Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-12-2010, 06:07 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

too bad that Shanghai is so far away... I just hope she won't perform in front of people who don't even know her...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 06-12-2010, 06:13 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your thoughts on the Shanghai topic, MA.

Indeed it's a great opportunity for her to create some buzz and gaining new fans in Asia by partaking in such a huge event. Ofc there will be many concerts and maybe she will get lost in the noise.
So i hope she will deliver something outstanding that makes people remember!
She does not have that much opportunities these days so she should make it count.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:23 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Indeed it's a great opportunity for her to create some buzz and gaining new fans in Asia by partaking in such a huge event.
Yeah, remember China and its neighbor are home to more than 1/3rd of the humanity
Old 06-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
too bad that Shanghai is so far away... I just hope she won't perform in front of people who don't even know her...
Yeah, it's sad to know that you just can see her performing just because the place is too far away. What to say about your hope. All I can hope is that whatever they decide turns out to be good for her, whether it happens because of fans or people who doesn't know her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Thanks for your thoughts on the Shanghai topic, MA.

Indeed it's a great opportunity for her to create some buzz and gaining new fans in Asia by partaking in such a huge event. Ofc there will be many concerts and maybe she will get lost in the noise.
So i hope she will deliver something outstanding that makes people remember!
She does not have that much opportunities these days so she should make it count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
Yeah, remember China and its neighbor are home to more than 1/3rd of the humanity
I doubt that something extraordinary will happen there. She won't be popular there in one day. She might get lost in the noise of such a big event. But it would be good to see if it has some effect on the people. If she can do something to remember it would be good for her. It's sad to see that France is ignoring such an artist. If her situation doesn't improve in France and Europe, then she would certainly need new areas.

These places have 1/3rd of world population, but success of a French artist is very difficult there. Her concert is an opportunity to take the advantage of spark of Expo. Only time will tell that how much this turns out to be big for her. She just might end up there by just earning some good money and that's all. I really don't have any expectation from there. But we really hope best her as indicated by the words of Fenris. I must say that you see things in positive ways.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
These places have 1/3rd of world population, but success of a French artist is very difficult there.
I really think we need to start reconsidering if she should be called a "French Artist" or not. I mean she is really an international star. She is no longer popular in France for her new works. She IS French, but is not a French Artist.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I really think we need to start reconsidering if she should be called a "French Artist" or not. I mean she is really an international star. She is no longer popular in France for her new works. She IS French, but is not a French Artist.
Hahaa, I believe if you are an artist that happens to be French, you are, indeed, a French artist. No matter your fan base.

Take Boa for example, she's a Korean singer, but she's so much more active in other Asian countries, especially in Japan. In the end though, she's a Korean artist.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Hahaa, I believe if you are an artist that happens to be French, you are, indeed, a French artist. No matter your fan base.

Take Boa for example, she's a Korean singer, but she's so much more active in other Asian countries, especially in Japan. In the end though, she's a Korean artist.
True True, but I can give so many examples of counters to your statement. But it's sort of a mix of who we call artists from their country and who we call artists where they have a fan base.

David Guetta is from France, and we call him an American artist since he isn't as popular in France.

Justin Bieber is Canadian, but we call him an American artist since he isn't as popular in Canada.

The list goes on...
Old 06-12-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
True True, but I can give so many examples of counters to your statement. But it's sort of a mix of who we call artists from their country and who we call artists where they have a fan base.

David Guetta is from France, and we call him an American artist since he isn't as popular in France.

Justin Bieber is Canadian, but we call him an American artist since he isn't as popular in Canada.

The list goes on...
Well for one, David Guetta released albums in the United States, and worked with many other American artists and produced songs with them as well.

As for Justin Bieber.. I don't even want to talk about him.

And unfortunately for Alizée... I don't she's popular enough to be called anything else. She can hardly be called a Mexican artist!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:30 PM

We won't resolve this, so I say we promote her to International artist just because...
Old 06-12-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
We won't resolve this, so I say we promote her to International artist just because...
Struggling French artist to a baseless artist? Sounds like a bad idea.. just cuz.

Tags
alizee, l6/9, nrj