Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I recall one instance where Alizee broke character and stated that she had met Ariana Grande at a party or some other social event and found her to be vulgar.

The statement took me by surprise on two accounts: 1. I never heard Alizee criticize anyone before, and 2. I didn't think this was a good idea for her to go public with. Making enemies unnecessarily can come back and bite her. Ariana is a powerful person in the business and could influence events against Alizee.

I am not a fan of Ariana, but I think she is very talented. Having said that, I'm pretty sure Alizee is right, Ariana is vulgar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGtm_HpTlKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXa0zpZoYCY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Ugh. Watching those videos just confirms why I ignore pop stars for decades, except for Alizee. Alizee once said she wasn't going to get caught in the "vulgarity trap." That was really nice to hear.

Well I missed that comment about Ariana, but she did say the truth and not just give her opinion. Sometimes it is best to call somebody out on their behavior though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Alrighty, lets see what has been happening with regard to Instagram posts….......

Speaking of “good for the heart”, well Johann Jacotey posted a very nice shot on his IG page flamingyo24…

Ooooo… Need I say more?

Now, Annily also posted on her IG page, so will drop that in her thread as appropriate.

Apart from that, nothing much happening…
Well we do have some good artists in our country such as Taylor Swift, but then again there are too many like Ariana. Incredibly talented like Miley Cyrus, but someone you hope nobody in your family ever turns out like.

What a breath of fresh air Alizée would have been in this country.

I was pleased to watch that SNL video. Years ago I used to watch them religiously, even after all the good actors left and it suffered through years of mediocrity, you couldn't pay me not to watch it. Now you couldn't pay me to watch it. It's just gotten too political.

I'm assuming that's Johann's car in the picture. Hopefully he is doing well with the business he started in Ajaccio.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

If that is indeed his Porsche, he must be doing “ not too badly”...

Very nice.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm assuming that's Johann's car in the picture. Hopefully he is doing well with the business he started in Ajaccio.
I'm assuming you are talking about photography?

I have known a few photographers that had a business and did well. Once you get past the startup costs, there is not much overhead compared to other service businesses. A professional camera can easily set you back 6 or 7 grand (if you get a Nikon). You have to have a backup camera in case the first one fails. Then the lenses... and the lights... and the gadgets. Johann probably inherited some of Jo's equipment, or gets to use it. Maybe they struck a deal between them. In any event, Johann probably did not have to start from scratch and makes it all the better.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:43 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Old 06-03-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I'm assuming you are talking about photography?

I have known a few photographers that had a business and did well. Once you get past the startup costs, there is not much overhead compared to other service businesses. A professional camera can easily set you back 6 or 7 grand (if you get a Nikon). You have to have a backup camera in case the first one fails. Then the lenses... and the lights... and the gadgets. Johann probably inherited some of Jo's equipment, or gets to use it. Maybe they struck a deal between them. In any event, Johann probably did not have to start from scratch and makes it all the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post

A friend from Finland pointed out they called Alizée "Chanteuse"!

1; Johann opened up some type of shoe store a couple of years ago. I think it might have been some type of store that people could hang out in and have drinks too........not really sure?

2; What is the significance of the ring/rings?

3; I saw a related image on FB. It had a Google translation of the original post. I think the English version wasn't translated well.

violence resized.jpg

vc.jpg

A friend from Finland pointed out they called Alizée "Chanteuse"!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-03-2019 at 12:13 PM..
Old 06-03-2019, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
1; Johann opened up some type of shoe store a couple of years ago. I think it might have been some type of store that people could hang out in and have drinks too........not really sure?

2; What is the significance of the ring/rings?
1. Johann has a IG account called flamingyo.weddings where it has a picture of him and the title of Photographer. He even has a link to a short video clip of a marrying couple that it looks like he took.

https://vimeo.com/336196897

2. You click on the rings and they are labeled "danielwellington". I looked up the site, and it is a Malaysian based company selling designer watches and jewelry accessories. All prices are in Malaysian currency, and with the strong dollar, 1 USD=4 RM makes the prices relatively cheap I guess. I don't shop for jewelry so I don't really have anything to compare it to.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:03 PM

The name of his shop is Club Fesch/Romance Sneakers. I walked past it in my last visit to Ajaccio, but it was closed. I found this video he made of it.

http://vimeo.com/266173673

Club Fesch Romance sneakers.jpg

A couple of years ago he came out with a video called something like Yogacalifornia which was about that beach area at Little Capo, near the Blood Islands. I thought he did a good job with that and with that and another video, I liked his taste in music. I wonder if he's taken any courses in photography? I'm sure his dad gives him some tips, but it seems like Jo focuses (no pun intended) more on photographs, than videos.

Edit:

Looking at the video CleverCowboy posted a link for and another one done by Johann, I have to say they look professionally done. When you get married, you don't turn the job of filming the video over to anyone, not even the brother of a beautiful singer like Alizée, just because of who they are related to. It's a life time memory, so you choose someone who knows what they are doing and I have to think that Johann knew very well what he was doing and the videos he made were ones I would love to have if I were in that positions in my next life (Lord knows it's too late for this life!) So I have to think, he did have some training in this area.

https://vimeo.com/282999559

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-03-2019 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The name of his shop is Club Fesch/Romance Sneakers. I walked past it in my last visit to Ajaccio, but it was closed. I found this video he made of it.

Interesting. I wonder if his shop is where Alizee got her sneakers with the big hearts on it?

Johann is a Jacotey and they have talent and smarts in the family. Having a couple of businesses is right in line with what the family is capable of.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;265443]The name of his shop is Club Fesch/Romance Sneakers. I walked past it in my last visit to Ajaccio, but it was closed. I found this video he made of it.

Attachment 2665

That was a very interesting video. I wonder if the place always serves food & beverages, or if that was some kind of special party or event. It looks like it has a set up for serving drinks, at least, so maybe it’s a regular thing. A very unique idea, at least as far as my experience goes. I hope he’s doing well with it. When you walked by and it was closed, Scruffy, was that just because it was after business hours or did it seem closed for some other reason?

Edit:

Quote:
Well we do have some good artists in our country such as Taylor Swift, but then again there are too many like Ariana. Incredibly talented like Miley Cyrus, but someone you hope nobody in your family ever turns out like.
Hear hear. I like to think I’m reasonably accepting in what I tolerate, but I just don’t enjoy trashiness or crude vulgarity in any capacity. If nothing else, it shows a lack of imagination and self control. And it’s unpleasant to watch.

Quote:
What a breath of fresh air Alizée would have been in this country.
I agree! I can’t imagine anyone would object if their daughter turned out like Alizée!

Quote:
I was pleased to watch that SNL video. Years ago I used to watch them religiously, even after all the good actors left and it suffered through years of mediocrity, you couldn't pay me not to watch it. Now you couldn't pay me to watch it. It's just gotten too political.
Again, agreed! SNL used to make me laugh till I cried. Now they are not even funny. No matter your politics, it’s not enjoyable to watch—it’s just repetitive political anger.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 06-06-2019 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Administrator

I'm glad I went back for a second look.

Johann has other videos he put together. Here is one of his sister with special guest Annily.

https://vimeo.com/226445107

Vimeo is not so easy to download from but managed to do it. If anybody wants to save it for their collection, I loaded it on my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15n...iqnG6fG6V5mFxW

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-06-2019 at 08:24 AM..