Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-26-2018, 10:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

So is this the surprise she was talking about?
I wonder if they are having a competition between the two schools or if they are all just vying for the same prizes?
Old 03-27-2018, 12:24 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I wonder if they are having a competition between the two schools or if they are all just vying for the same prizes?

As a surprise, I will happily take a dance event in lieu of a jewelry shop.

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-27-2018 at 12:28 AM..
Old 03-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In the chat box a few days back, you said that after finding out what the surprise was might help you decide whether to take your vacation in Corsica or the Caribbean. Does this news help any?
Old 03-27-2018, 03:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
In the chat box a few days back, you said that after finding out what the surprise was might help you decide whether to take your vacation in Corsica or the Caribbean. Does this news help any?
Not really. That type of event doesn't appeal much to me. She'd probably be very busy with the organizing and running of the event so odds are I might not even get a chance to say hello.

Now if she was going to open up a shop in Ajaccio, that would be a different story. I'd go in there and haggle with her over something. "I'll buy two of these expensive little trinkets here if you sing L'Alize and do the J'en ai marre dance for me?".
Old 03-27-2018, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Not really. That type of event doesn't appeal much to me. She'd probably be very busy with the organizing and running of the event so odds are I might not even get a chance to say hello.

Now if she was going to open up a shop in Ajaccio, that would be a different story. I'd go in there and haggle with her over something. "I'll buy two of these expensive little trinkets here if you sing L'Alize and do the J'en ai marre dance for me?".
Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing before you even posted this. If she opened a shop, it would be a no-brainer of where your destination would be.

What a perfect way to have Alizee as a captive audience. I would be asking her questions about every item in the store.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing before you even posted this. If she opened a shop, it would be a no-brainer of where your destination would be.

What a perfect way to have Alizee as a captive audience. I would be asking her questions about every item in the store.

I can't imagine Alizee being content running a shop. After the phenomenal life she has lived up to this time, being a sales girl in a jewelry shop would be deathly dull. If she had a shop, she would probably hire someone to run it for her, so it might be difficult to catch her there. You'd have a better chance finding her at the dance studio.

However, if she did work the jewelry shop, she'd make a fortune. There would be lines of customers around the block and tourism to Ajaccio would triple. I might even fly in from San Antonio, Texas to buy a bracelet I had no use for.

I was watching the video below this morning and wondering how could she possibly give up singing. I find it hard to believe she isn't enjoying what she is doing in this video. I just don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9wJUpCCn0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us28ZQpoiK4

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-28-2018 at 01:34 PM..
Old 03-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I was watching the video below this morning and wondering how could she possibly give up singing. I find it hard to believe she isn't enjoying what she is doing in this video. I just don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9wJUpCCn0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us28ZQpoiK4
You couldn't have made your point better than including these two videos. The songs were perfect for her voice, and there is no other singing voice that I enjoy more than hers.

On your second video, what is the song at 0:37? It is magnificent! It is perfect for her voice, and I like the folksy sound to it.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-28-2018 at 04:14 PM..
Old 03-28-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
On your second video, what is the song at 0:37? It is magnificent! It is perfect for her voice, and I like the folksy sound to it.

La Javanaise

Something traumatic must have happened to cause her to stop singing. When Soni canceled her contract, I suspect an executive might have said something insulting about her singing that she took to heart.

Or possibly, she wanted to spend as much time with Greg dancing, and she knew that pursuing her singing career would obligate her to frequently be on the road without him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9LYD_Am4A
Old 03-28-2018, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
La Javanaise

Something traumatic must have happened to cause her to stop singing. When Soni canceled her contract, I suspect an executive might have said something insulting about her singing that she took to heart.

Or possibly, she wanted to spend as much time with Greg dancing, and she knew that pursuing her singing career would obligate her to frequently be on the road without him.
Thank you for the link. I'm sure I will be watching it dozens of times over the next week

She sounds so great singing with just an acoustic guitar. I wish she did more of these kind of songs.

Record label execs and the music industry can be cruel. Maybe she is just taking a break and doing something different for a while.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:32 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Jon Snow getting lots of attention.