Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancZulu View Post
That event took place in Amsterdam where the local langauge is Dutch. But most of you already knew that. In SA we speak Afrikaans as one of our 11 national langauges. Afrikaans and Dutch are very very alike. Thus for those wondering "Konininedag" translates to "Kings Day" or "Queens Day".
Indeed, in Dutch it's Koninginnedag which means Queens Day. That Moi Lolita performance was in 2001 at April 30th, when the birthday of the Dutch queen is celebrated.

In fact, April 30th is the birthday of the previous queen of The Netherlands, Juliana. The real birthday of the current queen Beatrix, is January 31th. But when Beatrix was crowned back in 1980 she proclaimed that Queens Day would still be celebrated at April 30th as a tribute to her mother.

I'm thankful for that. Why, because I don't give a damn about Dutch royals
But in January it can be damn cold in The Netherlands So Lili might have caught a cold if she would have done that performance at Beatrix' real birthday
Old 04-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKrupa View Post
What photos are we talking about ??
Ok, unsolicited photography warning! If you don't want to view unsolicited photos of Alizée and Anny-Lee out of respect, you don't have to.

http://tinkalizee.free.fr/nouvellepage1.htm
Old 04-20-2007, 10:48 PM

kdn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Ok, unsolicited photography warning! If you don't want to view unsolicited photos of Alizée and Anny-Lee out of respect, you don't have to.

http://tinkalizee.free.fr/nouvellepage1.htm
But whats to feel guilty about? Am I missing something?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:52 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdn View Post
But whats to feel guilty about? Am I missing something?
Well, they're concerned about invading Alizée's privacy. We all think highly of her and would not want to trouble her. It's hard to say no to any news media of Ali, though, be it an article in a magazine or just a candid photo. I hope she can deal with that. I'd like to say, 'hey, get over it. It's just part of the gig. And, you should be happy that people are so interested in you. Just relax. Don't worry about it.' But, I can't really imagine what it would be like, being such an anonymous person myself.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-20-2007, 11:52 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I'm sorry, you're right. I was having a hard time keeping my point clear.
I agree. I heard Alizée (via translation) say that Mylène wrote the songs, but that they discussed the songs, or at least ideas, together (for at least some of the songs, maybe not all). Those aren't the same things.
As for the fans' perspective, well, where the limerence/fandom comes in, it is hard to be objective/logical sometimes.
Oh, and I didn't necessarily mean to direct all of that to you personally.
I think we probably agree on a lot more than we (or at least I) originally assumed.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Hahaha. You know you're a softie when you have second thoughts at looking at a celebrity and her beautiful daughter

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 04-21-2007, 01:11 AM

kdn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, they're concerned about invading Alizée's privacy. We all think highly of her and would not want to trouble her. It's hard to say no to any news media of Ali, though, be it an article in a magazine or just a candid photo. I hope she can deal with that. I'd like to say, 'hey, get over it. It's just part of the gig. And, you should be happy that people are so interested in you. Just relax. Don't worry about it.' But, I can't really imagine what it would be like, being such an anonymous person myself.
Oh that!

(me: ...stop searching for the full video of those images)
Quote:
Hahaha. You know you're a softie when you have second thoughts at looking at a celebrity and her beautiful daughter
What second thought? Waiting for Anny-Lee to grow up?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:29 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Of course, it certainly didn't stop me from looking at the Seychelles beach photos (though I was young at the time - you know after being reborn post-Alizée-discovery (PAD) i.e. I am only 4 months PAD old). Though, I heard it suggested that was arranged anyway. Still, I don't think you can be:
1. a fan
2. a male
and not have looked at those photos if given the chance. Oh, and you're probably not among the living either.
By the way kdn, if you still haven't seen the recent photos, they're fuzzy ambiguous photos of her at the airport and in the plane holding her daughter (who is rather cute). I wonder where Jérémy was. And, where was she going? It didn't say, did it? Oh, never mind. I'm probably just starting trouble now, eh?

Merci Fanny
Old 04-21-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Of course, it certainly didn't stop me from looking at the Seychelles beach photos (though I was young at the time - you know after being reborn post-Alizée-discovery (PAD) i.e. I am only 4 months PAD old). Though, I heard it suggested that was arranged anyway. Still, I don't think you can be:
1. a fan
2. a male
and not have looked at those photos if given the chance. Oh, and you're probably not among the living either.
By the way kdn, if you still haven't seen the recent photos, they're fuzzy ambiguous photos of her at the airport and in the plane holding her daughter (who is rather cute). I wonder where Jérémy was. And, where was she going? It didn't say, did it? Oh, never mind. I'm probably just starting trouble now, eh?
She was going back to paris after the spring break party she went in Corsica
Meanwhile Jeremy was cleaning the house
Old 04-21-2007, 02:02 AM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

my only expectation is that it will have much more rock influence than pop and that she continues to make awesome vocals