Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 07-29-2009, 02:46 PM

Sitting by the bay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
The more we discuss video possibilities, the more urgency I feel to get this done so there is enough time left for video work.
I don't want to put the cart before the horse, so to speak. But I'd love to get the horse out there as soon as possible so someone has the time and opportunity to hook a cart up to it, if they so choose...
Totally agree. No use worrying about a video if we do not have a song. First things first.

People who might want to participate in the video portions should have their clip ready to go though, in the event we can pull off a video.

I also agree with the no speaking over the singing. So I think we should just stick to signage to get your birthday message out.

Last edited by Sitting by the bay; 07-29-2009 at 03:11 PM..
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

defenetly when you guys prduce the video, I would like to hear it finished. i think that this is a great idea that you guys are doing. Keep it up and good luck .
Old 08-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
im REALLY tired right now but tomorrow I'll send you my piece.

How many people were you expecting to get?
Sorry, Jalen. I didn’t notice your question until now. I was hoping to get somewhere between 10 and 20 people. But I actually had no idea how many to expect to get. It’s a tricky thing.

On the one hand, many have not been too shy to speak on podcasts which can go all over the world and each individual voice is heard. But singing seems to be different, even singing in a group can sometimes be hard for some people. Then there are brave souls like Roman who sang a cappella for the whole world to hear (and he did a fine job I might add, and I thoroughly enjoyed it). And of course there are always procrastinators who may be willing to participate, but just never get around to doing it. So I really have no idea how many to expect. Hopefully there will be enough participants and this will be a success, but we’re definitely not there yet.

It makes me appreciate the courage of our angel Alizée, when she was just 15, to step on that stage and sing for the world. Hopefully, in a small way, we can return the favor, at least to some extent.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Well folks, the deadline has passed for participating in this little project. Not counting Ben and me, the number of participants is zero. I was hoping this Alizée birthday project would do better than this, and along with the Birthday Contest, help to demonstrate to the Alizée fan world that the American fans are for real. Right now I would say we are not really on anyone’s radar. If we hope to get Alizée to the USA someday, this will have to change.

In hopes of salvaging this project, I’m extending it to Aug. 14. After that, there is no more time. The audio file you need and instructions are in the first post of this thread. Further, here is a link to the song in its current form so you can hear what it is we are working on.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nl2mjdyjozh

So far, it’s just Ben and I in the chorus. We need more people to fill it out. I realize that for some of you, singing is not your thing. But I think many of you are capable of doing this.

The French site www.Psychalizee.net is working on a project they are going to hand-deliver to Alizée. I can’t guarantee it, but if we could finish this project, maybe we could ask them to include a CD of it in their gift. Imagine Alizée seeing it with AlizeeUSA.com printed on it and listening to a bunch of us singing a birthday wish to her. It just might be possible, but not without a completed song. So please give this thing a shot. Let’s show everyone that we’re not just a bunch of benchwarmers here. Let’s get into the game.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

OK...but remember, you asked for it:

Me singing rather poorly in a lower key
Me singing in a higher key, also quite poorly

I post these publicly to effectively lower the bar for everybody else. No matter how bad you think you sound, you cannot possibly sound as bad as me. Mock me as you will. But I still participated.

Man up, ladies. This is the single most important bit of karaoke you'll do in your lifetime.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Very cool Lefty! And I'm sure that's fine for this, Ruroshen - you can hardly hear me in the sample.
C'mon everyone, let's do this. I'm sure Alizée will hear it (dunno if that motivates or intimidates more, but heh...)!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

I'll try and record my submission by the end of today (though that might depend; I need to wait for everyone to leave the house ).

Last edited by Toc De Mac; 08-10-2009 at 08:05 AM..
Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Half Dog Half Human

FireCanine is on a distinguished road

Hey I'll be in the song! I have recording equipment, all I need is to learn the lyrics. Where do I send you the file, when I finish recording?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Thanks, everyone for helping out and getting behind this project! We need as many participants as we can get, so get your recordings done and to me as soon as possible.

Ruro, it sounds great ! As a matter of fact, I'll use both your versions, it's sort of like getting 2 performers for the price of one... I have to say, you are one brave man for posting your part in public !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCanine View Post
Hey I'll be in the song! I have recording equipment, all I need is to learn the lyrics. Where do I send you the file, when I finish recording?
The best thing to do is upload your file (a good quality MP3 is fine) to www.mediafire.com, www.megaupload.com or a similar file hosting site and then PM me the download link. Make sure you read the first post of this thread. There are instructions and a sample file there to download, which you can sing along with. Don't use the full song posted above as a guide because it will make it hard for me to incorporate your part later.

And if anyone is in doubt as to whether their recording is OK, send it to me anyway. There are things I can do on my end to fix many problems.

Thanks again, everyone... And if you have any questions, post them here or PM me.

Edit: Here's the link to the sample file: http://www.mediafire.com/?kn1yu0nmhe1
Lyrics: “Joyeux Anniversaire / Alizée we celebrate / Joyeux Anniversaire”.

Last edited by lefty12357; 08-10-2009 at 06:20 PM..
Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Half Dog Half Human

FireCanine is on a distinguished road

ok I sent in my singing part