Yeah...I love her laugh. It's soooo cute
and she still laughs the way she did

welcome Rictor
Old 04-18-2010, 09:43 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I really relate to you Rictor. I never thought of Alizee having a particularly large head. Maybe a long forehead that is adorable. As far as I can see her features are perfectly symetrical in all ways.
I agree - I've always loved her forehead! It's cute. Get this - I was talking with my friend and we were discussing various "hot" women that we both knew and I when I said that they pale in comparison to Alizee, his response was: "so few choices....so much forehead."
Old 04-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

HA!! it seems like Alizee registered high on your "Rictor scale"... heheh.. get it.. Rictor... ha.. I kill me....

Yeah I was originally from NY... seems like women there haven't changed.. I'm on the other coast... real entitlement problem with people here.. Too may people on the ambition ladder and not looking for something genuine.. even if they say so. Too often its people making trophies of each other rather than pursuing real happiness. Its gonna get worse since now jobs are temporary and careers change every decade.. so with so much in people's live's a moving target, social skill stake a hit.

As a generality, I found that women abroad tend to have more male friends while women here have a more slef image problem and look to latch on to guys. I can't tell you how many "lady friends" I thought I had but it turns out they were between boyfriends.. as soon as they "latch", there goes the "friendship". Turns out I wasn't a friend so much as I was the spare tire in the trunk. But enough of that...

What I find interesting about Alizee is how genuine her success is. I mean disney tries to manufacture "sweetness" all the time.. trying to "cast" people in that role.. then a poloroid or phone cam photo shows up of them nekkid and it all falls apart. yet Alizee is the real deal..not manufactured.. she's private, has a family, and now produces her own music when it suits her... I'm luving it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
After lurking on this forum for a while (to check on Alizée updates, lyrics, etc), I finally decided to register and join.

I'm not the type of listen to pop music and I'm definitely NOT the type of guy who obsesses over celebrities. In fact, I've NEVER felt this way about ANY celebrity.

A few years ago, a friend linked me to a video of Alizée performing "La Isla Bonita." I thought she was beautiful...but that wasn't it. There was something about her mannerisms and the way she carries herself that really won me over. I live in New York and I'm sorry to say that the majority of the women I've met here have been arrogant, condescending, mean, and overall very Un-Alizée. *Note* - obviously not ALL NYC women are like this, but chance would have it that the ones I've met have mostly been this way with few exceptions.

So I naturally wanted to learn more about Alizée after I saw that video. I started downloading her albums, beginning with Gourmandises. I must have listened to "Moi...Lolita" about 1000 times. Before I knew it, I was in love with her. I'm only posting this on this specific forum because I know there will be others here who understand my situation. If I were to tell anyone else, they would surely chalk it up to just celebrity obsession. But Alizée is so much more than a mere celebrity. She brings light to any dark situation. She gives me joy no matter how much things are dragging me down. She sustains me.

I haven't had a girlfriend in over 2 years now. I don't find anyone attractive except for Alizée. This is becoming a serious problem for me. Even when approached by a beautiful woman, I'm just not interested if she doesn't have Alizée's sweet, gentle characteristics.

Here's the reality of most women that are out there nowadays in America:

- Many are overly liberal and politically correct nazi's who will get offended by the slightest thing
- Many of them will preach open-mindedness and quality of character and yet always try to go for the tallest, best looking, richest guy

I'm sick of it.

Alizée on the other hand, is the perfect balance of everything good and pure. You can get a good sense of what someone is like by the way they respond to various situations. In interviews, Alizée just projects a sweet vibe that really can't be faked. I don't even know if she's aware of it, but her inner beauty comes out during these interviews. I even remember one time on that Fun TV interview where she described herself as the type of person who "puts others ahead of herself." My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw that part. And her reaction to opening that Tinkerbell toy? God help me.

I love everything about Alizée. My friend tries to make fun of me for liking her by constantly making fun of her "big head." I LOVE HER BIG HEAD. SHE'S ADORABLE.

In conclusion, if anyone has any clue as to how I can regain my sanity after this Alizée spell, please let me know.

Edit:

Quote:
I agree - I've always loved her forehead! It's cute. Get this - I was talking with my friend and we were discussing various "hot" women that we both knew and I when I said that they pale in comparison to Alizee, his response was: "so few choices....so much forehead."
Hes just being a dick because you like here... don't worry, just come here!

BTW, welcome, AND don't worry: there are plenty of women like Alizee who are smart, shy, nosey, stubborn and boring (all alizee descriptions of herself) who are out there. Like a poster here said: you are looking for a small town girl. My advice: look for one who has a great relationship with her dad.

I also recommend that you travel and meet some women from sweden, denmark, iceland, the Mediterranean area, etc to open your "pool". Also visit the south... southern belles can be the sweetest...

Man, Dunno what I ate but I'm epic gassy today... its like I have a factory doing double time in my gut or something.... sounds like I'm surrounded by a flock of ducks... QUACK QuAK!!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post

Strap yourself in, buddy...
Stars à domicile, 2003
I'd go a step farther and say watch the one from 2001...

http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=33

but get a handkerchief, because you are gonna cry. she's really young in this yet you see how she handles her fame which is less than a year old. adorable. Such humility...

another cute personality one was this one from corsica when she was a little squirt... Althouh all of this stuff is staged, it shows part of what you probably mean Rictor as far as disposition... I think by definition is that there are people who work to live and live to wok... alizee works to live, in NY people end up living to work...

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNVzRRHqkAI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNVzRRHqkAI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Edit:

Oh, yeah, Rictor, just read this too... its jessica's description of Alizee's visit...

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...jessica+letter

Last edited by wildfire; 04-19-2010 at 03:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNVzRRHqkAI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNVzRRHqkAI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>
Oh, how far we've come.... sigh..

Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
im sorry but i lawled at that

---------------------------------------------------

Old 04-19-2010, 06:05 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
After lurking on this forum for a while (to check on Alizée updates, lyrics, etc), I finally decided to register and join.

I'm not the type of listen to pop music and I'm definitely NOT the type of guy who obsesses over celebrities. In fact, I've NEVER felt this way about ANY celebrity.

A few years ago, a friend linked me to a video of Alizée performing "La Isla Bonita." I thought she was beautiful...but that wasn't it. There was something about her mannerisms and the way she carries herself that really won me over. I live in New York and I'm sorry to say that the majority of the women I've met here have been arrogant, condescending, mean, and overall very Un-Alizée. *Note* - obviously not ALL NYC women are like this, but chance would have it that the ones I've met have mostly been this way with few exceptions.

So I naturally wanted to learn more about Alizée after I saw that video. I started downloading her albums, beginning with Gourmandises. I must have listened to "Moi...Lolita" about 1000 times. Before I knew it, I was in love with her. I'm only posting this on this specific forum because I know there will be others here who understand my situation. If I were to tell anyone else, they would surely chalk it up to just celebrity obsession. But Alizée is so much more than a mere celebrity. She brings light to any dark situation. She gives me joy no matter how much things are dragging me down. She sustains me.

I haven't had a girlfriend in over 2 years now. I don't find anyone attractive except for Alizée. This is becoming a serious problem for me. Even when approached by a beautiful woman, I'm just not interested if she doesn't have Alizée's sweet, gentle characteristics.

Here's the reality of most women that are out there nowadays in America:

- Many are overly liberal and politically correct nazi's who will get offended by the slightest thing
- Many of them will preach open-mindedness and quality of character and yet always try to go for the tallest, best looking, richest guy

I'm sick of it.

Alizée on the other hand, is the perfect balance of everything good and pure. You can get a good sense of what someone is like by the way they respond to various situations. In interviews, Alizée just projects a sweet vibe that really can't be faked. I don't even know if she's aware of it, but her inner beauty comes out during these interviews. I even remember one time on that Fun TV interview where she described herself as the type of person who "puts others ahead of herself." My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw that part. And her reaction to opening that Tinkerbell toy? God help me.

I love everything about Alizée. My friend tries to make fun of me for liking her by constantly making fun of her "big head." I LOVE HER BIG HEAD. SHE'S ADORABLE.

In conclusion, if anyone has any clue as to how I can regain my sanity after this Alizée spell, please let me know.

Hehehe! You are under the same Alizée spell that has captured us all here.
You cannot escape it, so learn to enjoy it.
I came originally from NJ and had worked in NYC for many years, and what you say about the women there is absolutely true.
I luckily married a woman with Alizée's attributes or I would have gone to France to find a woman like Alizée long ago.

Alizée is just so very special to all of us that there really can be no fair comparison made to another woman. She is THAT special.

But look at it this way; you now have a standard by which all other women will be judged and hopefully it will be the saving grace for you when a special woman does finally get your attention.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post

Too true... will the dancing ever come back?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah I was originally from NY... seems like women there haven't changed.. I'm on the other coast... real entitlement problem with people here.. Too may people on the ambition ladder and not looking for something genuine.. even if they say so. Too often its people making trophies of each other rather than pursuing real happiness. Its gonna get worse since now jobs are temporary and careers change every decade.. so with so much in people's live's a moving target, social skill stake a hit.

As a generality, I found that women abroad tend to have more male friends while women here have a more slef image problem and look to latch on to guys. I can't tell you how many "lady friends" I thought I had but it turns out they were between boyfriends.. as soon as they "latch", there goes the "friendship". Turns out I wasn't a friend so much as I was the spare tire in the trunk.

Holy crap, I've had the same experiences too when it comes to the friends thing. I didn't even realize it until it happened to me more than once. I initially thought maybe I did something wrong since I've always been prone to offending people with things that I say. But I get it now. Your "spare tire" analogy describes it perfectly. What would usually happen is I would befriend a girl and things would be great. And I tell them straight up that I'm not looking for sex or anything of the sort, just to get that out of the way in case they're wondering whether I'm for real about being friends. And we spend lots of time talking and getting to know each other while developing this friendship. But as soon as they find a boyfriend, all of a sudden it's as though I'm not "needed." What is this crap? Why should having a boyfriend somehow render her need for REGULAR guy friends obsolete? God that shit pisses me off. That's when I found myself listening to songs like Dr. Dre's "Bitches ain't shit."

The only reason I had mostly female friends (with the exception of my best friend) is because I can't get along with most males. The ones I've met are just...ugh. Let's not even get into that. But hey, apparently I CAN make male friends - here on the Lilly forums! Love for Alizée acts as the perfect common ground.

Thank god I found Alizée in time to save me from becoming a full fledged woman hater. This might sound silly but...I believe that if you have a strong love for Alizée, it's damn near impossible for you to be a jerk or hate all women as a whole. Alizée really does not appeal to people who are assholes. Or, if you're anything like me and have been an angry mofo your whole life, Alizée will simply change you. I love her.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
Hehehe! You are under the same Alizée spell that has captured us all here.
You cannot escape it, so learn to enjoy it.
I came originally from NJ and had worked in NYC for many years, and what you say about the women there is absolutely true.
I luckily married a woman with Alizée's attributes or I would have gone to France to find a woman like Alizée long ago.

Alizée is just so very special to all of us that there really can be no fair comparison made to another woman. She is THAT special.

But look at it this way; you now have a standard by which all other women will be judged and hopefully it will be the saving grace for you when a special woman does finally get your attention.
Thanks, C-4. Wow so you actually found someone around here who has Alizée qualities? You're extremely lucky. When I'm in the city and all I see are starbucks coffee drinking know-it-alls with their oversized sunglasses and urge to look at their phones every 2 seconds while speaking loudly and using profanity nonstop, it really bums me out. But I'll keep in mind what you said. I'm really happy that there are people like you who share my view. Maybe one day I'll find an Alizée of my own.

Last edited by Rictor; 04-19-2010 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-19-2010, 09:53 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank god I found Alizée in time to save me from becoming a full fledged woman hater. This might sound silly but...I believe that if you have a strong love for Alizée, it's damn near impossible for you to be a jerk or hate all women as a whole. Alizée really does not appeal to people who are assholes. Or, if you're anything like me and have been an angry mofo your whole life, Alizée will simply change you. I love her.
Well, I can never be a woman hater. However, Alizee reaffirms the faith that great women still exist.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Too true... will the dancing ever come back?
Wasabi, I am pretty optimistic that the dancing will come back. Psych had lots of such wonderful performances. It is just that a dancing and cheerful Lilly does not fit with UEDS.

Last edited by sumi1; 04-19-2010 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
Wasabi, I am pretty optimistic that the dancing will come back. Psych had lots of such wonderful performances. It is just that a dancing and cheerful Lilly does not fit with UEDS.
I certainly hope so. UEDS is just too dark to dance to at all. Though as I mentioned before, it seems kind of early to be talking about a new album with a dancing Alizée... seeing as how UEDS just came out!

Tags
alizee, beautiful, interview, tinkerbell