Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
Album 6 - Collector box

and a little article about the future of possible collector box
http://www.alizee-life.com/album6collector/
I believe this is your idea for what a collector set for her next album should include and not what will probably will come out and if it is your idea, again, great work Karin.

This does bring up a sore subject with me; the way she promotes herself with not only her collector sets, but also her store when it was open.

At the release of "5", I would say a fairly accurate stab of what her fan base consisted of was 80% male +/- 5, yet what does she include in the collector set???????...........a hat box!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could see what a conversation between some of her fans waiting to receive thier hat boxes would look like,

"Hey Rambo............I just received my collector set today.....................If you get back from grizzly bear hunting by the weekend..................why don't we get together and open this thing up.....................We'll give Gunny a call and see if he's back from defuzing ied's in Afghanistan, then we'll all get together and open this sucker up!!!!!!!!!!!".

I just have to shake my head in disbeleif at the way she's been running her career. All she had to do was offer fans a choice of one of 6 different posters. Why 6? Because with only 2, I'm sure she would pick some of those awful pictures from the Psych era. With 6, there's a small chance she might get one right. One that might really appeal to her fans. One fans would really like to have instead of fans just buying her collector set, not because it appealed to them, but just in support of her.

Wasn't there a delay with the collector set for 5? If you offered posters, if you could get one right, it would take very little time to get them out. Give her fans a personalized autographed poster of their choosing and they'd have something they'd be proud to display, instead of something they'd rather not be asked about.

But things have changed with DALS. She has gained a lot of young female fans, so once again, we will probably be stuck with another hat box, and we will buy it, not because we want one, but because we do it in support of her.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I could see what a conversation between some of her fans waiting to receive thier hat boxes would look like,
That's about how it went down for me at work...

Hey Hacksaw, remember that French singer that turned my life around? Her new album is coming out soon and I ordered the collector's set...... OMG! What's in it?...... Well, it's in a hatbox, and there is a compact mirror in there with some other stuff. ........ Like, a small mirror? ....... No, one a woman might use to check her look. ........... Okay, Ray.

It was the first collector set I ever got. And yeah, I got it to support her and I would have got it no matter what it contained. It was released in time for the actual album release, and I think they shipped them express. I got mine in time to take the book that held the CD with me to get it signed. But now it's all packed up in a closet waiting for who knows what.

I wonder how many people that got the set used their 'A' tattoo?
Old 02-11-2014, 08:46 AM

She just doesn't know how to market herself. Look at when the store was open. What did it sell? Cups and scarves or whatever they were with cats on them!!!! You got to be kidding me! Even the shirts left so much to be desired. She's an incredibly beautiful woman. Sell posters and no they don't have to show a lot of skin to be a success, but that wouldn't hurt. I'd love to have a large poster of her when she was making the video for ACC in that old coal washing plant in Belgium. Even the pictures Karin posted above would be good. There are many great recent pictures too, such as from the video for ACDLA and the show DALS.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:48 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

I see your point guys, but remember that the collector box does represent her and her style, not the style of people who buy it. I know some of you might think why that mirror etc. but those things are not really meant to be used, it's just a collector item.
Maybe "Gunny and Rambo" would appreciate if her next collector box was styled as ammo box, but for that they have to get collector edition of some war game maybe. Alizée's stuff will always be styled "girly". Just look at other collector editions, it always contains stuff that's styled to represent the game/movie/album... and it doesn't really matters who are the people who buy it.

Although with the posters you are right, I guess everyone would appreciate that.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:51 PM

Well the bottom line of all this is to make money and if she had a lot more female fans, at least when 5 came out, I could perfectly understand what she did, but as I mentioned before, it's mostly or was mostly a male fan base and she should put a little more consideration in what would appeal to them instead of what appeals to her.

EDIT: Thinking more about what Jordy said, it does make good sense in a perfect world for her to make a collector's edition in a way she see fits, to have it represent what she wants it to be, whether it appeals to anyone or not. But it hasn't been a perfect world for her since she started her comeback and I think she'd be better off taking into account what the many fans who have supported her through the years would like.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-11-2014 at 08:14 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
"Hey Rambo............I just received my collector set today.....................If you get back from grizzly bear hunting by the weekend..................why don't we get together and open this thing up.....................We'll give Gunny a call and see if he's back from defuzing ied's in Afghanistan, then we'll all get together and open this sucker up!!!!!!!!!!!".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
That's about how it went down for me at work...

Hey Hacksaw, remember that French singer that turned my life around? Her new album is coming out soon and I ordered the collector's set...... OMG! What's in it?...... Well, it's in a hatbox, and there is a compact mirror in there with some other stuff. ........ Like, a small mirror? ....... No, one a woman might use to check her look. ........... Okay, Ray.

It was the first collector set I ever got. And yeah, I got it to support her and I would have got it no matter what it contained. It was released in time for the actual album release, and I think they shipped them express. I got mine in time to take the book that held the CD with me to get it signed. But now it's all packed up in a closet waiting for who knows what.
These are the rather amusing perks of following a female pop singer of Alizée's caliber. Yes, Scruffy, you are right, she should have taken the fact that the majority of her fanbase is male into consideration, but I don't think that this will happen, and therefore I agree with Jordy. I guess Rambo and Hacksaw will have to make do with compact mirrors, Schmuck and "forever young"-themed memorabilia. They should have been happy that there are no ponies!

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)

Last edited by Marka; 02-12-2014 at 04:36 PM..
Old 08-29-2017, 06:58 PM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Couldn't someone make posters themselves?
Old 08-30-2017, 09:49 AM

Well it depends on what you are going to do with those posters. If you're just going to make up some posters and hang them up in your own place, who's going to find out? If you used a still from let's say a J'en ai marre performance, the rights to those videos and any stills that may be captured of those videos, belong to someone else. I'm not sure if it's Polydor or Universal or MF/LB or whoever who owns those rights now, but they are not going to be pleased, seeing other people making money off of something they own the rights to. There are also some very good stills taken during En Concert, but the rights to those too belong to someone.

A few years back, I saw 3 posters of the same picture of Alizee for sale from some place in France. I bought them and sold 2 to other people I know and I thought of having copies made of the one I had and offering them 'privately' to other fans. This was a promotional poster and I believe it has copyright labels on it, meaning you can't legally do what I wanted to do, but this was several years after the height of her popularity peak and these weren't being printed any more so it wasn't really costing the owners of the rights to the poster anything if a few people here and there had some posters made. I had found someone who I think would've copied it, but at some point the idea fell by the wayside.

In this thread, you see the name Karen in several posts. She was a member who made several covers of cds and albums and she put together some good videos too. She seemed to suddenly disappear at one point and I'm not sure if it's true but I heard it's because those covers went a little too far.

Alizee forum was one of the bigger fans sites out there. They got into trouble because they started posting ads which meant they were making money off of Alizee and they were almost shut down because of it. So you have to be careful about what you do and how you do it.

Alizée_-_En_Concert_-_poster.jpg
Old 11-19-2017, 04:51 AM

<3
Old 01-15-2018, 09:05 PM

Tags
alizee, fan creation, jpva, karin, les colllines, limelight, promo