Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-25-2019, 04:24 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Anyway the fact that the wife can keep her name and give it to her husband is a good thing. I thought only the man could do it...
I'm old school so I don't think I could take my wife's surname... unless her last name is Vanderbilt or Hilton.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:17 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I'm old school so I don't think I could take my wife's surname... unless her last name is Vanderbilt or Hilton.
Quite right too!
Old 09-26-2019, 03:30 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Alizee did not seem very religious
I am no more religious than Alizée, but when I'm reading comments like

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
I know this has probably been said by one of you guys but I'm all for Alizee's current life and I'm more than glad she's happier than ever, even if this means giving up her music career.

Like others have said, since I learned about the lyrics from her album before Blonde, I think what she has with Gregoire is what she wanted with with Jeremy all along. He's obviously committed and what I think she deserved all along.

I even think Alizee may got some of those tattoos because she felt lost and that an entire decade had been just fiddling around with Jeremy doing whatever he fancied at the moment, while he lost interest in her (however quickly), and declining album sales. DALS was the light at the end of that tunnel and I absolutely do not want her to change at all. Almost like a belated fairy tale, really.

I'd only want her to make an album if she really really wanted to and that didn't incur stress again in her life.
Quote:
I totally agree with that.
the only thing that comes to my mind is

Old 09-26-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
I am no more religious than Alizée, but when I'm reading comments like

the only thing that comes to my mind is

I don't see what's wrong with this kind of comments :|
Is it so strange that I want her happiness more than a new album?
Old 09-27-2019, 04:33 AM

Quote:
I don't see what's wrong with this kind of comments :|
Is it so strange that I want her happiness more than a new album?
A new album does not rule out her happiness. Generally, creative people are happy only when they're creating something. I think Alizée is a creative person. It is strange that she hid her talent in the earth.
In addition, a new album would make her fans happy . Now most of them are feeling lost and confused.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
A new album does not rule out her happiness.
Absolutely. The fact is that she apparently decided to devote her energy to another of her multiple talents, dance, which is also her passion and dream.
She hasn't been hiding her singer talent for 20 years, now she decided to show something different. Obviously singing and dancing aren't mutually exclusive, but she seems to have found her direction.
I think she just wants to have a normal life for now
Old 09-27-2019, 07:59 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A new album does not rule out her happiness. ...
In addition, a new album would make her fans happy . Now most of them are feeling lost and confused.
I'm bored with the albums; I wish she would do movies or TV.
(I created a poll awhile back on the forum; 50% of people said they'd rather Alizee star in a movie than make another album.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 09-27-2019 at 08:38 AM..
Old 09-27-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
(I created a poll awhile back on the forum; 50% of people said they'd rather Alizee star in a movie than make another album.)
Has she ever played any role a part from that one where she is a sort of babysitter? Sorry, but I can't remember the name of the show
Old 09-27-2019, 11:07 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Has she ever played any role a part from that one where she is a sort of babysitter? Sorry, but I can't remember the name of the show
I think the babysitter is the only role; the skit was stupid and seemed kind of "rushed". I can't recall the show name either; I have it on my hard drive somewhere.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Yeah, and I created an anecdote devoted to this.

Quote:
Nos chers voisins

Quote:
Absolutely. The fact is that she apparently decided to devote her energy to another of her multiple talents, dance, which is also her passion and dream.
She hasn't been hiding her singer talent for 20 years, now she decided to show something different. Obviously singing and dancing aren't mutually exclusive, but she seems to have found her direction.
I think she just wants to have a normal life for now
You see, talent and passion are different things. En Concert and TV performances including Gourmandises, J'en Ai Marre, A Contre Courant are examples of her talents while Jérémy Chatelain and DALS are examples of her passions. Sometimes a passion yields good results but, as history has shown, it's not so in the case of Alizée. When good people are around her, such as Farmer and Boutonnat, they can give good advices on directing her energy in the right way (this applies to many aspects, including the style of dances), but when her passion brings her under control of such persons as Jérémy and Chris Marques, they just manipulate her.
Quote:
(this is from the song below)
It's like I'm addicted
To being consumed
Why is she passion-ruled? I don't know, maybe because of her Corsican temper. I'll give you one example for comparison. This is Sophie Ellis-Bextor:

She is one of my favorite singers (but not the most favorite, because I haven't seen something similar to En Concert with her). She became world-famous for dancing hits. What's more interesting (I didn't know it until today) is that she participated in the Strictly Come Dancing show. For those who don't know, it is a British TV show from which French DALS was derived. The season she participated in took place in late 2013, i.e. at the same time as Alizée took part in the French version.

Sophie and her partner were ranked fourth in the show. I regard this as a success, considering they were eliminated 12th on 21 December (with 10 pairs in total and the winners announced on 23 November in the French version). Despite this and also her dedication to dance music, she realized that this is not a reason to throw her singing career out, marry her partner from the show and open a dance school with him . Her real talent is singing and Sophie was smart enough to understand this.

She still sings, records new albums and gives concert tours. She also dances well, but the style of her dancing during concerts has nothing to do with the styles practised at Strictly Come Dancing.

Somehow the singing career does not preclude her from enjoying a family life. She has 5 children with her husband, whom she married in 2005, and even sometimes performs on the stage being pregnant:

Of course, I don't want for Alizée to run to the stage and sing right now, this was just an example of a woman who knows what is her talent and what are her passions.