Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2008, 12:15 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Presumably you can have chit-chat with an interviewee before/after the interview with the agreement that it is off the record, no?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:45 PM

kdc300z is on a distinguished road

I dont see any connection. I don't think it would be professional.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I'm sorry, wish I had something smarter to say, but ROFLMAO!
had to google what ROFLMAO means
glad you thought it was that funny
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
had to google what ROFLMAO means
glad you thought it was that funny

I'm running through my head on what will actually happen if the guy does know and like Alizée.

[Reporter]: I was watching that En Concert video on 'Youpidou' and I was like...
[Footballer]: I know the feeling, oh my goodness, the smile and the laughter...
[Reporter]: Oh i was jumping
[Footballer]: I was jumping too, it was crazy
Old 06-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

Ok , thank you all for your replies , and the majority seems pretty conclusive so I'll be as good as my word and turn the interview on to Alizee.

To answer some of your questions , I should have made clear it is a print interview so I am able to edit the content freely and I was always thinking more of in the general conversation than the main core of the interview itself.In response to Snatcher42 the piece is sports-centred rather than personal which would have made it much easier to make references to interests etc.

tbailey and TheBarrett ,as much as I LMAO (as you kids say) at your interview scenarios I don't think I'll be that obvious.

Anyway , thanks again and as I'm off to the airport in the next couple of hours I've still got time to practice saying Alizee's name in the mirror without grinning like a loon (harder than it sounds !)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuated View Post
I think i would ask them about her. If from the first question they seem uncomfortable about it, then maybe you could back off the Alizée-related topic.

If it doesn't harm the integrity of your job too much, might i ask which player(s) on the current squad used to play for Ajaccio? Or more specifically who are you interviewing for Les Bleus?
I left them deliberately nameless for a few reasons.Firstly , I didn't want to come across as a "namedropper".Secondly ,as unlikely as it would be , I wouldn't like my employers to catch me talking out of turn.Lastly , and most importantly , there is every chance the list of players I have now will change on the day and I end up interviewing other names instead.

I hope you understand my reasons for this and I will happily tell you who they were after the interviews are over (although Wikipedia is a decent source for players previous clubs ).Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelizee
Also if you see Malouda , tell him he's cr*p.Thanks
Now THAT'S unprofessional (if true on this season's form !).
Old 06-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par mon paupieres
Anyway , thanks again and as I'm off to the airport in the next couple of hours I've still got time to practice saying Alizee's name in the mirror without grinning like a loon (harder than it sounds !)

Seriously, that WAS harder than it sounds.
I'm pathetic.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

Greetings from Switzerland !

I realised it was about time I updated what happened with the interview. Well I'd love to be able to say that the player knew Alizee personally and he gave me her number but I don't think anyone's THAT lucky.

Anyway here's how it went down.

The interview was going well and we had struck up a rapport and shared a few jokes so I felt comfortable enough to ask about Lili.I just casually mentioned my plans to see her live on tour later in the year and the coincidence that he used to play for her hometown club.

He was more than happy to talk and he told me that his niece used to ask him all the time whether he ever saw her as she was , and he thinks still is , a huge Alizee fan.He also said that apparently you could tell if she was at a game as the crowd size increased shortly after kick-off as word got around that Lili was at the match.He did say that this was the story he was told but he could never be sure himself and doesn't know whether it was true or not.

Overall while he was aware of Alizee's fame and success (particularly noticable at that time) he never actually met her or saw her at the stadium.Of course he may not have been telling me the truth but I have no reason to doubt him.

That said my name-dropping of Alizee may have had a more profound effect than I realised , as France's performances have been terrible in the Euros so maybe they've been too distracted after I planted the Lili bomb in the camp.

So there we have it.Not as exciting as it might have been but interesting nonetheless.Thanks to everyone for their advice in helping me to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuated View Post
If it doesn't harm the integrity of your job too much, might i ask which player(s) on the current squad used to play for Ajaccio? Or more specifically who are you interviewing for Les Bleus?
As promised before , the player in question was Sebastien Squillaci of Lyon.A very pleasant guy and a fun interviewee.

The other players interviewed were :

- Lilian Thuram (A real gent)
- Jeremy Toulalan (A good laugh)
- Thierry Henry (Great , if you get him in the right mood)
- Patrice Evra (Always a responsive interviewee)
- Franck Ribery (Very interesting character)

I don't think they are in quite the same frame of mind now though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett
Seriously, that WAS harder than it sounds.
I'm pathetic.
Not just me then !
Old 06-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

Awesome, glad to hear the update! Yeah after i checked the players past teams in wikipedia the only one i could find was Squillaci. That's really cool you got to interview all those players. Did you get to take in many matches?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par mon paupieres View Post

The other players interviewed were :

- Lilian Thuram (A real gent)
- Jeremy Toulalan (A good laugh)
- Thierry Henry (Great , if you get him in the right mood)
- Patrice Evra (Always a responsive interviewee)
- Franck Ribery (Very interesting character)
That is so cool! I am die hard Les Blues supporter, I would have loved to meet those guys! You are right Thuram is a real gentleman. He actually admitted that he made a mistake by not closing down Robben faster in the Holland game, shows class, he is actually admitting his mistake. Thuram, he has been around since winning the '98 World Cup. He always gives his best for France. I felt bad for the guy after the Holland game. I heard that Ribery is the joker in the squad. I didn't know Squillaci used to play for Ajaccio FC. Too bad, he won't be seeing any playtime at the Euro's he won't make France's first string.