Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Maybe this is an opportunity in disguise and a bit of a warning shot across the bow, so to speak. If I were you I would get the chemo and start planning how to make the second half of my life be wonderful. Don’t let this situation get you depressed and don’t give up. Don't wait for those blessings to show up at your door - go out and get them. I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope you keep us up to date on how you're doing.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Maybe this is an opportunity in disguise and a bit of a warning shot across the bow, so to speak. If I were you I would get the chemo and start planning how to make the second half of my life be wonderful. Don’t let this situation get you depressed and don’t give up. Don't wait for those blessings to show up at your door - go out and get them. I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope you keep us up to date on how you're doing.
Lefty has this amazing gift, of always taking exactly what I want to say, and saying it far more eloquently then I could ever hope to manage.

Junkmale, if you really are feeling like this, then yeah, I think it might not be the worst idea in the world to find somebody to talk to. It doesn't necessarily have to be a professional, either--like others have said, there's probably some type of support group nearby designed to help people connect and cope with what you're going through. Your GP might know of one in your area, or should at least be able to point you in the right direction of how to find one.

The idea might be really daunting at first, but if you think about it, it's really not much different from joining AAm: complete strangers from different walks of life coming together with a common affliction, that really only they can understand. (Except in your case it's lukemia instead of acute Alizée fever! ) I think you'd be surprised at how much it would help, even if at first you only go to listen.

Like Lefty says, keep us up to date. We're listening!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Junkmale what you're going through right now mentally is pretty normal. Unfortunately it's only when we find ourselves in this type of situation that we truly reflect upon our own life and how were living it, whether or not we've lived a satisfactory life, etc... This is why all people need moral support in these situations.

Like Lefty said start planning your comeback and how to make the second half of your life be wonderful. First, find out what makes you happy and start doing that, if having a wife and kids would make you happy then by all means this should be your goal. Be proactive about your happiness, and don't wait for things to just happen.

My sincere best wishes Junkmale... keep in touch !!

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 06-08-2009, 02:22 AM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Jeez, reading the three comments above mine is like intravenously injecting raw inspiration . I don't know about you, Junkmale, but I feel like getting up and letting it all hang out !

Seriously though, from your description it seems that your not happy about certain aspects of your life thus far. If I were you, I'd approach it like a renewal of sorts, a rebirth, a second chance. You now have a unique ability to live each day like there's no tomorrow, to truly savor the second half of your life without reservation or fear of what others think. Ask yourself this: "What do I have to lose"? Only you know the answer, but I hope you can find the courage to go out and find something you really, really love, whatever that may be .

I really don't know why I, seventeen, am trying to impart advice to you (I really should asking for your wisdom ). I guess I'm just another complete stranger trying to cheer you up .

Once again: don't stop with the updates!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:57 AM
International Fan

Actually that was very well said Mavsuver...

Junkmale when all this is over and done you will have a new sense of appreciation for your life and life in general. You will actually be glad in a certain way of this experience, only because you will be enlightened and you will view things in a whole new different light. I assure you that things will only get better from here ~

Old 06-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

yeah Junkmale these 3 guys that posted before me said preaty much everything I wanted to say, just want to asd that keep fighting the fight and keep up in hte loop if you wish. You got a big moral support for you here man, again hope everything works out for you and ull be up and running around in no time.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:33 AM
International Fan

Hey Junkmale it's been over a week since we've heard from you ?? My best thoughts & wishes...

Old 06-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Hey Junkmale it's been over a week since we've heard from you ?? My best thoughts & wishes...
What are you speaking of?
He posted 3 days ago on the How Was Your Day Thread.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:23 AM
International Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
What are you speaking of?
He posted 3 days ago on the How Was Your Day Thread.
My bad... I guess it's me that hasn't been here for a few days.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Jess

I have been absent (in more ways than one!) for the last few days.
Truth is, my Doctor has given me some Anti-Depressant medication and i'm having a seriously bad time with the tablets.
Apart from the uncontrolable bouts of sobbing, i'm finding it difficult to talk (or write) in any coherant way.
And as for the nightmares.........
Apparatntley i'll get used to them in a few days. Oh, i do hope so.
I'm still reading the forum though (and appreciate all comments). Problem is that when i move my head it seems to take my brain about 30 seconds to follow it. Scary, scary stuff.