Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-14-2016, 01:06 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Sounds like it was a great trip all-in-all.

Any chance you got a photo of "The Sundial?"
No I only rented the car for one day and because I didn't know for sure until just a couple of days before I left that I would be able to go, I wasn't able to do a lot of advanced planning. I mainly set my sights on 2 things, going to the Chateau de la Punta because of it's history and it's view, then to the area just to the north of the Blood Islands where she likes to go. I was curious to see that view for myself. Now usually when a picture is posted from here, it shows the bay off to the north as with the selfie her brother took of the group, but it looks like they also get a great view of the Blood Islands too.

A few other notes. A lot of the Blood Islands are covered in dirt. On my boat trip that went north of there, there was a big island that was all rock and it was much more dramatic and obvious how these islands get their reddish color. I don't think the color showed up that well in my photos. I'll post a few after I finish this and see.

I was also curious to go to that little shopping plaza we've seen her at. I was curious to see what the main attraction was, but it was probably just a place she likes to do some of her shopping and might be easier to get to instead of driving into Ajaccio if you can get to it without driving that way.

So I got a lot done, but left a lot open which gives me reason to go back again and I'm sure there will be another trip.

As far as seeing Alizée, it never really bothered me that she may never have been there while I was there. I know she went off apparently on another photo shoot and I don't know if she ever came back while I was there. But I was tres, tres happy on this whole trip, I think mainly because of having my travel privileges back. Even if she was there, the odds of seeing her are very small and I found back in 2013 I think it was when she returned here after Les Enfoires instead of going back to Paris, I didn't want to leave downtown Ajaccio for the fear of missing her. The fact that I never had an opportunity on this trip, may bother me now more that I'm back and have time to reflect, than it did while I was there. But it was a great trip for me.

Edit:

Again having issues with Photobucket. They are down for site maintenance. I just signed up for Flickr, but that's a different animal I have to learn.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-14-2016 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-21-2016, 09:10 AM

I was thinking of sending the Chez Paulo family some type of gift for the great way they treated me while I was over there. I wanted to get something particular to this country. I thought of some of those packages of cheese and sausage you see a lot of around Christmas time, but one company I was looking at wont ship to France because it takes about 2 weeks to get there.

Also where the restaurant serves a lot of drinks I'm sure, maybe getting a select bottle of something like Kentucky bourbon, but it's very difficult to have something like that shipped overseas.

Maybe some candy????
Old 05-22-2016, 12:34 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;255893]I was thinking of sending the Chez Paulo family some type of gift for the great way they treated me while I was over there. I wanted to get something particular to this country.

I'd like to be of help. I agree that something distinctively American would be appropriate, so I've made a list:

A Donald Trump T-Shirt
A Confederate flag made in China
A bag of fortune cookies (They were invented in USA)
A box of Freedom Fries
A plastic Jesus for their dashboard
An autographed photo of Miley Cyrus on the wrecking ball
A peanut butter and jelly sandwich on Wonder Bread
A package of Twinkies
A bottle of California wine (I recommend Thunderbird)
Mom and apple pie
One of the Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo
A U.S. Marine armed with an M-16A1 with a banana clip
A pocket sized copy of the Constitution
A Buffalo

Last edited by Shepherd; 05-22-2016 at 12:49 AM..
Old 05-22-2016, 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=Shepherd;255907]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I was thinking of sending the Chez Paulo family some type of gift for the great way they treated me while I was over there. I wanted to get something particular to this country.

I'd like to be of help. I agree that something distinctively American would be appropriate, so I've made a list:

A Donald Trump T-Shirt
A Confederate flag made in China
A bag of fortune cookies (They were invented in USA)
A box of Freedom Fries
A plastic Jesus for their dashboard
An autographed photo of Miley Cyrus on the wrecking ball
A peanut butter and jelly sandwich on Wonder Bread
A package of Twinkies
A bottle of California wine (I recommend Thunderbird)
Mom and apple pie
One of the Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo
A U.S. Marine armed with an M-16A1 with a banana clip
A pocket sized copy of the Constitution
A Buffalo
A buffalo!!!Are you crazy!!!! Do you have any idea how much it would cost to ship a buffalo to Ajaccio???

I got a good laugh out of reading your list.
As far as a confederate flag made in China. There are several shops in Ajaccio that sell the Moor's head flag and they are all made in China. In fact, most of the souvenirs there are made in China.

Wonder bread was my favorite growing up.

I wouldn't ship a Kardashian to my worst enemy.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:56 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

How about a replica of the Statue of Liberty, with Made in China stamped on it?.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:47 AM

Statue of Liberty!!!!!...I suppose someone else is next going to propose some French toast!!!
Old 05-23-2016, 04:28 PM

I think the problem is solved. I couldn't find a way to have a certain product shipped from this country, but I've found a way in which I can have a French "store" that stocks include American made products, do what I'm looking to have done. It's a possibility it could be a store in Ajaccio that can do it. I'll know if I get a return message to my e-mail, but more likely it will be a store in Paris.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:38 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Another trip soon... Possibly in mid-June??
Old 05-30-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Another trip soon... Possibly in mid-June??
Not likely, but not totally out of the question either. That's the beauty of the job I have. If I can get somebody to work for me and the planes aren't full, I can fly anytime. I think as far as june, you are talking in reference to a certain event we think might happen then. I would never consider going unless it was a public event which I doubt it will be.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:54 AM

The bottle of American whiskey I bought for the Chez Paulo family arrived today in Ajaccio. The store where I bought it did not include the note I wrote, so as soon as I saw it arrived, I sent a message via FB saying it was a small gift thanking them for the way her and her family had treated me during my stay in Ajaccio.

I soon got a return message....

Merci beaucoup pour ce cadeau de plus un très bon whisky c vraiment très gentil nous sommes très touchés si quelque chose vous ferez plaisir nous serions très content de vous l envoyer toutes nos amicales salutations

which Google translates to...

Thank you for this gift of more than a good whiskey c really nice we are very affected if you do something fun we would be very happy to send you the our friendly greetings

The first part of the message I understand, but not quite the second part.

Attachment 1322

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-04-2018 at 01:29 PM..