Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-07-2019, 01:50 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

For anybody new here that is hesitant to send money to somebody who you know as just a member of a forum, I will 110% vouch for Scruffy as well. In addition to the autograph signing, there were other occasions where he and I exchanged money through PayPal for something or other. He is a man of his word and I never doubt he will do what he says he will.

For many of us here, Alizee is priceless. The world will probably never see anything like her again. AAm is the last fan site in the world dedicated to her where people can still come and enjoy a forum to talk about her. By having our gift accompanied with a list of those who contributed, which can include all or part of our real name, our forum name, and city and country we are from, would show her that she still has fans around the world. Maybe it would be an encouragement for her to make another album Anyway, this gift is a small price to pay for what she has given us.

Maybe in addition to our names, we should allow each member to include one short sentence to say whatever they want? it would even personalize it more.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
For anybody new here that is hesitant to send money to somebody who you know as just a member of a forum, I will 110% vouch for Scruffy as well.
I, too, can assure all members, from my own experience, that Scruffy is 100% trustworthy. Any funds you donate are safe with him. Just send him a private message for the PayPal information.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I agree with the idea that sending the gift after Christmas would be best. It might even take Alizee by surprise.
Actually, the more I think about this option, the better I like it. Sending it after Christmas would probably mean it would get there after the new year. All the more better.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Of course with baby clothing, there's a constant need for larger and larger clothing so in that regard, at any time it's received, it should be appreciated.
That’s very true. A lot of women I know have said they got so many infant things at the beginning, then a couple of months later were disconcerted to realize they suddenly didn’t have enough!
I think the first wave of new things is exciting, but it’s equally—or even more—appreciated a little later when the need is even greater.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:56 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

By having our gift accompanied with a list of those who contributed, which can include all or part of our real name, our forum name, and city and country we are from, would show her that she still has fans around the world. Maybe it would be an encouragement for her to make another album Anyway, this gift is a small price to pay for what she has given us.

Maybe in addition to our names, we should allow each member to include one short sentence to say whatever they want? it would even personalize it more.
I like the idea of including everyone's name, city, and country.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
That’s very true. A lot of women I know have said they got so many infant things at the beginning, then a couple of months later were disconcerted to realize they suddenly didn’t have enough!
I think the first wave of new things is exciting, but it’s equally—or even more—appreciated a little later when the need is even greater.

Is the plan to send a gift certificate or clothes? If we send clothes, I like Bamagirl's idea to send things for a child who is a little older.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i90O...Z5yb3&index=84

Last edited by Shepherd; 11-08-2019 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post

Is the plan to send a gift certificate or clothes? If we send clothes, I like Bamagirl's idea to send things for a child who is a little older.
The plan is to send a gift certificate. I was thinking she might appreciate receiving it even more after the first big rush of gifts, and when she’d be at a point when she needed to buy more things or bigger clothes.

Ideally, I like the idea of getting the gift to her just after the birth, but of course we don’t know the exact date. Then, with the logistics of taking everyone’s donations, getting it purchased, etc. I think the time is short before we find ourselves in the middle of the holidays.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If the baby comes soon, I'd rather have it done before the end of the year, but if this runs into late November, with Christmas the following month, then yes it would be better to wait until after the first of the year.
That was my thought, exactly!

Last edited by Bamagirl; 11-08-2019 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-12-2019, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Anybody want to play Guess the Birthday?

OK, I go first.

November 25th.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:11 AM

leto681 is on a distinguished road

I say December 1st
Old 11-12-2019, 10:26 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Hmm, November 21th
Old 11-12-2019, 12:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Alizee announced some type of contest today. I think the prize is a crib.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4xNNwKoRc2/

Attachment 2880

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-30-2021 at 10:13 PM..