Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Autograph session - Taking one for the team!

No word yet in response to our letters so we don't know if there will be any way that we can get all these cds signed. Now if that's the case and I have to get in the regular autograph line, I will only be able to get so many cds. I think the most I could ask for is 6. Maybe they will let me get in line a second time and a third time and maybe they wont.

I hope to go speak to a FNAC manager and see if there is a way we can get the most done and if that's not possible, at least get the least done.

So I may only be able to get a handful of cds signed. I've been discussing with the other mods as how to choose, who get's one. Of course how long a member has been a member will be an important consideration. How much they have contributed, is another one and I don't mean money wise. Me and the other mods take care of most of that. Of course there are other factors in our considerations.

So it's going to be very tough call for us.

So what I need to know is who is willing to give up a chance of a cd if we are limited? I wont be getting one myself.

I thought weeding out those who recieved one last time, might narrow it down quite a bit, but we still have about 40 names.

So keep in mind this is huge for many of us, but for some, a lot more than others, so please give it careful consideration as to whether or not you are willing to take your name off the list. I will try hard to get all the members who have requested one, a signed cd, but I have to be prepared for the worst.

Edit:

It's kind of funny but I was just going through the list of people who recieved an autographed cd last time. I had found the list I presented to her. As I've said before in my correnspondence to FNAC now or in the past with VMS, getting an autographed cd gives our members a level of closeness to her that they might never otherwise experience.

Well the list, like I said, was the list I presented to her back in 2010. This was the list she thumbed through. There's even a drop of paint from those specially made pens on the first page and I thought, well that's a great level of closeness.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-26-2013 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

If that's what happens, I want the honor of being the second name to be dropped from the list! And thanks again, Scruff!

Actually, just minutes ago, I was looking up Jacques Brel on Wikipedia, and I was struck by this sentence:

Quote:
Between 22 February and 12 April, he recorded his fifth album for Philips simply titled, No. 5, which introduced the future Brel classics "Marieke" and "Le moribond" (The dying man).
The year was 1961, "Le moribund" would live on to be poorly translated as the song "Seasons In The Sun", and Jacques' fifth album was going to be called just "No. 5". So then I looked at Wikipedia a little further
Quote:
Also known as 5, the album was released in 1961 by Philips (B 76.513 R). The album was reissued on 23 September 2003 under the title Marieke as part of the 16-CD box set Boîte à Bonbons by Barclay (980 816-7)."
"5"? "Boîte à Bonbons"? "Gourmandises"? "5.2"?

I guess what I mean is, hey Scruffy, don't sweat it too much. I have a feeling that most of your trip is just going to fall right into place, in ways you never would have been able to predict. But whatever happens...

Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I'm going to the beautiful city of Paris again. After that, I will go to Munich for 3 days. There's a lot of great sites around Munich. But Paris and Munich mean little to me, because of Alizee. I know how much she has meant to me, so it's easy to understand how much she means to others and it's those who she means the most to, that I want to do the most for.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:11 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, you can drop me if you have to. Thanks for everything!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Scruffy I will take one for the team and volunteer to be dropped if necessary. You do a lot for Aam and I just hope that you have a great trip and enjoy yourself. Although your heart is definitely in the right place, I hope the attempts to get our cd's signed doesn't take away from your experience. Savor the flavor!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:32 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Hi Scruffy,

You can drop my name if the need be. Have a safe trip!

-Sumit
Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 AM
LILI :D

Araz77 is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, for example if you get can get 6 signed by yourself and if there are other Alizée america members there maybe they can get multiple cd's signed, e.g 1 AAMember = 6 cd's
2 AA Members = 12 cd's 3AA Members = 18 cd's and so on. Thanks Scruffy.

Last edited by Araz77; 03-26-2013 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-26-2013, 06:55 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Even if it hurts to say it... and even though I terribly regret no being able to help out by joining you there , as a way to apologize , please drop my name if you really have to. I guess there's many people across the atlantic who crave for a signed CD just as much as I do but who won't get a chance to have such a privilege as often as someone living in europe.

But with that in mind, I'm still hoping that Alizée's kindness will be left untouched, that she'll recognize you and agree to sign them all .

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Uber Leet Member

Geech is on a distinguished road

I some how missed the last sessions and would love to have one but if it makes your life even a sliver easier you can take me off the list. I've been a member for a longggg time but I also know that there are people on here that contribute a lot more then I do and they probably deserve it more then I. Enjoy your trip Scruffy!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:40 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I bought one of the "leftover" cd's from last session, so I don't need another one as badly as some members maybe do. You can drop my name too, and thanks again for all the efforts.