Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-13-2020, 07:27 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I don't think Alizee would read the forum in the first place, under any conditions.

From Stars Au Grand Air in 2014:

Someone who is averse to watching herself on TV would be averse to looking at a forum that is all about herself.
Strong point. Reading what fans write about her is like looking in a mirror. This forum has threads analyzing just about every body part she has (nose, feet, forehead, hands, etc.), the way she dresses, her singing voice and dancing ability, her many hair styles, the mistakes that she has made in the past, and so on.

Granted, the vast majority of posts about her are favorable, but even her most ardent fans have been critical at times, myself included. I believe Alizee has insecurity issues to some extent. Case in point is how in an interview, she mentioned she was teased as a child because of her glasses. We all know kids can be mean to each other and go out of their way to find something to tease somebody else for. Being teased for glasses seems so trivial, but apparently it's not to Alizee because she is reflecting on it a decade later during a public interview.

If anything, Alizee had come to this site and navigated around. Maybe she entered the forums and read the thread topics. But actually going into the threads and reading posts, I think she would probably stop there and not do it.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
A measure of her true regard for herself can be seen in the shots that she posted, online, when she was pregnant with Maggy. These shots were utterly “candid”, they hid literally absolutely nothing, about her physically, and, as a person. She was absolutely open about it, utterly vulnerable, and I will admit to being totally astounded by them, when they were first posted…

They were just… “unprecedented”, for someone who was usually so “measured”, in the limits of her “social exposure”…
Right? I think everybody here believed she would disappear for a year or more. I was amazed at what she shared with her fans. My favorite picture during that time was when she was in her third trimester and she is wading in a pool.

Heck, here it is...

It's more like a piece of art.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 05-13-2020 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-13-2020, 08:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think in normal times, even if her career was active, Alizée would not visit this forum, even to view fans opinions if she came out with some new songs. That you would think would be a valuable tool, but she is who she is.

Now maybe she wouldn't be put off if Annily or a friend reported to her what was going on, as long as the report was positive. Tell her bad news once and that would be the last time she listened to someone concerning this or any other site.

But these are not normal times. They've been apparently couped up in that house and inside routines can get old pretty quick. Now if it wasn't for one thing, I'd say Alizee would be tempted to browse sites she might not normally visit, but that one thing that might keep her preoccupied is Maggy, but still, infants sleep often. That's a lot of down time, a lot of monotonous down time.

Even if she doesn't, I think Annily would be very tempted. If she's visited this forum, she knows how many times we've mentioned her and we always speak well of her so I'd be very surprised if she didn't pay us a visit.

Greg too might even pay a visit. I think he's much more business minded than her. He probably wonders if her fans are still there and what they are saying about her, trying to figure out if there's still enough interest so there might be more shows in her future like Warsaw.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:44 AM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

I wonder if Alizee is still earning residuals off her work and if so is that a significant amount of money?
Old 05-16-2020, 02:44 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Shepherd24 View Post
I wonder if Alizee is still earning residuals off her work and if so is that a significant amount of money?
When her streaming was set up in late 2018, she announced it with an announcement that began: "Mylene, Laurent and I".

"Mylene, Laurent and I" sounds like a business deal.

She's definitely getting residuals from the streaming. I wonder how much annual income that would be.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Strong point. Reading what fans write about her is like looking in a mirror. This forum has threads analyzing just about every body part she has (nose, feet, forehead, hands, etc.), the way she dresses, her singing voice and dancing ability, her many hair styles, the mistakes that she has made in the past, and so on.

Granted, the vast majority of posts about her are favorable, but even her most ardent fans have been critical at times, myself included. I believe Alizee has insecurity issues to some extent. Case in point is how in an interview, she mentioned she was teased as a child because of her glasses. We all know kids can be mean to each other and go out of their way to find something to tease somebody else for. Being teased for glasses seems so trivial, but apparently it's not to Alizee because she is reflecting on it a decade later during a public interview.
I think the praise on the forum would bother her just as much as the criticism, if not more so. (This is perhaps characteristic of extremely shy individuals.)
Old 05-16-2020, 11:34 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think the praise on the forum would bother her just as much as the criticism, if not more so. (This is perhaps characteristic of extremely shy individuals.)
Hmm...

I really don't think she at all that "neurotic", at all, but I can't prove otherwise..

That's it...

New "mission'...

Somehow, deliver a compliment to Alizée, "live", in person, note the "result", and somehow, make it out of there, and back from Corsica, alive...

<Projected date of "completion", 12th of Never >

<But it's a very nice thought, and a very "noble" mission >
Old 05-21-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Right? I think everybody here believed she would disappear for a year or more. I was amazed at what she shared with her fans. My favorite picture during that time was when she was in her third trimester and she is wading in a pool.

I'm not surprised by the pregnancy photos. But since the birth, I think Alizee has been sharing too much on instagram. Look at all the pictures of baby Maggie--- the pictures are adorable, but is Alizee going to keep it up for Maggie's entire childhood? What about the kid's privacy?

And all the pictures of her new home--- particularly the backyard photos of the surrounding hillside-- that's perhaps not a good idea from a security standpoint. (Why invite trouble if you don't have to?)

If I was Greg, I think I'd sit down and have a talk with Alizee about the instagram.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 05-21-2020 at 11:28 PM..
Old 05-22-2020, 06:09 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not surprised by the pregnancy photos. But since the birth, I think Alizee has been sharing too much on instagram. Look at all the pictures of baby Maggie--- the pictures are adorable, but is Alizee going to keep it up for Maggie's entire childhood? What about the kid's privacy?

And all the pictures of her new home--- particularly the backyard photos of the surrounding hillside-- that's perhaps not a good idea from a security standpoint. (Why invite trouble if you don't have to?)
I agree with you. I don't like when people post photos of their little children.
They are all beautiful but I would prefer her not to show Maggy's face.
It may be justified by the fact that she is in quarantine (thus bored) but at the same time very happy for her current life. So maybe she doesn't even realize that she should be a bit more reserved (imho).
Or maybe she just doesn't care, who knows.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I agree with you. I don't like when people post photos of their little children.
They are all beautiful but I would prefer her not to show Maggy's face.
Exactly. The pictures of Maggie's face are unnecessary and (I think) violate her privacy.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 05-22-2020 at 05:48 PM..
Old 05-22-2020, 09:39 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

<Checks calendar to make sure it is not "Friday the 13th, or April 1st>

<Checks out the window to see if it's a "Full Moon", or not>

Okay, this might just be me, but sometimes, I get the feeling that we really don't give the "little lady" credit, for being a sentient, grown adult, that knows her own mind, and what she is "about" in life...

However...

As always, I fully respect your "views", and "opinions", , will, act accordingly, and take the appropriate measures in my "postings", and "musings", to make sure that no one is inadvertently "offended", or anything like that...

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline