in Europe couldn't be much worse than it is at the moment. And the money she would potentially make from Eurovision would help to finance further promotion etc.

Quote:
I've read in one of her recent interviews that she was complaining about lack of TV shows where she could sing and promote her new album. According to her, the TV nowadays seem to have more reality shows (which is cheaper to make and more popular/profitable, like here in the US) than variety ones, where she used to guest a lot.
I think another good move would be for her to do a bit of online promoting - I mean her blog is very rarely updated and the website isn't great as a synopsis and promoter of her work. But this probably wouldn't be enough.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:34 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

And of course, we can also help her by doing our small part in promoting her.

By the way, I've link this site on the other forum (boxing) that I belong to in order to promote her and this site. I hope the mods don't mind. I just thought that since it has mostly male members, that it would be a good idea to promote her there. Hopefully we'll see some spikes in traffic here.

Last edited by Jake04; 08-12-2010 at 04:37 PM..
Old 08-12-2010, 04:35 PM

OK I'm gonna stop saying what she should and shouldn't do - I'm certain we can rely on her and her team to manage her career to the best of their ability, even if at times it seems as if they could be doing things they're not. It's probably nowhere near as simple as I'm imagining.