Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-16-2009, 10:58 PM

KC Kcrooner is on a distinguished road
Default You Guys Rock

Wow!! I started this thread 24 hours ago and almost 1500 looks and 69 repies, this is way cool, loved reading the stories of finding Alizee. This is more than a fan site, I would call it a phenom phorum!

Guess I should post my story, Somehow between browsing for Sir Richard Branson and looking at exotic cars youtube decided to offer L' Bonita as a reccomended video, guess those search engines have a soul after all. Of course I clicked on Alizees face and just about fell out of my chair watching, and rewatching. This was the old version she made pre vacation, just her voice 12 strings and drums. Thats all talent needs to shine, next Moi...Lolita at the Olympic and it was over. Hook line and sinker, this fish was hooked and their was absolutely no need to fight. Of course the biker neighbor showed up and said something along the lines of if it aint Led Zeppelin it wasnt for him, hes still fightin it. This all occured last month so as I discover new vids it only strengthens. Just watched the vid where Alizee sings to Jessica in the shoe store, OMG the tears ran down my cheeks to my heart,
folks this is the good stuff................
Been around long enough to know what music can do, have liked all kinds of music from Van Halen to Faith Hill with a little Spice Girls with my daughter thrown in for flavor, we already have witnessed what Alizee has already done, I feel blessed to be able to pull up a front row seat to see whats next.

Lots more but if Alizee came to America she could own the world, nothin here can touch her.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Kcrooner View Post
Wow!! I started this thread 24 hours ago and almost 1500 looks and 69 repies
Most of them are actually older, KC (the dates are on top of each post). I merged this with a couple existing threads on the same subject. Sorry for any confusion.

Anyway, I'm sure I've shared my story before, but couldn't find it at the moment. I first heard Alizée back in 2001 when my bother returned from a summer study-abroad in Germany. He played an mp3 of Moi Lolita for me, saying it was a big club hit there, and we both really liked it. The following summer he went back, and I met him in Paris. We saw the music video for Moi Lolita on TV during that trip, and I thought Alizée was very pretty. I'd always associate her with my first trip to Europe. But that was about it for a few years. I didn't look her up further until summer 2004. I was searching for new music then and remembered the track. Downloaded both albums, listened to Mes Courants Électriques first, and the rest is history.

Last edited by Ben; 03-17-2009 at 01:24 AM..
Old 03-17-2009, 03:25 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Engine View Post
I was trying to download a movie back in 2002, Bourne Identity I think. I guess someone mislabeled the file because I ended up with the vid, Moi...Lolita. I became intrigued with the girl and found out she was an 18 year old french pop singer. I looked up her music and Vini Vidi Vici sounded interesting so I bought the whole album.

I found her music to be very soothing. I had gotten my heart broken by a girl that left me for another guy (typical for my luck with women). The music had really helped me cope, especially since all my closest friends left me high and dry in my solitude. Six months of being brokenhearted with no one to talk too, I damn near went crazy. The sad part is, I had a repeat of this shit while stationed in Korea and that incident was 10 times worse. To this day, I still have trouble trying to get over my former friends, co-workers, and commander trying to destroy my Air Force career; but I digress...

After awhile, I finally decided to rebuild my shattered self esteem. That's when I started getting into body building. I built up the courage to get the hell away from my home by enlisting in the Air Force. Yeah, as funny as it is, Alizée is the real reason I joined the Air Force. Not to try and meet her, I just wanted to meet women from other places. Because of Alizée, I wanted to go overseas and find a foreign wife.

Ironically, I'm still single 7 years later. I've had nothing but bad relationships even with women from other countries. Unlike most of her male fans, I do have a grip on reality and don't have fantasies about marrying her. Her music serves as a reminder that there are actually decent women out there even though I seem to only get involved with unfaithful whores. I probably wont even need her music once I find that special someone. I'd be to worried that it would upset my woman, but that's just how I think.

I often wonder what Alizée would think if she knew that her music motivated someone to find their better half.
Hey that is an interesting story. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with women.

A Bourne fan I see.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:28 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Hung up!

I'm sure I must've posted this story before, probably under another thread, couldn't find it in this one so I'll retell it.

I found out about Alizée about 2 years ago. I work for an airline and travel fairly often and I like to watch music videos on the flights.

I liked the song Hung Up by Madonna, so I searched for the music video on Youtube. I downloaded her video. Didn't really like the video for the song but I had noticed some other hits for the song. One was a video by a Danish group that someone had dubbed in the audio from Hung Up. I really enjoyed this version so that gave me the idea to look for other versions of videos I already had.

I had just found this one of Madonna's so I figured I'd start with Madonna. Did a search of Madonna. One of the songs that came up was La Isla Bonita. I did another search of this title and that's when I first saw Alizée's picture.
I played the video and was amazed but at the same time I thought, I've seen beautiful artists before with beautiful voices sing other people's songs, but have nothing of their own. So I searched under Alizée and the rest is history.

I watched the Moi Lolita video in Amsterdam first. Mainly because Amsterdam was one of the cities where I spent my honeymoon and I enjoyed it there. What an incredible video. The music, her singing, the setting, her dancing, such poise for a young singer. I didn't realize how young she was until weeks later. I don't know how many times I watched that video that night, but the neighbors probably know (lol)! Watched J'en ai marre (chanson #1) and I was hooked.

I've taken the time to learn the French lyrics to seven of her songs now and I'm working on number eight. Not to bad for someone who only had a couple of years of French way back in junior high school over 30 years ago.

It's kind of ironic how Madonna's "Hung up" led me to Alizée and then she winds up singing that song herself.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-17-2009 at 08:31 AM..
Old 03-17-2009, 05:39 PM

johnkim2222003 is on a distinguished road

Two years ago, I noticed a group of woman except one, who wore the Chinese style of cloths during their unique dancing. I assumed that what they were dancing and singing must be related to oriental culture. Turned out that the "J'ai pas 20 ans" has everything but oriental culture. She tricked me to catch a common disease among the fans in this board, Alizee addition, but I have been very grateful to have this disease.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:02 PM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Hey that is an interesting story. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with women.
A Bourne fan I see.
Bourne ain't got shit on Bryan Mills.
And thanks for the luck, lord knows I need it. I recently made myself look like a week pathetic fool. I maybe a fool, but I'm not week. Everyone around here buries their issues in cigarettes and alcohol, I take it to the gym. Those same idiots have been trying to screw me out of my crosstrain cuz they're jealous that I took the initiative to get out of security forces. I've never been to a place that tries to drag so many people down, I can't wait to leave...

I learned a few things though. Don't flirt with women when stressed from work and dieting. All work and no chocolate makes Rob a dull boy.

Last edited by Dark Engine; 03-17-2009 at 06:10 PM..
Old 03-18-2009, 08:35 AM

CWatkins is on a distinguished road

I wish I could say exactly how I discovered Alizée but I can't remember. All I remember is that I was living at my dad's place after graduating from college and I was watching Moi... Lolita on my computer. It wasn't her looks that made me keep watching the clip, it was her voice that captivated me. I don't remember how the video got onto my computer but I'm sure I downloaded it off the internet somewhere. After my computer got wiped out, I lost the video clip and didn't try to find it again.

Last year, I was bored at work and was thinking of my college years because my 10th year high school reunion was coming up. So, I was looking up old friends from college and high school and I looked up Alizée as well. As an aside, I never really knew how powerful the internet was until I started looking up people. It's scary how many people you can find with just a name, location, and some time. Anyways, I found her latest CD, Psychédélices, and started listening to it. I heard a song with Juliet, Roméo, and Shakespeare and I wanted to know what the song was all about so I came here for a translation. Since then, I've been learning French. She has corrupted me. Oh well, I'll just deal with it.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:40 PM
psychedelices Depuis '67

JEP is on a distinguished road

My Brother-In-Law Downloaded The Jem Video So He Got Me To Watch This Video.I Was Hooked That Was 2 Years Ago. A Year Ago Christmas I Remembered That Video So I Searched U-Tube An Got Hooked On Her Moi Lolita VideoWhich Led To Her Other Videos. Was Able To Buy Her Mes Courants Electriques & Gourmandises At A Local Record Shop. I Plan On Buying En Concert & Psychedelices In Paris.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkins View Post
It wasn't her looks that made me keep watching the clip, it was her voice that captivated me. corrupted me. Oh well, I'll just deal with it.

Same here, what got me hooked was her voice, smile, and eyes. This might sound corney but when i seen her smile i melted lol.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:48 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

From what I can remember, the first time I heard/saw Alizée was early summer 2006, when two of my mates were watching Moi… Lolita and JEAM (blue dress) live videos and were excited about the upskirt dance. I didn’t really care at the moment and thought it was kind of pathetic trying to get a glimpse of here panties.
Anyway, looked her up later at home, thought the music was good too. Did more or less forgot about her over the years, though I watched the videos I had saved from time to time, and downloaded Psychédélices when it came.

And to make a long story with lack of content short, in august or something 2008 when I felt a bit down, I watched the videos and I don’t know, the famous Alizée Magic® just hit me like a lightning from clear sky and now I’m here.

<3