Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Ehe are we talking versions now? Even if her perfect ways does imply so I highly doubt that she is a robot programmed to take over the world.

Let's say she left alpha stage a long time ago, went through the beta testing flawlessly and is just coming up on the final worldwide release.

Alizée 1.0 Gold Edition.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Not necessarily about Alizée....

which avatar should I start using? I have about thirty or forty of these suckers but these are my favorites... which one!!?!?

tied for first place

second
Old 09-21-2009, 02:47 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Not necessarily about Alizée....

which avatar should I start using? I have about thirty or forty of these suckers but these are my favorites... which one!!?!?

tied for first place

second
Second one.
That one is just tasteful.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:25 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Tastes good and is good for you! I'm sorry I got carried away! The middle or bottom one. I know why Mr. Barrett picked the middle one. You like that mce era hairstyle. Yea that's right! I have to admit I like it also.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

I have TWO questions...

1) would Alizee do a musical film? I'd luv to see her in a film like Moulin Rouge where her french heritage is part of the story PLUS it being a luv story.. tragic one at that... and it being quite flamboyant and theatrical. Something as fanciful as Amelie would be another idea... Key is for it to be a bit theatrical because I think thats where she would shine.. A generic romantic comedy or semi bio pic would be a waste.. think Mariah Carey's "Glitter".. what a dump.

2) Would she learn enough english and spanish to do interviews. I prefer her songs in french because thats who she is, but I think a key way to connect to lazy american audiences and better with Mexicans would be to do interviews in the indigenous language. Its an undertaking, but to hear her own words is a real connection.

3) (Ok I lied...) Dance. Even if she doesn't do it in her concerts, I'd luv to see concerts where she has dancers perform like in youpeedo while she's singin' and rockin'. I think thats why the mexicans luved her so much. Her dance bits on TV resemble many of the variety shows in mexico where performers dance, sing and do stage bits. I really think this was a big part of her mexican success. Plus my favorite bits of En Concert 2004 was her little acting bits like in Moi lolita where she interacted with her band and dancers. Really cute and charming... Imagine a future song like 50/50 where she has an army of "paparazzi" dancers around her and she has to escape them or knock them out with her little sassy hand waves.

Last edited by wildfire; 09-23-2009 at 02:40 AM..
Old 09-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I have TWO questions...

1) would Alizee do a musical film? I'd luv to see her in a film like Moulin Rouge where her french heritage is part of the story PLUS it being a luv story.. tragic one at that... and it being quite flamboyant and theatrical. Something as fanciful as Amelie would be another idea... Key is for it to be a bit theatrical because I think thats where she would shine.. A generic romantic comedy or semi bio pic would be a waste.. think Mariah Carey's "Glitter".. what a dump.

2) Would she learn enough english and spanish to do interviews. I prefer her songs in french because thats who she is, but I think a key way to connect to lazy american audiences and better with Mexicans would be to do interviews in the indigenous language. Its an undertaking, but to hear her own words is a real connection.

3) (Ok I lied...) Dance. Even if she doesn't do it in her concerts, I'd luv to see concerts where she has dancers perform like in youpeedo while she's singin' and rockin'. I think thats why the mexicans luved her so much. Her dance bits on TV resemble many of the variety shows in mexico where performers dance, sing and do stage bits. I really think this was a big part of her mexican success. Plus my favorite bits of En Concert 2004 was her little acting bits like in Moi lolita where she interacted with her band and dancers. Really cute and charming... Imagine a future song like 50/50 where she has an army of "paparazzi" dancers around her and she has to escape them or knock them out with her little sassy hand waves.
1.) Probable. Perhaps not a Musical as in Theatre Play but in a film it can be fitting. Perhaps you'd be the one to suggest that to her?

2.) She probably is more interested in Spanish than English. Because of a.) it's similarity to French and b.) the USA isn't exactly doing as well in terms of fanbase comparably and relatively to the Spanish-speaking Mexico.

3.) If she can't do it herself, she better make up for it with a helluva killer light set, amongst other things. I can see pyrotechnics as well.
Live shows are live shows, I don't care if its the Beatles reunited with two members resurrected through Occultist binding, if they can't put on a show, it's not worth my eyes.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
1.) Probable. Perhaps not a Musical as in Theatre Play but in a film it can be fitting. Perhaps you'd be the one to suggest that to her?

2.) She probably is more interested in Spanish than English. Because of a.) it's similarity to French and b.) the USA isn't exactly doing as well in terms of fanbase comparably and relatively to the Spanish-speaking Mexico.

3.) If she can't do it herself, she better make up for it with a helluva killer light set, amongst other things. I can see pyrotechnics as well.
Live shows are live shows, I don't care if its the Beatles reunited with two members resurrected through Occultist binding, if they can't put on a show, it's not worth my eyes.

1) I'd luv to develop concepts like that. However I'd have to learn more about French customs & history to crate in context a luv story of sorts. Think of how the bohemian culture was displayed in Moulin Rouge, or cruise and restaurant life in Ratatouille in relation to french culture. I do like the Bohemium feel of Moulin Rouge, I think Alizee could fit that. Its also a period piece which makes it timeless. I thought the story in Amelie was excellent where you ahve a young girl trying to bring happiness to people around her while struggling with her own happiness and boy troubles. The compassion and mischief in that film I think fits Alizee's description of herself as compassionate, jealous and mischief.

2) I think english is needed to break the A.D.D. barrier in the USA. Plus there are parts of the US that sees putting down the french a national pastime. I think english is needed as part of her publicity. I say keep her art french or however she likes it, but the selling part can benefit from english. However I have to say that having her stuff trickling into the US keeps it unique and charming... not the best way to make the most bucks but that may not be her goal. Perhaps there is a middle ground like having her album and singles on iTunes so that there is no purchasing barrier.

3) I still say dance, even with other dancers doing the performance.. I'll take that over a light show any day. It what made the mexicans fall in luv with her because its much like their variety shows... very festive and sexy.... No complaints here!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Recline yourself

Here's a question,

How come she didn't use "é"'s in Jérémy's name when she knows how to use them?

(aug 20)
http://twitter.com/mellealizee

-------------------

also, which is the real version of Mademoiselle Juliette? The mp3 I have was originally titled "MJ radio edit" which I paid no attention to, but now I hear a different/slower version on it's wiki page.

Which is the real version?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mademoiselle_Juliette

Last edited by user472884; 10-06-2009 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here's a question,

How come she didn't use "é"'s in Jérémy's name when she knows how to use them?

(aug 20)
http://twitter.com/mellealizee
umm... just sorta skipped over it?

Quote:

also, which is the real version of Mademoiselle Juliette? The mp3 I have was originally titled "MJ radio edit" which I paid no attention to, but now I hear a different/slower version on it's wiki page.

Which is the real version?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mademoiselle_Juliette
HOLY FRICK there is a lot of different MJ versions out there!!
I NEEDS TO GET MY HANDS ON THEM! I just recently got the Moi...Lolita remixes, and they're awesome! MJ would add nicely to my remixes.

Last edited by wasabi622; 10-06-2009 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
umm... just sorta skipped over it?

HOLY FRICK there is a lot of different MJ versions out there!!
I NEEDS TO GET MY HANDS ON THEM! I just recently got the Moi...Lolita remixes, and they're awesome! MJ would add nicely to my remixes.
I steer clear from remixes.... mainly out of fear that I'd find that I like a different version than the original.. also the reason I refuse to watch remakes of classic movies

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline