Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road
Default My reworkings of Eden, A Coeur Fendre, and Limelight

Well, it's been quite a while since I did a reworking of an Alizée song, but I had wanted to wait for the new album...and the release took a little longer than I had expected.

My mindset is that this track was created more in response to the album and what I feel are its shortcomings, mainly percussion and drive of the songs. And I'm no record producer, but I did the best I could to emphasize the underlying greatness in some of these songs that was unfortunately masked by the percussion and the "values" of electronica. I realize I may not agree with some of you on my opinions on this album. But the compositions themselves are generally great!

Anyway, this is one of my usual "mashups," containing a layout similar to my TDM/PLP file. It starts with Eden, followed by ACF, then I do a little section of Limelight which is the bridge to connect to a reprise of Eden at the end. Listen to the whole thing before you comment on the layout And, as always, it's instrumental, and, as always, it's quite long. I highly recommend the A Coeur Fendre section, I feel it turned out the best.

I'm interested to hear what Lefty has to say from a technical standpoint about this one.

And with that, friends, I present to you, my version of "Eden, Eden", "A Coeur Fendre", and "Limelight".

Download Link

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Hope ImRawdg is down with this....but to make it easier on people here is the song he did:

<div>
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="210" height="25" id="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://uploads.mp3songurls.com/EdenACFLimelight.mp3&autoStart=no" />
<param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<embed src="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://uploads.mp3songurls.com/EdenACFLimelight.mp3&autoStart=no" quality="high" width="210" height="25" name="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>
</object>
<br /><a style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; padding-left: 41px; color: #2DA274; text-decoration: none; border-bottom: none;" href="http://www.podbean.com">Powered by Podbean.com</a>
</div>
That's very helpful, I guess I never really looked into a way to post it like that. Thanks

Last edited by ImRawdg; 05-05-2010 at 12:53 AM..
Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Bavo, magnifique like always man!

You did it again maestro lol! WOW! I love the way you added the percussion in Eden Eden. It just flows in very smoothly and in a very harmonious way. Great job indeed in ACF, I mean the whole remix piece itself was absolutely wonderful. The correct beat, the instruments, the arrangements, the transition to one song to the next ESPECIALLY from Limelight being deep and hard and cleverly bringing it down and introducing back Eden Eden. Man Dude you know I'm a great fan of your work, and I can not wait to see what your future as a muscian will be. Hope this piece gets shared in the AAm Facebook or why not share it with Alizee's Facebook . Once again great job and like always looking forward to your future works, Thank You for sharing it!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Rawdg, you have a talent. Well done, you should definitely send these to Alizée.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:06 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

That's excellent ImRawdg!!! Going straight to my Walkman
Old 05-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
That's excellent ImRawdg!!! Going straight to my Walkman
I can top that, they're already synced to my cylinder.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I only discovered your compositions after selling my computer. So I have never heard them. Is there any chance you have a youtube with these uploaded? I would love to hear them!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:35 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Ahh I love this soo much! Eden, Eden and ACF are my two favourite songs on the album and you really do bring out everything that's great about them. Not such a big fan of Limelight (the original) but I've always liked the melody and your instrumental remix means I can listen to it without the distraction of the slightly bizarre lyrics also, I'm loving the rock sonorities that creep in throughout the Limelight section
keep up the amazing work!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:00 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

Bravo! excellent work
Old 05-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yes ! Excellent indeed ! Another ImRawdg classic !

I really like the transitions between each song - they are creative and well thought out.
All the instruments sound good and you did a great job playing them. Very nice mix, too. All in all, an excellent piece of work, imho.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Very nice indeed! I especially like what you've done with Limelight.

(Doesn't keep me from loving the originals still, esp. Eden Eden, j'adore beaucoup cette chanson )

Last edited by CFHollister; 05-04-2010 at 06:43 PM..