Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-21-2013, 01:21 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
IMHO, I believe Alizee is a case of "can't have your cake and eat it too." It's like she wants the good aspects of being super famous without the bad. She wants to fill a big venue, but doesn't really want to do the work. She takes too long of a break in between albums and doesn't do that much promotion.

I'll admit they gave 5 a decent effort with promotion. Not really the best because they released ACDA and then postponed the album. Then when it came out, they were still using ACDA for promotion. They should have chosen a new song sooner. Nobody cares about a song that came out a year ago.

I think she'd do well as an artist like Emilie Autumn who is not considered super famous, but she tours the world doing fairly small concerts.
I think if left to her own devices, she would get little accomplished. I think she is the type of person that needs to be driven and with the right person behind her, I feel she could still accomplish great things.

Sony did put a lot into promoting her. We can't argue that, but there was a lot of room for improvement. As Euphoria said, ACDLA came out way too soon. Both ACDLA and JVB should have both come out around the same time and that is shortly before the release of album. I think that would have been a great one two punch. These are good songs and I feel they and the album should have done much better than they are doing.

I also thought they needed a better video for ACDLA. I think they wanted it to tell a story, but the one it told was too vague, too simple and with JVB there was no video; a big mistake in my opinion.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:58 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

At least she has not given up. She went back into the studio to record... something. Also, she posted the item about taking photos recently. the one that ended with: "take another shot..."

Between the two her intention is clear. She is still intending to continue to have a career.

When I was in college, there was this wrestler there that the coach told a story about: He had the worst style of any wrestler he had ever seen at that level. He would go out and try a move, and it would fail. Then he would try another move, and it would fail. Then he would try another move, and it would fail. Then he would try another move, and it would fail. This would go on and on until eventually the other wrestler would be exhausted and a move would succeed ...barely. He won almost every match he wrestled this way, and eventually became the number one wrestler in the country - more than once.

Of course, over time, his style did improve. However, he got where he was because he simply never quit.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

You can lead Alizée to the US but you can't make her a star. I gave up long ago trying to get her to come to the US for a concert. My feeling is, if she wanted it, she could've had it. I've spoken with some french people living here who lived in France during her Lolita years and that is all they remember. "Oh yes, that teenage girl who used to sing. That was a long time ago." they would say.

If she's happy where she's at today, why beat our heads against the wall trying to get her to do our will?
Old 07-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

I just wish she would put as much effort into her music as she does shopping. Every week she has a few new things that costs thousands of euros. She lives in Ajaccio and is not a major star where she needs to be seen in high end clothes every day there. But yet she buys very expensive outfits....Just sayin....
Old 07-21-2013, 02:54 PM

That's funny. I don't remember her in high end outfits in the recent beach photos.

Quite frankly, for the most part, I think she dresses based on situation.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:15 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I really think Alizee's best chance is in New York. Nolwenn is coming back there next month after a performance there last year.

It's should have been Alizee!!!

I'm happy for Nolwenn though.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I really think Alizee's best chance is in New York. Nolwenn is coming back there next month after a performance there last year.

I'm happy for Nolwenn though.

That seems quite promising, if Alizée performed there and sold enough tickets, I bet they'd ask for her again.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:46 PM

Here's a first preview artists confirmed for this exceptional event: Jean-Louis Aubert, Patricia Kaas, Julien Clerc, Duffy, Beth Ditto, Angelique Kidjo, Zaz, Olivia Ruiz, Cœur de Pirate, Nolwenn Leroy, Camelia Jordana... Soon raise curtain on the international artists who will be joining us!

It's NOT too late!!!!!

They have not announced ALL yet.

Perhaps a QUICK email barrage could add Alizée to the list.

Last edited by Rev; 07-22-2013 at 12:01 AM..
Old 07-23-2013, 01:38 AM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post

Yeah especially so considering she loves New York.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur